Georgia pecan production drops from 90 million pounds to around 65 to 70 million pounds
Increased rainfall in the summer opened the door to disease and drastically lowered individual size and quantity of pecans produced in Georgia this year.
A pair of Automated External Defibrillators are donated to Southwest Georgia Regional Airport
The Albany and Dougherty County Rotary clubs are recognized by officials at the Southwest Georgia Regional Airport for the donation of life-saving devices.
Two Gray Distribution employees form a new company to assume ownership of the Albany-based firm
Albany business Gray Distribution Services Inc. has announced the sale of its warehouse operation to newly formed Gray Logistics LLC.
Retail gas prices decline in metro Albany by 12.7 cents per gallon from gas prices last week.
At an average of $3.179, metro Albany gas prices at the pump ranked third lowest among the eight metro area in Georgia on Monday.
Officials say a recent grant from Kohl’s Cares will go toward health screenings and information to eighth graders in Dougherty and Lee counties.
Five physicians and four mid-level candidates will be considered by the Phoebe Putney Hospital board
There are several physician and mid-level applicants looking to come onboard at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital, the most recent credentialing report available from the hospital shows.
Albany Election Previews
Businesswoman B.J. Fletcher is trying to unseat Christopher Pike for the Albany City Commission’s Ward III seat.
A walk around the grounds of the exposition at the old Spence Army Air Field revealed that the attractions appeal not only to farmers and agribusiness people.
An Albany-Dougherty Economic Development Commission promotional package includes Albany-made goods.
Faced with the risk of losing some $16 million a year in tax revenue, the Albany City Commission votes 6-1 to accept a 60 percent take of local-option sales taxes.
Local residents attended a public information forum at Albany Tech Monday night to hear more about a proposed natural gas pipeline that would cross through part of Dougherty County.
In one week, Albany moves from the cheapest average cost for gas among the eight Georgia metro areas to the third highest.
The Worth County Development Authority recently completed the sale of 7.33 acres of land to Wal-Mart, paving the way for the retailer to open a new Walmart location in Sylvester.
An Albany businesswoman has a hands-on role in the education of her daughters and has participated in numerous mission trips.
Mary Walker, this year’s Carrier of the Year at The Albany Herald, has been working as an independent contactor with the publication for 19 years.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 8, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 1, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Nov. 17, 2013
- Albany Kitchen Inspections - Nov. 10, 2013
- Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 22, 2013
- Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 1, 2013
- Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 25, 2013
- Kitchen inspections July 28, 2013
- Kitchen inspections for July 21, 2013
- Kitchen inspections for June 26, 2013
On the Job
- On the Job with Charles Lamb
- On the Job with Claire Leavy
- On the Job with Dotty Davis
- On The Job with David Coley
- On the Job with Albany Police Chief John Proctor
- On the Job with Dr. Jacqueline Grant
- On the Job with Cal McMillan
- Business Portfolio - Oct. 6, 2013
- On the Job with Ralph Scoccimaro
- On the Job with Lyndia Sue Wright
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments