Consumers who haven’t paid attention to House Bill 170 sitting on the governor’s desk awaiting his signature will notice on July 1 when they go to the gas pumps.
Vegetable growers OK marketing order; state tax revenues up in March; pedestrian killed on I-75; jurors say evidence was lacking in DeKalb CEO case; survey finds support for Common Core; man swipes ambulance, wrecks it in chase; sheriff's deputy's empty car shot at his home.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty and Lee County Environmental Health Offices March 27 through April 3.
Darden chairs national nursing organization
Joan Darden, interim vice president for Academic Affairs at Darton State College, has been named chair of the first Board of Commissioners for the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation.
High temperatures can lead to scalding on bell peppers, vegetables
Similar shading systems were used in Spain and Israel, places with similar climates as Georgia, and succeeded.
Speaking at Albany Rotary Club, NewTownMacon CEO describes successful downtown formula
As Albany stuggles with revitalizing its downtown, the CEO of NewTownMacon says his non-profit’s work with Bibb County government and private businesses has been a winning formula for Macon.
Boutique inventory is being cleared for an unnamed new tenant
A weekend downtown yard sale liquidating stock in a closed boutiue is being to Thursday and Friday eveings.
Volvo is scouting sites to build a U.S. auto plant, and Georgia has made the short list, people with knowledge of the situation told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Tyson Foods closing Buena Vista plant, paring 190 jobs
In an effort to streamline operations, poultry giant Tyson Foods Inc. has announced that it will be cutting the third shift from its plant in Dawson, in addition to closing the company’s location in Buena Vista. The moves will eliminate a combined 260 jobs.
GUEST COLUMN: Ensuring efficient, safe transportation has long been a priority for the Georgia Chamber
Without a significant increase in dedicated, annual transportation funding, our state will not be able to keep up with necessary road repairs or build the projects needed to enhance mobility.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty County Environmental Health Offices March 17 through 26.
Changing oil industry leads to sale of long-standing Albany business
Knowing when things have run their course is often difficult to ascertain, especially when it comes to how you make your living, but for businessman Chuck Darsey making the decision to sell long-standing Albany business Darsey Oil Company came as clearly as the writing on a white board.
Confusion over proposed changes leaves Albany city commissioners with unanswered questions
Albany city commissioners decide to prolong their discussion of proposed changes to the city’s sign ordinance.
New Invision Technologies will provide IT and security services throughout South Georgia
Two of Albany’s leading technology and security companies joined forces earlier this year when Alarm Detection Technology Inc. merged with Invision Technologies, LLC, to offer more a comprehensive suite of services to area clients under the Invision Technologies banner.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty County Environmental Health Offices March 16 through 20.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 27-April 3, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 24-30, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 19, 2014-Jan. 7, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 11-18, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 27 - Nov. 5, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 6-17, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 26-Oct. 1 , 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 14, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 30-Sept. 3, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 15-21, 2014
On the Job
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - Aug. 3, 2014
- Albany Business Portfolio - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - July 6, 2014
- On the Job with Gail Hall
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments
- Fifth Friday Foundation
- Baconton, North Mitchell County improve fire rating
- Still Pond Winery and Distillery