These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty and Lee County Environmental Health Offices Aug. 8 through 14.
The farmland has been in the Robinson family's possession for a century
Farming runs in the family at Mitchell County’s Robinson Farms.
Dunn, Stephens accept Phoebe Putney-related positions
Eric Hooper, an attorney with the law firm of Moore, Clarke, DuVall & Ridgers P.C., has been appointed to serve as a member of the Community Outreach Committee of the Real Property, Trust and Estate section of the American Bar Association.
Marine, partner create 'Odd Jobber' business when rebuffed for employment
A 31-year-old Marine declared 80 percent disabled says he’s too young to remain idle, despite VA diagnosis.
Friends of Tift Park vendors stay busy at weekly Albany market
the Friends of Tift Park Community Market is going strong after five weeks of Saturday selling.
The retail giant and the university say they will team up to develop a more diverse and skilled regional workforce.
Walmart, Albany State announce partnership to develop regional workforce
Sheriff’s Office investigator injured in Leesburg
A Dougherty Sheriff’s Office investigator is injured in a Leesburg incident.
Albany sportswear shop searched for counterfeit merchandise
Solo’s Sportswear and Accessories on East Oglethorpe Boulevard is searched for sales of knock-off merchandise.
WGL officials are focused on providing telcom services for commercial customers
Albany utilities officials say plans to provide residential telecommunications services are a year away.
Quasi-governmental authority overshoots budget by $412,000
The city of Albany’s CFO tells the Albany-Dougherty Inner City Authority it has over-allocated project funding.
The meeting is one in the last round of sessions seeking public comment
The 2014 Georgia State Rail Plan ios scheduled to be published in December. It will serve as a blueprint for the state’s rail transportation through 2040.
Commissioner B.J. Fletcher: Time to dissolve ADICA?
Albany city officials meet with businessmen to discuss a lease agreemnt for the city-owned skate park property.
The inspection service opens office in Pecan Grove Industrial Park
A ribbon-cutting for the facility, located at 951 Pecan Grove Drive in Pecan Grove Industrial Park, was held on Tuesday and attended by various Albany and Dougherty County officials, as well as Georgia Department of Agriculture Commissioner Gary Black.
Harvesting equipment organically controls weeds
While mulch can be used to suppress nutsledge and other weeds in organic crops, it’s not encouraged, and hand-weeding is an unsustainable pratcice. Tifton scientists are examining the use of a peanut digger to control the weed.
Pump prices continue an unusual late-summer decline in cost
At $3.146 on Monday, metro Albany had the lowest average gas price of Georgia’s eight metro areas surveyed daily AAA.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 14, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 30-Sept. 3, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 15-21, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 8-14, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - July 6, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - May 18, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - April 26, 2014
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - April 23, 2014
On the Job
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - Aug. 3, 2014
- Albany Business Portfolio - July 27, 2014
- Albany Area Business Portfolio - July 6, 2014
- On the Job with Gail Hall
- On the Job with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital VP of Emergency Services Victor Garcia
- On the Job with Mona Qaqish
- Business Portfolio - March 2, 2014
- On the Job with Julie Miller
- On the Job with Cary Burcham
- On the Job with Dan Phillips
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- New growth for Albany 12 comments
- Fifth Friday Foundation
- Baconton, North Mitchell County improve fire rating
- Still Pond Winery and Distillery