No evacuation needed at Albany food plant
A propane leak at M&M Mars is quickly handed by plant officials.
EDC No. 2 official Justin Strickland named interim director
Economic and Development Commission president Ted Clem is reportedly accepting another position.
Oxford has two years to complete the road, which will start just north of Leesburg schools on State Route 195, connect to Old Smithville Road and then continue westward over the railroad tracks and U.S. Highway 19 before looping back to U.S. 19.
Hospital CEO, congressmen named in latest edition of Georgia Trend
Joel Wernick, president and CEO of Phoebe Putney Health System, has made the list now for eight consecutive years.
Albany health system adds to two new vice presidents over the course of a month
A core measures report presented to the board of directors at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital shows there have been overall improvements at the hospital over the course of several years in various areas including heart attack care, congestive heart failure care, pneumonia care and surgical care.
Albany bank makes donation of more than $4,500 to cancer fighting efforts
Flint Community Bank customers were offered a number of ways to support the Cancer Coalition of South Georgia, including a tree of ribbons in the bank’s lobby.
2013 will go on the books as the least expensive year for motorists since 2010
Experts expect pump prices to continue to rise slowly until later in the month, when they traditionally decline because of low demand.
Rain, pecan scab reduces pecan crop this season
The disease affected two of Georgia’s most common pecan cultivars — Desirable and Stuart trees — but the disease is not uniform across tree varieties.
Georgia closed the shrimp season in state-managed waters on New Year's Eve.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty and Worth County Environmental Health Offices Dec. 27-31, 2013.
Melissa H. Bullard is owner of Hinman Pool Supply
Melissa H. Bullard sees Hinman Pool Supply as a family legacy as well as a business.
Tifton economist creates his own corner of the tropics on UGA’s Tifton campus
professor Greg foinsah believes banana production can be a new revenue source for Georgia farmers.
News about business people in Southwest Georgia
Bill Graham, a communications consultant and former official with Procter and Gamble, will be the speaker
The Albany Area Chamber of Commerce will introduce its new Executive Committee officers and make recognitions, including its third annual Lifetime Service Award.
The alliance formed last summer now has 29 member hospitals
Stratus Healthcare is a loose alliance of independent hospitals that may find their partnership bonds grow stronger in the future.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 2, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Feb. 23, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 12, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 5, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 29, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 23, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 15, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 8, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 1, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Nov. 17, 2013
On the Job
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- On the Job with Melissa H. Bullard
- On the Job with Marine Corps Logistics Base-Albany Executive Director Kent Morrison
- On the Job with David Blackwell
- On the Job with James C. Davis
- On the Job with Charles Lamb
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments