The Quail Forever chapter will promote sport, youth education and conservation
Officials from the Southwest Georgia Quail Forever chapter came together at the Albany Welcome Center on Tuesday to formally announce the establishment of the chapter, as well as to outline a plan to further the cause of Quail Forever.
Business owners, developers say prospects good for downtown business boom
Although Downtown Manager Aaron Blair will leave at the end of the month, inner-city stakeholders say they expect momentum to continue.
Year-to-year, the state unemployment rate for May is down 1.2 percent
Labor officials say the period from April to May usually sees an uptick in unemployment as college graduates try to enter the work force.
Motorists should prepare for a 10- to 15-cent increase soon, experts warn
Concerns over violence in Iraq, OPEC’s No. 2 oil producer, are expected to bring to an end the declining fuel prices U.S. motorists have experienced so far this summer.
Portman's Music will move into former Ed Jordan Music location
An integral part of Albany’s business and musical community for three decades, Ed Jordan made his final sale this week and closed his doors after 32 years.
The Closet Downtown is Albany’s newest clothing boutique
Downtown Albany welcomed its newest business this week when The Closet Downtown opened its doors to the public.
Georgia Chamber of Commerce ‘Power Lunch’ to discuss regional business matters
The Georgia Chamber of Commerce is hosting a networking event in Albany as part of the organizations Power Lunch series to discuss key issues effecting area businesses.
Area Winn Dixie stores closing temporarily to become Harvey’s
Select Winn Dixie grocery stores throughout south Georgia will be temporarily closing and then reopened as Harvey’s.
Sylvester Walmart open doors with big old carnival
Worth County shoppers have a new shopping option now that Walmart has opened for business.
S and S Roofing and Construction to relocate closer to Lee County High School
Thanks to the approval of a rezoning request by the Leesburg City Council Tuesday night S & S Roofing and Construction will soon be moving to a new location.
Enviornmental regulations also should take into account the economic impact, congressman says
U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop said he has asked the EPA to extend the commenting period on its new carbon emission regulations for 120 days to give all sides a chance to give their views on the rules and their impact.
Smucker has raised the list prices on its packages Folgers and Dunkin’ Donuts coffees
The first hike in coffee prices in three years is likely to trigger price hikes by competitors.
Metro Albany has lowest average pump price of Georgia metro areas Monday
While gas pump prices in Albany and statewide are beating the national average, they are up from what motorists were paying a year ago.
Applications for Chamber leadership class due next week
The deadline to submit applications to the Albany Area Chamber of Commerce’s 2014 Leadership Institute is June 2.
State Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Committee presents Above and Beyond Award to LOGCOM employee Andrew Trout
Marine Corps Logistics Command (LOGCOM) employee Andrew Trout was recognized Wednesday for his support of Marine reserve employees by being presented with the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve State Committee’s (ESGR)Above and Beyond Award.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - July 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - May 18, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - April 26, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - April 23, 2014
- Metro Albany Kitchen Inspections April 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 2, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Feb. 23, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 12, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 5, 2014
On the Job
- Albany Business Portfolio - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - July 6, 2014
- On the Job with Gail Hall
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- On the Job with Melissa H. Bullard
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments