In a close vote, the board decides to not take action on breed-specific restrictions
Five commissioners vote to delay action on a pit bull ordinance.
Managers appointed at local health club
Steve Nix and Leah Vann have been promoted to management positions with Tony’s Fitness Group on Westover Boulevard.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty and Lee Environmental Health Offices Feb. 12 through 19.
The Albany Area Chamber of Commerce looks to unveil new retail website in 2014
The Albany Area Chamber of Commerce hopes to enhance its Shop Local campaign by introducing a new digital presence this year.
OUTLOOK 2014: Walmart is under contruction in the Worth County Industrial Complex
Wal-Mart will be opening in Sylvester later this year and while many point to job creation and tax benefits as reason for optimism, some local business owners are concerned about the impact of the retail giant on small business.
GUEST COMMENTARY: Chamber officials excited about two new programs this year
The Albany Area Chamber of Commerce plays somewhat of a different role in how it impacts the community.
OUTLOOK 2014: EDC shows residents why they should love their city
An EDC task force discovers an Albany self-image problem and sets out to correct it.
OUTLOOK 2014: EDC set to unveil next phase of We Are Albany rebranding campaign
The Albany-Dougherty Economic Development Commission is excited this year to be unveiling the organization’s new re-brand of Albany.
OUTLOOK 2014: A-West Enterprise says employees are key
A-West Enterprise overcame the great recession to become a multi-million dollar company.
OUTLOOK 2014: Ongoing, potential projects reason for optimism in Albany’s inner city
A number of projects and potential projects in downtown Albany has local officials planning for a significant 2014.
OUTLOOK 2014: Pay raises, insurance costs, city utility among priority issues for city leaders
Albany leaders go into 2014 with a number of vital issues prominent on their to-do list.
OUTLOOK 2014: Budget concerns, countywide efficiencies among vital issues facing Dougherty County government
With an election promising a significant shakeup of the county government, Dougherty leaders can’t look too far ahead.
An Alabama prison inmate has been charged in an elaborate business scam
At least two Albany businesses have been called by scam artists placing bogus orders.
OUTLOOK 2014: CVB hopes 2014 will continue area's recent tourism growth
The Albany Convention and Visitor’s Bureau looks toward increased activity in 2014.
OUTLOOK 2014: The area's leaders of higher education to collaborate on improving learning in the region and stanching Dougherty County’s drop out rate.
Albany State, Darton State and Albany Tech to take aim at county’s drop out rate. Instututions of higher education want to improve learning in the region.
- Metro Albany Kitchen Inspections April 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 2, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Feb. 23, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 12, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 5, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 29, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 23, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 15, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 8, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 1, 2013
On the Job
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- On the Job with Melissa H. Bullard
- On the Job with Marine Corps Logistics Base-Albany Executive Director Kent Morrison
- On the Job with David Blackwell
- On the Job with James C. Davis
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments