ADICA approves $25,000 in additional funding for canoe/kayak launch
Albany’s interim downtown manager says inner-city progress is slow.
Dougherty County officials call for joint meeting with Albany City Commission
Local activists join neighborhood group in calling for County Commission action against proposed natural gas pipeline.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty County Environmental Health Offices Sept. 5-11, 2014.
O'Donnell joins Doherty Duggan Hart and Tiernan
Jarett O’Donnell has joined Doherty Duggan Hart & Tiernan Insurors as a commercial account executive.
New EDC Community Heroes campaign will recognize area citizens who make an impact
The Albany Dougherty Economic Development Commission is urging local residents to shine some light on those people who are bright spots in the community and make Albany/Dougherty County a special place to live and work.
Oakland Partners wants to constrict a 240-unit apartment complex
Jim Bacon said a development company based in Columbus wants to build an apartment complex on 30 acres owned by Oakland Partners near the intersection of Forester Parkway and Old Leesburg Highway. He said the project would represent an investment of about $20 million and could bring about $5 milion in revenue to Lee County over the next decade.
Recruitment event set Saturday at Career Center
The company is recruiting electronic maintenance technicians, heavy mobile equipment mechanics, and auto painters.
Walmart to begin staffing new Neighborhood Market
With construction of its new Neighborhood Market well under way in Albany, retail giant Walmart has turned its focus to hiring 95 new associates to in advance of the store’s grand opening, slated for early December.
Following recent internal promotions EDC looking for new marketing director
The Albany Dougherty Economic Development Commission (EDC) announced this week it will be seeking a new director of marketing and research.
Flint Hills Resources says it has a deal for Southwest Georgia Ethanol in Camilla
Flint Hills Resources CEO says the Camilla plant it is acquiring, its first outside the Midwest, is positioned for success.
Albany obstetrician honored by state organization
John S. Inman Jr., M.D., of Albany has been honored by the Georgia Obstetrical and Gynecological Society with its 2014 Distinguished Service Award.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty County Environmental Health Offices Aug. 30-Sept. 3.
Terry Lee plans to sell or close his Olde World Sandwich Shoppe later this year
After nearly 40 years feeding the hungry citizens of Albany, the lure of the open road and months spent basking in the tropical sun, has proven to great for restauranteur Terry Lee.
MillerCoors spearheads Albany river cleaning effort
MillerCoors, and community volunteers police the trash along the Flint River.
FTC rejects proposed agreement with Phoebe Putney Health System, Hospital Authority of Albany-Dougherty County
Federal Trade Commission officials say the matter is headed back to administrative court
The proposed agreement would have allowed the Hospital Authority to retain possession of the former Palmyra Medical Center and for Phoebe Putney to operate the facility.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 14, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 30-Sept. 3, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 15-21, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 8-14, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - July 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - May 18, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - April 26, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - April 23, 2014
On the Job
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - Aug. 3, 2014
- Albany Business Portfolio - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - July 6, 2014
- On the Job with Gail Hall
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments
- Fifth Friday Foundation
- Baconton, North Mitchell County improve fire rating
- Still Pond Winery and Distillery