These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty County Environmental Health Offices Sept. 28-Oct. 2.
Wall named president of lighting sales firm
Albany native Donny Wall was recently promoted to president of Bill Brown Sales from vice president of sales. Wall will guide Bill Brown Sales, a leading component sales agency in the lighting industry.
Mark's Melon Patch offers fall fun for the whole family
Few things signify the arrival of fall in Southwest Georgia like a trip out to Mark’s Melon Patch where the whole family can have fun amongst the pumpkins, or take an old fashioned hayride through the fields, all while picking up some fresh farm treats from the roadside market.
Albany entrepreneurs take on brick-and-mortar restaurants
Food truck/mobile food unit owners will hold a “soft opening” of a new concept in dining this weekend at 1111 Dawson Road.
Commission allows horses on 4.8-acre site, approval for church expansion
The Albany-Dougherty Planning Commission votes to grant a variance that will allow a family to keep horses on a 4.8-acre site and special approval for a church to expand.
During a four-month period, pilot Terry Humphrey visited 24 states to show off the new 510G
As Terry Humphrey taxied his Thrush 510G to to a stop before the facility’s main hanger, a crowd of Thrush Aircraft employees in white t-shirts clapped loudly when he popped open the cockpit door.
Albany Technical College still coping with enrollment, retention numbers
Unlike many of his colleagues throughout the state, Albany Technical College President Anthony Parker has different priorities for one of the Technical College System of Georgia’s most effective schools.
Travel study praises Albany Convention and Visitors Bureau and staff
A recent study conducted by Randall Travel Marketing indicates that while Albany and Dougherty County have a plethora of unique features and attractions making it desirable to visitors, failure to invest properly in facilities and in the downtown will hinder future tourism revenue.
More than 200 show up for public hearing at Albany Civic Center
A sometimes passionate, sometimes angry crowd offers comments on the Sabal Trail pipeline at a public hearing in Albany.
Harvest-time event recognizes economic impact of peanuts
For the 39th year, the grower/banker relationship will again be highlighted as the Georgia Peanut Commission joins with the Georgia Bankers Association for Georgia Peanut Bank Week, which is set for Oct. 12-16.
Average price for metro Albany rises 13 cents in past week
Motorists saw gas pump prices jump last week in what gas price watchers expect will be a short-lived hitch in the trend to lower prices.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty County Environmental Health Offices Aug. Sept. 5-18.
Portion of advertising proceeds from today to go to Cancer Coalition of South Georgia
The American Cancer Society estimates for breast cancer in the U.S. for this year include about 231,840 new cases of invasive breast cancer to be diagnosed in women, about 60,290 new cases of carcinoma in situ to be diagnosed and about 40,290 women to die from breast cancer.
Summerlin Vitamins and the Vapor Corner growing and expanding with each new generation
For over three decades the Summerlin family has been looking after the health of Albany area residents through its family business Summerlin Vitamins and the Vapor Corner, formerly Bill’s Vitamins and Health Food Store.
Sharpe, Scott joint Flint Community Bank board of directors
Brent Jarzen has joined Flint Community Investments as a financial advisor.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections -- Sept. 5-18, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 5-18, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 24-28, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 27-April 3, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 24-30, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 19, 2014-Jan. 7, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 11-18, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 27 - Nov. 5, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 6-17, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 26-Oct. 1 , 2014
On the Job
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - Aug. 3, 2014
- Albany Business Portfolio - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - July 6, 2014
- On the Job with Gail Hall
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments
- Fifth Friday Foundation
- Baconton, North Mitchell County improve fire rating
- Still Pond Winery and Distillery