Albany, Dougherty County, Dougherty School Board separate taxing entities
The Albany Herald takes a look at basic rules and differences governing the city and county.
Chamber brings together business and community leaders for discussion
As part of its continuing effort to bring together important members of Albany and Dougherty County’s civic and business leadership, the Albany Area Chamber of Commerce will soon host its annual State of the Community luncheon.
Statewide tax exemption applies on school-related items
The Georgia sales tax holiday brought out bargain-conscious shoppers on Friday and Saturday.
Albany, Dougherty County, Albany Area Chamber select EDC reps
Albany-Dougherty Economic Development Commission representatives and officers are named for FY 2016.
Commisison also revises alcoholic beverage hearing process
“Food trucks have become quite popular all over the country,” said Commissioner Billy Mathis. “I’d like the staff to research the matter, find a good ordinance and bring our ordinances up to date.”
Up to $5 million in Job-Enhancement Funds may be used for development of inner city
Albany city commissioners OK a plan to use Job-Enhancement Funds to spur downtown redevelopment.
Economic figures in Dougherty County significant: $225 million, 345 jobs
Albany-Dougherty Economic Development Commission figures offer significant answer to “What have you done for me lately?”
Dougherty Commissioner questions negative comments about local businesses
A Dougherty County commissioner calls out one of his colleagues about comments criticizing a local Walmart outlet.
Georgia Pecan Commission meeting to discuss potential federal marketing order
Consumers across the country may soon be hearing about pecans the way they do about pistachios, beef and milk, as the American pecan industry looks to have its own federal marketing order (FMO) that could greatly boost the commodity’s profile.
Retailer draws criticism over manager's refusal to support Dougherty student program
A Dougherty County commissioner says he expects Wal-Mart officials to address the commission at its Monday work meeting.
MillerCoors Albany Vice President Tim Dill no longer with company
After a six years at the helm of one of the community’s largest employers Tim Dill is out as the head man at Albany’s MillerCoors brewery.
Albany city manager says the city's interests must be protected
Albany’s city manager says she is willing to work with the South Georgia Regional Information Technology Authority under a plan that protects Albany taxpayers.
Construction for 46 MW facility at Marine Corps Logistics Base-Albany meets PSC approval
This will be the fifth solar facility to be constructed at a Georgia military base as a result of the partnership between the Georgia Public Service Commission, Georgia Power and the U.S. Department of Defense.
Albany officials plan to pull out of agreement with rural collective
Albany City Manager Sharon Subudan recommends, and the City Commission agrees, that the city not continue its relationship with the South Georgia Regional Information Technology Authority.
Newspaper article angers aviation commissioner, who challenges fellow board members
A member of the Albany-Dougherty Aviation Commission labels comments by fellow board members in an Albany Herald article regarding management of the airport “reprehensible,” leading to a heated exchange at Monday’s meeting.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 27-April 3, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 24-30, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 19, 2014-Jan. 7, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 11-18, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 27 - Nov. 5, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 6-17, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 26-Oct. 1 , 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 14, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 30-Sept. 3, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 15-21, 2014
On the Job
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - Aug. 3, 2014
- Albany Business Portfolio - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - July 6, 2014
- On the Job with Gail Hall
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments
- Fifth Friday Foundation
- Baconton, North Mitchell County improve fire rating
- Still Pond Winery and Distillery