Marine Corps Logistics Base-Albany receives the Environmental Protection Agency Energy Combined Heat and Power Award
The Marine Corps Logistics Base-Albany was awarded the United States Environmental Protection Agency Energy Star Combined Heat and Power Award this week.
Despite a small decline in Albany, Georgia and national averages for retail gas rose slightly from last week
Expectations are that even if gas prices rise over the next few days, motorists will be paying less for Thanksgiving holiday travel this year than they did in 2012.
The state department of economic development to hire south Ga project manager
The Plantation Trace tourism region, of which Albany is the hub, will soon be getting a full time project manager.
Lansing C. Hillman, MD, has joined Phoebe Convenient Care at Phoebe Northwest.
David Coley has tried retirement, and discovered he did not care very much for it.
DCSS Interim Director of Federal Programs David Coley says the best thing about his job is the quality people he’s met here since taking the job in February.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty, Lee and Worth County Environmental Health Offices Nov. 5-15, 2013.
Crop pales in comparison to last year’s yield
It was feared earlier in the season that high accumulations of rainfall during the summer washed out portions of farmers’ peanut fields. While reports are low of that being the case, rain did provide other farmers with enough water for their crops to exceed normal growth.
Sabal Trail Transmission pipeline projected to go online in 2017
Proponents and opponents of a proposed natural gas pipeline discuss the project at a public forum.
Two Water, Gas and Light Commission employees are recognized for rendering aid to a citizen
Officials tour Water, Gas and Light treatment, maintenance, warehouse/purchasing facilities, getting a close look at daily operations.
Outdoor superstore, Gander Mountain, located next to the Albany Mall, opened its doors to the public for the first time this week.
The national average for gas could drop to $3.05 by Christmas, some experts believe
Metro Albany ranks third-lowest among the eight metro areas in Georgia for the average cost of retail gasoline on Monday.
These are kitchens and restaurants that have been recently inspected in the metro Albany area
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty, Lee and Worth County Environmental Health Offices Nov. 1-4, 2013.
Albany Police Chief John Proctor says he has fallen in love with Albany, where he became the top law enforcement official in 2009.
News about business leaders in the area
Chuck Mailloux has been promoted to chief operating officer for Short and Paulk Supply Co. which has operations in Albany, Dawson, Sylvester and Tifton.
Dan Cathy is taking the reins as the restaurant chains CEO
Among the issues Dan Cathy will tackle is strategic international expansion of Chick-fil-A.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 8, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 1, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Nov. 17, 2013
- Albany Kitchen Inspections - Nov. 10, 2013
- Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 22, 2013
- Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 1, 2013
- Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 25, 2013
- Kitchen inspections July 28, 2013
- Kitchen inspections for July 21, 2013
- Kitchen inspections for June 26, 2013
On the Job
- On the Job with Charles Lamb
- On the Job with Claire Leavy
- On the Job with Dotty Davis
- On The Job with David Coley
- On the Job with Albany Police Chief John Proctor
- On the Job with Dr. Jacqueline Grant
- On the Job with Cal McMillan
- Business Portfolio - Oct. 6, 2013
- On the Job with Ralph Scoccimaro
- On the Job with Lyndia Sue Wright
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments