Albany plant to feel affects of MillerCoors Eden brewery closing
Beer giant MillerCoors announced this week that the company would be closing its Eden, N.C., brewery by September of next year.
Chamber Business Expo at Hilton Garden Inn
Business from across the Albany area will be gathering at the Hilton Garden Inn this Thrusday for the Albany Area Chamber of Commerce’s annual Business Expo, showcasing local merchants.
Stewbo's burger and fries venture closes
After being open a little more than eight months, Albany restaurant Local Jerry’s has closed its doors, marking a rare occasion that a restaurant venture from Stewbo’s Restaurant Group, failed to gain traction with area diners.
Boler named Sertoman of the Year, Herald earns Business of the Year honors
Albany Herald General Manager Ken Boler was named As the Sertoman of the Year by the Albany Downtown Sertoma Club last Friday while The Herald was also recognized at the club’s Business of the Year.
The day was part of the brewerys Great Water Month initiative across the country
For the sixth consecutive year, MillerCoors Albany Brewery and the Flint Riverkeeper have partnered to clean the banks of the Flint River and Lake Chehaw. Nearly 40 company employees and volunteers fanned out in boats Friday to collect trash from the water and river banks.
Business news from the state of Georgia.
Buy-back guarantee cuts cost of heavy machinery drastically
A buy-back deal negotiated between the city of Albany and Flint Equipment Holdings leads to a heavy equipment bargain for the city.
Federal agency draft statement moves Sabal Trail pipeline closer to approval
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission finds no reason in its draft environmental impact statement to challenge the Sabal Trail natural gas pipeline.
Space nearly booked up for the upcoming Albany Area Chamber of Commerce businss expo
The Albany Area Chamber of Commerce is once again gearing up for the annual Business Expo, one of the organization’s most important events for connecting the community with area businesses.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty County Environmental Health Offices Aug. Aug. 31-Sept. 4.
Recent expansion includes plaza purchase, second day care
The New Beginning Plaza, in the immediate future, will house a barber shop and beauty salon — which is hoped to eventually be followed by a restaurant and community grocery store.
The answer to Sunday's mystery photo location
Here is the answer to our latest Where Am I? mystery photo.
Rashelle Beasley earns Larry Allen Tourism Leadership Award
One of Albany’s own received statewide recognition Wednesday when Georgia Governor Nathan Deal awarded the Larry Allen Tourism Leadership Award to Albany Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) Executive Director Rashelle Beasley at the annaul Governor’s Tourism Conference in Savannah.
The 69th annual event will be held at the Exchange Club Fairgrounds
It might just be early September, but Exchange Club Fair of Southwest Georgia Vice President Skip Nichols is in full gear working out details for the 69th fair schedule Nov. 3-8 at the fairgrounds.
Corridor will become walking/cycling trail, provide utilities right-of-way
A 13.6-mile corridor purchased by the Albany City Commission for expanded utilities services will become an elaborate walking/cycling trail maintained by Rails to Trails.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections -- Sept. 5-18, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 5-18, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 24-28, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 27-April 3, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 24-30, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 19, 2014-Jan. 7, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 11-18, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 27 - Nov. 5, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 6-17, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 26-Oct. 1 , 2014
On the Job
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - Aug. 3, 2014
- Albany Business Portfolio - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - July 6, 2014
- On the Job with Gail Hall
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments
- Fifth Friday Foundation
- Baconton, North Mitchell County improve fire rating
- Still Pond Winery and Distillery