These establishments were inspected by the County Environmental Health Offices
Small Business Saturday helps Albany vendors
A concept started by American Express in 2010 has gained ground as Small Business Saturday
Black Friday crowds scarce as many shoppers ventured out Thanksgiving night
The festive decorations and discount pricing signs were still there and Bing Crosby’s “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas” could still be heard floating through the corridors of the Albany Mall, but one that was missing on Black Friday morning seemed to be the shoppers as Thanksgiving Day deals drew crowds out early.
Metro Albany and Southwest Georgia region each improve to 7.9%
Metro Albany has 200 fewer jobs in October than a year ago, but its unemployment rate declines from 8.6% to 7.9% during the same 12-month period.
Burke got his start with restaurant chain as a busboy at Albany IHOP
Albany native and businessman John Burke is named the International House of Pancakes’ Franchisee of the Year.
Farmers ahead of schedule in harvesting crop
Depending on the severity of the frost, cold temperatures can cause nearly mature bolls to open, and also can lead to bolls burning and rotting in the field.
Are early Black Friday sales on Thursday evening and more people Thanksgiving meals at restaurants the new norm?
About 18 percent of Thanksgiving weekend shoppers were expected to hit the stores on Thaksgiving Day.
The $10,000 grant, obtained by Keep Albany Dougherty Beautiful was used to landscape the building’s grounds and increase accessibility
Lowe’s grant money used to spruce up Albany ARC Adult Day Building’s grounds.
An analysis of sales data and store circulars by two research firms contradicts conventional wisdom that Black Friday is when shoppers can get the most and biggest sales of the year.
Georgia Climate Change Coalition cyclists stop at Albany's Art Park
Growing opposition to a proposed natural gas pipeline through Dougherty County now includes a group of cyclists from North Georgia who stopped in Albany Monday to host an awareness event in the downtown Art Park.
From organic farming to soap-making, White Oak Pastures embraces business evolution
White Oak Pastures in Bluffton looks to the past for future growth.
Local farm hopes to revitalize rural Bluffton
The Harris family, which has steered Georgia’s White Oak Pastures for five generations, is now putting its ingenuity and green touch for business to work in the farm’s hometown of Bluffton.
Phase 1 of 'There's Only One Albany' campaign nearing conclusion
Albany-Dougherty Economic Development Commission officials have their eyes on Phase 2 of an internal marketing campaign.
Google becoming an important focus for small business owners
With the holiday shopping season in full swing many area small busineses are hoping to reap the benefit of proper Internet marketing strategies provided by the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center in Albany.
Former Albany Health Care renovated after 2012 purchase
Representatives of the media were given a preview of the revocations at Wynfield Park Health and Rehabilitation at 223 W. Third Ave. ahead of its open house on Thursday afternoon to give an idea of what came of the more than $10 million in improvements made to the building that had been known as Albany Health Care until it was purchased and renamed in 2012.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 27 - Nov. 5, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 6-17, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 26-Oct. 1 , 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 14, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 30-Sept. 3, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 15-21, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 8-14, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - July 6, 2014
On the Job
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - Aug. 3, 2014
- Albany Business Portfolio - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - July 6, 2014
- On the Job with Gail Hall
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments
- Fifth Friday Foundation
- Baconton, North Mitchell County improve fire rating
- Still Pond Winery and Distillery