Surgeons Stephen Allen, Kelvin Lane will be in new office beginning Monday
Stephen Allen, MD, and Kelvin Lane, MD, urological surgeons, will now be seeing patients at their new facility at 1950 Palmyra Road.
A former employee of the restaurant sued Deen and her brother, Bubba Hiers, in a suit settled last year
Deen family says Earl "Bubba" Hiers closed Uncle Bubba’s to explore development of the waterfront property on which it is located in Savannah.
More than half of motorists surveyed by AAA say they will alter driving habits, a drop from the 66 percent in 2013
Georgia motorists are seeing lower prices than the national average, but Albany is already above the 2013 average for the same period in 2013 and the state average is less than 3 cents below its 2013 average.
New running gear retailer having success in Albany
The owners of new Albany business, Wildside Running, are hoping not only to outfit the areas runners but also inspire more residents to get involved in the hobby.
An agreement between the FTC, the Hospital Authority of Albany-Dougherty County and Phoebe Putney has not been finalized
The FTC is asking the Department of Community Health whether certificate of need laws would prevent the break-up of Phoebe North from Phoebe Putney.
Two Albany icons -- one a former restaurant, the other a world-famous restaurateur -- top this weeks list.
These are the 10 most-viewed articles on albanyherald.com for the week of March 21-28, 2014.
Work will be done between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. to lessen the impact on businesses and motorists
Those traveling through the work area this spring should allow for slower speeds, some lane closures and traffic channeling markers.
Unemployment rate for Southwest Georgia region declines to 7.9 percent
Labor officials say Albany employers created 300 jobs and reduced the number of layoffs by 24.9 percent in February.
Stewbos Group owners say they will have a new name on their soon-to-be sixth restaurant, a drive-thru on Dawson Road
Bo Henry, co-owner of Stewbos, says the use of the Arctic Bear name, while it fit their concept, wasn’t worth the division it was causing in the family of the founders of the original restaurant.
Leadership Albany spearheads a customer service training seminar
Leadership Albany is heading community training designed to provide better customer service skills to area businesses and the their employees.
While prices have risen, it has been less than normal and is below 2013 prices
A lack of ethanol on the East Coast has fuel producers mixing in a more expensive grade of gas to keep adequate supplies flowing for motorists.
Avoir Salon and Color Bar is newest downtown Albany business
New hair salon Avoir is the latest addition to downtown Albany.
Celebrity Chef and Albany native drops in town for a meet and greet showing off her new furniture line
After a trying summer of 2013, Albany native Paula Deen has rebounded big with a new consolidation of her businesses under Paula Deen Ventures and plans for a $20 million restaurant and retail center at Dollywood.
Sit down with director of emergency services at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital
A new addition to the staff at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital speaks of his passion for the health care field and his desire to be able to meet John F. Kennedy.
Slight rise in rate for southwest Georgia
The Georgia Department of Labor (DOL) announced this week that metro Albany was one of only three metro areas throughout the state which saw a decrease in unemployment in January, when the rate dropped to 8 percent, down from the 8.2 percent reported for December.
- Metro Albany Kitchen Inspections April 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 2, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Feb. 23, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 12, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 5, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 29, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 23, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 15, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 8, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 1, 2013
On the Job
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- On the Job with Melissa H. Bullard
- On the Job with Marine Corps Logistics Base-Albany Executive Director Kent Morrison
- On the Job with David Blackwell
- On the Job with James C. Davis
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments