The Albany-Dougherty Economic Development Commission presents its annual top industry awards to four companies
Business and civic leaders from Albany and Dougherty County honored four businesses at the Economic Development Industry Awards on Wednesday.
EDC wants to extend its self-awareness campaign for Albany and Dougherty County
With Phase I of its communications plan under way, the Albany-Dougherty EDC is looking ahead to the second phase of its program.
Albany-Dougherty Economic Development Commission's second video highlights manufacturing
The Albany-Dougherty EDC promotional video focusing on Albany industry and manufacturers is released during the week that the EDC observes Industry Celebration week.
In Albany, motorists are spending 34 cents more per gallon for gas than they did in April 2013
Stronger consumer confidence combined with increased demand have resulted in three solid weeks of price gains at U.S. gas pumps.
FTC asks U.S. Middle District Judge Louis Sands for a 60-day extension for filing documents necessary for dismissing an order for preliminary injunction in Palmyra merger.
FTC asks for 60-day extension on Phoebe-Palmyra proposed acquisition agreement
Albany-Dougherty Inner City Authority signs $300,000 downtown development deal
The Albany-Dougherty Inner City Authority board says a $49 million downtown development plan is worth a $300,000 risk.
Jefferson Street lane closure scheduled today
A public meeting on plans for Georgia rail will have its south Georgia meeting in Valdosta, and the Jimmy Carter Historic Site is gearing up to “Go Wild.”
IRS offers tips to last-minute filers
The IRS has some last-minute tips for individuals still working to get their taxes filed by Tuesday’s deadline.
ATL Locations scouts Albany area for potential television locations
Location scouts from Atlanta-based ATL Locations recently visited Albany looking for locations to film part of an upcoming television show.
Freshman Albany city commissioner’s comments generate animated business discussion
Albany City Commissioner B.J. Fletcher says property owners should be held accountable for not maintaining their properties.
There is more to Easter than chocolate bunnies
Modern Easter traditions blend of pagan and Christian practices.
News about business people in Southwest Georgia
Jessica Lancer has joined Southwest Georgia Farm Credit as a Client Relations Specialist.
State seeking veterans to fill fulltime jobs
The job fair is free and open to the public. Department of Juvenile Justice recruiters will be seeking candidates for jobs including administration, transportation, communications, probation, IT, engineering, counseling, maintenance and correctional officers.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty Environmental Health Offices March 31-April 3, 2014.
Research in Tifton may lead to control methods
Prionous root borers, the larval stage of the beetle, damages pecan tree roots by depriving trees of essential water nutrients. This makes them vulnerable to heavy winds. The larvae can also move through the soil and feed on an irrigation system if they encounter a pipe between pecan roots.
- Metro Albany Kitchen Inspections April 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 2, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Feb. 23, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 12, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 5, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 29, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 23, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 15, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 8, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 1, 2013
On the Job
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- On the Job with Melissa H. Bullard
- On the Job with Marine Corps Logistics Base-Albany Executive Director Kent Morrison
- On the Job with David Blackwell
- On the Job with James C. Davis
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments