Albany Mayor Dorothy Hubbard urges those attending the event to get excited about possibilities
Albany and Dougherty County government and Dougherty County public school leaders present their assessment of Albany’s future at the Albany Area Chamber of Commerce’s first State of the Community luncheon.
Owner Ronnie Patel says empahsis to be placed on wine and craft beer sales
A high-end package store gears up for opening next week on west Gillionville Road
The federal export credit agency help Thrush sell 20 ag aircraft to China last year
Rep. Sanford Bishop, Thrush Aircraft’s Payne Hughes pushing Ex-Im Bank charter reauthorization
An agent for the store owner sold beer to an underage person in 2013
A Lee County store owner’s applicantion for an alcohol sales license under an employee’s name is rejected by the Dougherty County Commission because of the employee sold alcohol to an underage person last year.
Monfort replaces longtime peanut expert Beasley
University of Georgia Extension’s new peanut agronomist says Georgia’s crop shows potential despite a prolonged drought.
July numbers show area unemployment on the rise
Despite the the month to month increases in the jobless rate from Albany and Southwest Georgia, both rates were favorable compared to last year’s as metro Albany’s was down year over year from the 9.3 percent reported in 2013. Southwest Georgia’s 9.1 percent was the same rate reported last July.
The jobs carry hourly pay ranges from $16.99 to $25.68, depending upon the position
URS has immediate openings for 250 new employees at its military vehicle maintenance center at Marine Corps Logistics Base-Albany.
Albany-Dougherty EDC reaching out, maintaining marketing campaign
An update was given on the business of the Renewal Task Force on Wednesday, which has centered primarily around the Only One Albany campaign. The report from the Renewal Task Force meeting on Aug. 6 stated that all the creative materials are out for the campaign, which tie back to www.onlyonealbany.com.
Albany-Dougherty Inner City Authority loses board member over skate park lease decision
Less than a week after walking out in frustration from a board meeting of the Albany-Dougherty Inner City Authority, board member David Prisant has resigned from that board.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty and Lee County Environmental Health Offices Aug. 8 through 14.
The farmland has been in the Robinson family's possession for a century
Farming runs in the family at Mitchell County’s Robinson Farms.
Dunn, Stephens accept Phoebe Putney-related positions
Eric Hooper, an attorney with the law firm of Moore, Clarke, DuVall & Ridgers P.C., has been appointed to serve as a member of the Community Outreach Committee of the Real Property, Trust and Estate section of the American Bar Association.
Marine, partner create 'Odd Jobber' business when rebuffed for employment
A 31-year-old Marine declared 80 percent disabled says he’s too young to remain idle, despite VA diagnosis.
Friends of Tift Park vendors stay busy at weekly Albany market
the Friends of Tift Park Community Market is going strong after five weeks of Saturday selling.
The retail giant and the university say they will team up to develop a more diverse and skilled regional workforce.
Walmart, Albany State announce partnership to develop regional workforce
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 8-14, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - July 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - May 18, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - April 26, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - April 23, 2014
- Metro Albany Kitchen Inspections April 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 2, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Feb. 23, 2014
On the Job
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - Aug. 3, 2014
- Albany Business Portfolio - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - July 6, 2014
- On the Job with Gail Hall
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments