Putney citizens concerned about dangers associated with state DOT traffic proposals
The Dougherty County Commission formally asked the state DOT to conduct a new traffic count at the U.S. Highway 19/Nelms Road intersection to determine if a traffic light is warranted.
More than 20 defibrillators donated to paramedics in Dougherty, Lee, Worth, Randolph and Terrell counties
About 90 percent of the patients who would benefit from this technology are first seen by paramedics, putting them on the front lines along with the public buildings were such devices are often mounted.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty and Lee County Environmental Health Offices April 23-May 2.
National Travel Writers and Tourism week has significant impact for Albany, Dougherty County
In an effort to highlight the imporance of tourism and travel in Albany and Dougherty County the Albany Convention and Visitors Bureau will be celebrating National Travel and Tourism Week May 2-10.
Donations may finance improvements
Brimberry’s vision is for Tift Park to be like Atlanta’s Piedmont Park.
City reorganization moves code responsibilities to Planning Services
The city of Albany’s Code Enforcement department has transitioned into the city’s Planning Services department.
Georgia peanut producers OK commission with 92.4 percent of the vote
More than nine out of 10 Georgia peanut farmers reaffirmed the Georgia Peanut Commission in a referendum conducted every three years on the group charged with education and promotion of one of the state’s leading row crops.
Albany Convention and Visitors Bureau holds strategic planning session on tourism
Consultant Judy Randall says the CVB has done some things really well but needs to work on other things.
Economic group holds executive session to discuss personnel
The Albany-Dougherty Economic Development Commission holds a closed meeting to discuss personnel issues.
EDC will manage Chamber activities for 90-day period
The Albany-Dougherty Economic Development Commission reaches a management agreement to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Albany Area Chamber of Commerce.
When planting in April, farmers run the risk of drastic temperature changes, high thrips pressure and higher occurrences of tomato spotted wilt virus (TSWV).
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty and Lee County Environmental Health Offices April 20-April 22.
Collaboration the key, Dougherty County chairman believes
Cohilas is a former chief prosecutor with the Dougherty County District Attorney’s office now in private practice with the Watson Spence law firm in Albany.
Phoebe health care industry winner for 2015 IOY cycle from North American Association of Uniform Manufacturers and Distributors
Since 1978, the IOY Awards have honored the image apparel programs and the organizations, manufacturers and distributors that have created them.
March unemployment rates are 7.2 percent in metro Albany, 7.1 percent in Southwest Georgia
The metro area rate declined as the number of unemployed residents decreased by 200 from 4,928 in February. The rate declined in the region as the number of unemployed residents decreased by 409 from 10,685 in the month prior, partially because employers laid off fewer workers, officials with the Labor Department said.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 27-April 3, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 24-30, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 19, 2014-Jan. 7, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 11-18, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 27 - Nov. 5, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 6-17, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 26-Oct. 1 , 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 14, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 30-Sept. 3, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 15-21, 2014
On the Job
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - Aug. 3, 2014
- Albany Business Portfolio - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - July 6, 2014
- On the Job with Gail Hall
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments
- Fifth Friday Foundation
- Baconton, North Mitchell County improve fire rating
- Still Pond Winery and Distillery