OUTLOOK 2014: Albany Marine base continuing with green intiatives in 2014
A biomass project with Procter and Gamble are among the possible projects that are anticipated to get started this year at Marine Corps Logistics Base-Albany.
OUTLOOK 2014: Plans remain to establish womens and childrens center
While exact figures are not yet clear, the conversion of Phoebe North into a womens and childrens center is expected to be in the eight-figure range.
OUTLOOK 2014: Sherwood will consolidate Upper and Lower school campuses, launch major capital projects
Deerfield-Windsor celebrates 50th Anniversary; Sherwood Academy undergoes major transformation, consolidationg its Upper and Lower campuses.
OUTLOOK 2014: A refurbished Dougherty High School set to reopen in August of next year
Dougherty High renovations ongoing, Lee County looking to athletics facilities upgrades
Albany Area Chamber of Commerce employs services of Jerry Usry and Usry Consulting Inc.
The Albany Area Chamber of Commerce has recently contracted the services of local lobbying firm Usry Consulting Inc. to advocate for the organization at the state capital.
Telecommunications company Hamilton Relay adding 40 positions to Albany center
Leading telecommunications provider Hamilton Relay announced this week that it will be expanding its workforce, adding 40 new positions to its Albany center.
Consumers on all levels are enjoying cheaper prices than the same date in 2013
Metro Albany is the cheapest of Georgia’s eight metro areas on Monday with an average per-gallon price of $3.101 for regular-grade gasoline.
The University of Georgia Economic Outlook series comes to Albany
The University of Georgia’s annual economic outlook forum will take place in Albany next week where economic experts will share their outlook on what the coming year will bring for local, state and national economies.
Governor Nathan Deal attends Georgia Quail Hunt kickoff in Albany
Business recruitment and expansion prospects arrived in South Georgia this week to learn about doing business in Georgia, while also enjoying some of the nation’s best quail hunting at the annual Georgia Quail Hunt.
The 12-county Southwest Georgia region is the nation’s second most expensive online marketplace created by the Affordable Care Act.
The Senate action sends the bill to the president for his signature
Both of Georgia’s U.S. senators support passage of a new, five-year farm bill.
BBB issues alert on scammers who pretend to be banks and other companies to steal money
When applying for a job or a loan, make sure you have not been misdirected to a scam website that pretends to be legitimate.
The December unemployment rates in Albany and Southwest Georgia are down from 2012 numbers
Recent unemployment rates in Albany and Southwest Georgia indicated improved job growth since last year.
The legislation will now be considered by the Senate
Nutrition programs that some House lawmakers wanted removed from the farm legislation survive the compromise process.
A weekly column on individuals in the business community in Albany and Southwest Georgia
Phoebe Health System gets new veep; neurosurgeon joins Albany practice; new deputy warden at Lee State Prison.
- Metro Albany Kitchen Inspections April 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 2, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Feb. 23, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 12, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Jan. 5, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 29, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 23, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 15, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 8, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 1, 2013
On the Job
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- On the Job with Melissa H. Bullard
- On the Job with Marine Corps Logistics Base-Albany Executive Director Kent Morrison
- On the Job with David Blackwell
- On the Job with James C. Davis
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments