Still Pond Winery and Distillery now makes spirits
After nearly a year of uncertainty, Still Pond Winery and Distillery in Arlington has now embarked on making premium moonshine, top shelf vodka and barrel aged brandy in the company’s new distillery.
Wagner's BBQ in East Albany closes its doors after 19 years
After 19 years serving Albany family-owned Wagner’s BBQ unexpectedly closed its doors Wednesday with an announcement on the restaurant’s Facebook page.
Motorists in Albany are paying nearly 15 cents more a gallon than they were in July 2013
While motorists in Albany, Georgia and across the nation are seeing modest drops in gas prices, the averages are still considerably higher than what they were paying a year ago.
Thrush would be the first business to be awarded money from the fund
The decision by the city’s Long-Term Financial Planning Committee must be ratified by the Albany City Commission before it can go into effect.
Promotions, changes and other activity of business people in metro Albany and Southwest Georgia
Albany Area Business Portfolio is a weekly column on business leaders in metro Albany and Southwest Georgia. Items may be emailed to Managing Editor Danny Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to him at The Albany Herald, P.O. Box 48, Albany, Ga. 31702.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty, Lee and Worth County Environmental Health Offices June 26 - July 1, 2014.
Antique and craft stores like Alice and Jay draws shoppers from across the state
Thanks to the growing popularity of anchor retailers, downtown Sasser is seeing a retail resurgence as a mecca for antique and craft hunters from across Georgia and beyond.
Researchers at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University have recently developed a process that reduces allergens in peanuts by 98 percent.
While the pumps will not be a bargain, travel experts do not think it will curtail holiday travel plans
Fuel prices are not expected to hit the levels they did in 2008, but they are expected to be at least a dime higher than last year’s average.
Waffle House and Dunkin Donuts projects moving forward
The much anticipated arrival of Dunkin Donuts in downtown Albany has moved a little closer to fruition now that construction has begun to rennovate the Homerun Foods location on Oglethrope Boulevard to make room for the nationally known restaurant.
Nationally syndicated writers Myscha Theriault and David Dickinson praise Albany as travel destination
The Good Life City recently gained national attention thanks to a pair of articles penned by travel writers Myscha Therault and David Dickinson praising Albany as an affordable and fun travel destination for families.
Merry Acres is one of 10 Georgia hotels included on the ConventionSouth magazine list
ConventionSouth magazine named Albany’s Merry Acres Inn and Event Center one of the South’s top “Hospitality Hotels.”
Lattimer Communication begins production for EDC re-branding campaign
Filming is officially underway for Albany Dougherty Economic Development Commission re-branding campaign.
The Quail Forever chapter will promote sport, youth education and conservation
Officials from the Southwest Georgia Quail Forever chapter came together at the Albany Welcome Center on Tuesday to formally announce the establishment of the chapter, as well as to outline a plan to further the cause of Quail Forever.
Business owners, developers say prospects good for downtown business boom
Although Downtown Manager Aaron Blair will leave at the end of the month, inner-city stakeholders say they expect momentum to continue.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - July 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - May 18, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - April 26, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - April 23, 2014
- Metro Albany Kitchen Inspections April 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 2, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Feb. 23, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 12, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 5, 2014
On the Job
- Albany Business Portfolio - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - July 6, 2014
- On the Job with Gail Hall
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- On the Job with Melissa H. Bullard
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments