A roundup of business news from Georgia
gas prices keep ticking upward; ag commissioner warns of possible contamination in certain salmon products (for people) and cat food.
County officials concerned over Sabal Trail compressor station announcement
Dougherty County commissioners express concern over a recent announcement of the relocation of a proposed compressor station made by the company that plans to bring a natural gas pipeline through part of the county.
Albany hosting Georgia Public Service Commission clean fuel vehicle show
As the state of Georgia and the nation continue to transition to more environmentally safe vehicles, Albany area residents and officials will get a chance to learn more about the need for clean vehicles and the types of vehicles that are growing in popularity around the country when the Georgia Public Service Commission hosts an Alternative Fuel Vehicles Roadshow stop in Albany later this month.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty and Lee County Environmental Health Offices June 8-12.
Market set to open June 25 and remain open until July 16, or when coupons are exhausted
Remy Hutchins, manager of the health department, said the program was created to provide locally-grown, unprepared produce to nutritionally at-risk WIC participants and to expand consumer awareness and use of markets.
Ameris gains three Albany locations
After nearly five months of working out the details, the acquisition of three Albany Bank of America locations by Ameris Bank is complete as the deal was given final approval by the Federal Reserve Friday.
Underwater cave diving comes easily to Guy Bryant
A sense of adventurism and the need to explore keeps Guy Bryant returning to underwater caves.
Albany entrepreneur contends downtown authority is unconstitutional
A downtown Albany businessman accuses the city’s Downtown Development Authority of wasting taxpayer money and then lying about it.
Parks and Recreation director to manage golf club
The general manager of Grand Island Golf Club in Lee County has resigned to accept another position in the Albany area, says Lee County Manager Ron Rabun.
Energy company says proposed new station location is in a heavily wooded area
Local landowners fighting the Sabal Trail natural gas pipeline say a proposed new compressor station location does little to protect local residents in Southwest Dougherty County. A superior court judge rules that landowners who have refused Sabal Trail officials access to their property cannot continue to deny that access for environmental and other survey work.
NIFCO KTW to open its first U.S. headquarters in Toccoa, creating 200 jobs
NIFCO KTW plans to invest $27 million in a manufacturing facility and U.S. headquarters that will manufacture injection molded components for autos. The German company is expecting to create 200 new jobs in the Toccoa-Stephens County area.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty and Lee County Environmental Health Offices June 1-5.
Training begins Monday morning at UGA Conference Center
University of Georgia Extension will host a pair of cotton scouting schools in June. The programs will be held on Monday, June 8, in Tifton and Tuesday, June 16, in Midville.
A letter to the downtown manager candidate says the offer has been withdrawn
The city of Albany has rescinded a job offer to downtown manager candidate Michael Syphoe after completing a detailed background check.
Authority wants to use money from Deal-Closing Fund to stimulate downtown redevelopment
The Albany Downtown Development Authority wil look at tweaks to its improvement loan proposal.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 27-April 3, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 24-30, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 19, 2014-Jan. 7, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 11-18, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 27 - Nov. 5, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 6-17, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 26-Oct. 1 , 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 14, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 30-Sept. 3, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 15-21, 2014
On the Job
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - Aug. 3, 2014
- Albany Business Portfolio - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - July 6, 2014
- On the Job with Gail Hall
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments
- Fifth Friday Foundation
- Baconton, North Mitchell County improve fire rating
- Still Pond Winery and Distillery