Participants should call research center by Aug. 15
University of Georgia agricultural researchers will discuss their latest findings on corn, cotton, peanuts and soybeans at a field day set for Plains on Aug. 20.
Bank of America makes $2,500 donation to Flint River Habitat for Humanity
Bank of America recently helped Albany’s Flint River Habitat for Humanity put the finishing touches on a new home thanks to a corporate grant donation.
Retailers are preparing for an expected increase in store traffic
The period during which no sales tax will be collected on certain back-to-school items starts at 12:01 a.m. Friday and continues until midnight Saturday.
Three former officials with the defunct Peanut Corporation of America are to be tried in U.S. District Court in Albany
Nine people were killed and hundreds of others sickened in the 2009 samonella outbreak that was traced to the PCA peanut plant in Blakely.
Albany motorists enjoying lowest average price among Georgia’s eight metro areas
A double-digit drop in pump prices on the local, state and national levels has motorists experiencing retail gas prices below what they were paying this time last year.
Dougherty County commissioners discuss concerns about local-level business participation in projects
Local companies show little interest in single-bid Dougherty County project
Dougherty County commissioners discuss local participation in a county-financed project.
Jeffery R. Singleton honored by Georgia Dental Association
News about business leaders in Southwest Georgia
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty, Lee and Worth County Environmental Health Offices July 10 through 24, 2014.
Safety Max is among businesses in Albany's warehouse district hurt by limited customer access
Prolonged drainage work takes a $15,000 bite out of an Albany business’ bottom line.
The change in the ISO rating of the fire district takes effect Oct. 1
Baconton Fire Chief David Forrester says residents and business owners in the North Mitchell County fire district that includes Baconton should contact their insurance carriers about lower costs once the Class 3 ISO rating goes into effect this fall.
Season jobs losses and an increased labor force cause a two-tenths of a percent rise from May
Year-to-year, Georgia has shaved a percentage point off its June jobless rate, which was at 8.4% in June 2013.
Synovus names Simmons new president and CEO of SB&T
Long time Albany banker Pam Simmons was recently named the new president and CEO of Albany’s SB&T as former president Mark Lane assumes new position with parent company Synovus Bank.
Still Pond Winery and Distillery now makes spirits
After nearly a year of uncertainty, Still Pond Winery and Distillery in Arlington has now embarked on making premium moonshine, top shelf vodka and barrel aged brandy in the company’s new distillery.
Wagner's BBQ in East Albany closes its doors after 19 years
After 19 years serving Albany family-owned Wagner’s BBQ unexpectedly closed its doors Wednesday with an announcement on the restaurant’s Facebook page.
Motorists in Albany are paying nearly 15 cents more a gallon than they were in July 2013
While motorists in Albany, Georgia and across the nation are seeing modest drops in gas prices, the averages are still considerably higher than what they were paying a year ago.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 15-21, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 8-14, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - July 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - May 18, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - April 26, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - April 23, 2014
- Metro Albany Kitchen Inspections April 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 2, 2014
On the Job
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - Aug. 3, 2014
- Albany Business Portfolio - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - July 6, 2014
- On the Job with Gail Hall
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments