Georgia Political Briefs
U.S. Sen. Isakson, four U.S. House members touring Georgia bases; U.S. Sen. Perdue applauds North Dakota ruling against WOTUS; U.S. Rep. Bishop hosting a miliarty families summit; Georgia Ag Commissioner Black leads delegation to Panama.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty County Environmental Health Offices Aug. 24-28.
News about Albany area business leaders
Lawrence Alexander (Alex) Willson has returned to his hometown of Albany to work in the family businesses — Sunnyland Farms, Inc. and Willson Farming Company.
Rural telecommunications project has far-reaching impact
The time is rapidly approaching for city of Albany officials to determine whether they will continue their relationship with a federally-funded rural telecommunications project.
Metro Albany ranked 2nd lowest in state on Saturday
On a tank of gas, Albany motorists are paying about $20 less per fill-up than they were in late August 2014.
New Leadership Albany class begins program
A new crop of the Albany area’s best and brightest have begun the process of honing their leadership skills as Leadership Albany welcomed its newest class with a reception Thursday night at the Albany Museum of Art.
Tour included a look at Production Plant Albany
Officials at Marine Corps Logistics Base-Albany and Marine Corps Logistics Command hosted media representatives on a tour of the facilities on the installation Thursday morning.
Rates for Albany, Southwest Georgia at 8 percent and 7.7 percent, respectively
The metro Albany rate rose as the number of jobs decreased by 300 in July to 59,900. The job losses came in the service-related industries, including trade, transportation and warehousing and government, labor officials said.
City manager says infrastructure upgrades should be part of strategic plan
Albany Utility Board member Chad Warbington’s suggestion that surplus funds be used for a rate cut or rebates is debated by City Manager Sharon Subadan.
Crude oil falling to lowest prices since recession
Barring unforeseen problems, motorists in the Southeast should see some gas pump prices under $2 this fall.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty County Environmental Health Offices Aug. 17-21.
Chris Cannon’s Flint Equipment Holdings has 27 dealerships in six Southeastern states and the Caribbean.
Opening of new Lee store, name change signal end of Albany Tractor
Flint Equipment Co.’s new 78,000-square-foot Lee County Ag & Turf superstore will open for business Monday.
Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal dropped by Moultrie Thursday and offered positive remarks to a gathering of the community’s economic leaders, declaring that the state has “about escaped the great recession.”
Jimmy John's to locate in Wetover Pointe shopping center
Albany eaters will soon have another dining destination now that Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwich has entered into a lease to occupy space in the Westover Pointe shopping center next to Hong Kong Cafe.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 24-28, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 27-April 3, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 24-30, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 19, 2014-Jan. 7, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 11-18, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 27 - Nov. 5, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 6-17, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 26-Oct. 1 , 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 14, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 30-Sept. 3, 2014
On the Job
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - Aug. 3, 2014
- Albany Business Portfolio - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - July 6, 2014
- On the Job with Gail Hall
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments
- Fifth Friday Foundation
- Baconton, North Mitchell County improve fire rating
- Still Pond Winery and Distillery