Albany and Southwest Georgia see declines in number of unemployed, labor officials say
Labor officials said this is the lowest the Albany and Southwest Georgia rates have been since August 2008 when they were at 6.8 percent.
Proposal would allow for purchase of downtown property to spur inner-city economic development
The joint Albany City Commission/Albany Utility Board Long-Term Financial Planning Committee votes to move forward with a downtown development funding proposal.
Harvey's Supermarkets will maintain three other Albany stores
Southeastern Grocers, parent company of Harvey’s Supermarkets, announced Thrusday that the company will close two Harvey’s locations in Albany.
Fiscal Year 2016 Albany Dougherty Economic Development Commission budget shows reduction in expenses
With phase one of There’s Only One Albany now completed and phase two in full swing the approved budget for the Albany Dougherty Economic Develpment Commision (EDC) shows a signifcant reduction in expenses going into the next fiscal year, which starts in just over a month.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty and Lee County Environmental Health Offices May 18-23.
Eastside Pet Salon now located at dog park on Gillionville Road
Albany residents wanting to treat their canine companions to a day of fun and pampering can now take their furry friends to the Eastside Pet Salon at the Dog Park where they can run around, visit with friends and get all gussied up.
Lemon Grass owners say decision to close the Albany restaurant driven by family considerations
After serving Albany area diners for the past three years, the Lemon Grass Thai Cuisine restaurant is closing its doors Saturday so that the owners can spend more time with their family.
Experts think gas prices may drop some next month
After Memorial Day weekend launched the summer travel season with a forecast 10-year high in U.S. travelers, some gas market watchers think prices will top out this month, then decline some as the summer progresses.
Activities include exercise classes, art classes for seniors
The 2014 annual report for the council included statistics from the Georgia Division of Aging Services showing that there are 67,369 elderly people living in Southwest Georgia, with 16,255 being from Dougherty County.
Farm on Gillionville chemical and pesticide free
Healthy Living Farms, a 16-acre operation off Gillionville Road, is educating the community on eating chemical-free food.
Larry Sexton: Parking dispute should not cost taxpayers money
An Albany businessman says the Albany City Commission erred in electing to throw money at a “problem” that does not exist.
Bombay Grill owner also opening Krishna Grocery
Albany area diners will soon have an interesting ethnic alternative when Indian restaurant Bombay Grill opens its doors next month.
Five physicians, nine affiliate staff applicants looking to come on board
The Professional Affairs Committee serves as liaison between the medical staff and the Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital full board and handles matters relating to applications for medical staff membership. The committee is also meant to watch over and report to the board on matters of quality and safety within the hospital.
Foy Shemwell joins Fleming & Riles Insurance
Werhner Washington, plant manager at the Albany Procter & Gamble Company plant, and Albany Technical College Board Member, was featured as the May “Faces of Manufacturing in Georgia,” a segment produced by the Georgia Manufacturing Extension Partnership (GaMEP), a part of the Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute.
Six new AB&T National board members position bank for the future
Local financial institution AB&T National Bank took a bold move toward solidifying its future leadership Tuesday when shareholders and executives of parent company Community Capital Bancshares Inc. voted to bolster the bank’s executive board with six new members at the company’s annual meeting.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 27-April 3, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 24-30, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 19, 2014-Jan. 7, 2015
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 11-18, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 27 - Nov. 5, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Oct. 6-17, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 26-Oct. 1 , 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 14, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 30-Sept. 3, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 15-21, 2014
On the Job
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - Aug. 3, 2014
- Albany Business Portfolio - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - July 6, 2014
- On the Job with Gail Hall
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments
- Fifth Friday Foundation
- Baconton, North Mitchell County improve fire rating
- Still Pond Winery and Distillery