Truett Cathy, who created the boneless chicken sandwich, is retiring from Chick-fil-A.
An Albany Marine base was one of two federal facilities to recently receive an ENERGY STAR award
Combined Heat and Power, also known as cogeneration, simultaneously produces electricity and useful steam or hot water from a single heat source, using fuels such as natural gas or renewable landfill gas — helping federal facilities achieve goals to reduce carbon pollution and energy use.
Albany’s Jameson Inn chnages its name to Baymont Inn and Suites after undergoing extensive remodeling
Newton voters re-elect Mayor Gary Coker to new term
Newton voters approve Sunday alcohol sales 66-65.
Dougherty County's new tax director has 26 years of experience with the county's tax office
Dougherty County Administrator Richard Crowdis has named Shonna Colley to replace Denver Hooten as the county’s tax director.
Albany retail gas prices are third lowest of the eight Georgia metro areas
Metro Albany is below the state and national averages for retail gas prices, with costs as low as $3.139 per gallon Monday.
The medical director of Phoebe Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center becomes 62nd person to lead GOMA
Dr. Thomas Bozzuto is the first osteopathic physician in the specialty of wound care and hyperbaric medicine to become president of a state medical society, officials say.
Second Harvest of South Georgia and Central Monitoring coordinate coat effort in Albany
The Albany One Warm Coat project will run through Jan. 15. The One Warm Coat hotline is (229) 434-1176.
Herald writer Jennifer Parks conducts a one-on-one interview with Dr. Jaqueline Grant from the Southwest Public Health District
Dr. Jacqueline Grant serves as the top public health official in Southwest Georgia over an area covering 6,000 square miles and 14 counties.
Bobby Deen, youngest son of Paula Deen, has placed a healthy twist on her recipes
Celebrity chef Bobby Deen has given recipes of his mother, Paula Deen, healthy tweaks so that they can be eaten more often.
A proposed natural gas pipeline through Dougherty County could distribute a billion cubic feet of gas daily
A grassroots group is fighting to stop construction of a natural gas pipeline in Alabama, Georgia and Florida that is planned to pass through Dougherty County.
Albany lawyers say paying large amounts for real estate deeds is unnecessary
Albany attorneys and real estate agents want consumers to know paying an outside company large amounts of money to obtain certified copies of property deeds is unnecessary.
Georgia pecan production drops from 90 million pounds to around 65 to 70 million pounds
Increased rainfall in the summer opened the door to disease and drastically lowered individual size and quantity of pecans produced in Georgia this year.
A pair of Automated External Defibrillators are donated to Southwest Georgia Regional Airport
The Albany and Dougherty County Rotary clubs are recognized by officials at the Southwest Georgia Regional Airport for the donation of life-saving devices.
Two Gray Distribution employees form a new company to assume ownership of the Albany-based firm
Albany business Gray Distribution Services Inc. has announced the sale of its warehouse operation to newly formed Gray Logistics LLC.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 8, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 1, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Nov. 17, 2013
- Albany Kitchen Inspections - Nov. 10, 2013
- Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 22, 2013
- Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 1, 2013
- Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 25, 2013
- Kitchen inspections July 28, 2013
- Kitchen inspections for July 21, 2013
- Kitchen inspections for June 26, 2013
On the Job
- On the Job with Charles Lamb
- On the Job with Claire Leavy
- On the Job with Dotty Davis
- On The Job with David Coley
- On the Job with Albany Police Chief John Proctor
- On the Job with Dr. Jacqueline Grant
- On the Job with Cal McMillan
- Business Portfolio - Oct. 6, 2013
- On the Job with Ralph Scoccimaro
- On the Job with Lyndia Sue Wright
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments