Portion of advertising proceeds from today to go to Cancer Coalition of South Georgia
The American Cancer Society estimates for breast cancer in the U.S. for this year include about 231,840 new cases of invasive breast cancer to be diagnosed in women, about 60,290 new cases of carcinoma in situ to be diagnosed and about 40,290 women to die from breast cancer.
Summerlin Vitamins and the Vapor Corner growing and expanding with each new generation
For over three decades the Summerlin family has been looking after the health of Albany area residents through its family business Summerlin Vitamins and the Vapor Corner, formerly Bill’s Vitamins and Health Food Store.
Sharpe, Scott joint Flint Community Bank board of directors
Brent Jarzen has joined Flint Community Investments as a financial advisor.
Local education leaders looking to strengthen work force preparedness
The Albany-Dougherty Economic Development Commission is asked to appoint a representative for a local education collaborative.
Public Service Commission survey shows Albany Utility rates lower than other area providers
An Electric Cities of Georgia official presents survey results that show Albany Utility Board electric rates are lower than other area providers.
UGA president addresses Albany Rotary Club, visits a small business helped by the university
University of Georgia President Jere Moreland says he has discovered being the president at UGA is an easier job when the Bulldogs football team is on a winning streak.
Unemployment rate in Albany was the highest of the 14 Georgia metro areas in August
Over the year, metro Albany initial unemployment claims were down by 2.6 percent from 538 in August 2014. In Southwest Georgia, claims were down over the year by 7.9 percent from 1,133 the same time last year, labor officials said.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty County Environmental Health Offices Aug. Sept. 5-18.
Disease boosted by hot, humid summer
White mold disease has always been a problem for Georgia peanut farmers, according to University of Georgia plant pathologist Tim Brenneman. The disease has been even more of a nuisance due to the hot and humid weather conditions this growing season.
Shelley Spires named new Albany Area Primary Health Care CEO
Longtime Albany Area Primary Health Care (AAPHC) employee Shelley Spires has recently taken over as company’s CEO following the September semi-retirement of Tary Brown, who held that position for the past 30 years.
Sentencing for three former Blakely peanut butter manufacturing executives starts Monday in federal court.
Communications employees say they are concerned over long hours, proposed higher insurance costs
Members of the local Communications Workers of American were seen picketing the office of AT&T on Pine Avenue Saturday, saying it was an informational demonstration to let the public know what their contract issues are.
Farmers see crops, research station
The tour included visits to multiple farming operations in Decatur, Grady, Miller and Seminole counties, including John Harrell’s peanut field in Grady County on Thursday.
Hundreds visit Albany Area Chamber Business Expo
After the success of last year’s Business Expo the Albany Area Chamber of Commerce said this year’s event was even better, featuring over 50 vendor booths and drawing over 500 attendees to the Hilton Garden Inn Thursday afternoon.
Albany Area Chamber Business Expo
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections -- Sept. 5-18, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 5-18, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 24-28, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 27-April 3, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 24-30, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 19, 2014-Jan. 7, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 11-18, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 27 - Nov. 5, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 6-17, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 26-Oct. 1 , 2014
On the Job
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - Aug. 3, 2014
- Albany Business Portfolio - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - July 6, 2014
- On the Job with Gail Hall
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments
- Fifth Friday Foundation
- Baconton, North Mitchell County improve fire rating
- Still Pond Winery and Distillery