During his time with the Albany chamber, Lamar Clifton helped bring a number of large industries to the region.
Businessman Lonnie Ballard recently participated in a question-and-answer session with The Herald’s J.D. Sumner.
Staff writer J.D. Sumner held a Q&A with Liz Gilmore, CEO of Members United Credit Union.
Phoebe is expected to lose close to $2 million annually through 2017 as a result of Medicare cuts, officials say.
An Albany hospital is expected to lose close to $2 million annually through 2017 as a result of Medicare cuts.
While Haryl Dabney's profession may technically involve working at L2Networks, you might as well add professional juggler to his list of skills.
Deputy Dougherty County Emergency Management Director Jim Vaught is an interesting character. After 27 years in the Marine Corps, the Harley Fatboy-riding leatherneck continued his public service in a variety of different ways — ending in his current role as the county’s top disaster planning specialist.
With 27 years of municipal government under his belt, Assistant City Manager Wes Smith has seen a lot during his tenure in Albany. He’s handled flood recovery, political scandals and has managed to balance a home life that includes a wife and four children.
In this week's On the Job, Chris Hardy talks about his personal and professional life; his dream of escaping to Hawaii and his addiction to golf.
For weary travelers who visit the Albany Welcome Center, Teresa Smith and the staff often provide their first impression of Albany.
This week's On the Job features Ufot Inyang, who is the assistant superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction for Dougherty County School System.
This week's On the Job features Sonya Acree, the owner of the Center for Cosmetic Dentistry in Albany.
This week's On the Job features John Bell, who is the owner and CEO of Matrix Department Inc. in Leesburg.
Col. Don Davis, commanding officer at Marine Corps Logistics Base-Albany, spends most of his time as an executive making decisions that impact Marines stationed in Albany.
This week's On the Job features Payne Hughes, president and owner of Thrush Aircraft, Inc.
Jim West holds a Q&A with David Hardin, CEO of Moulton & Hardin.
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 8, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Dec. 1, 2013
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Nov. 17, 2013
- Albany Kitchen Inspections - Nov. 10, 2013
- Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 22, 2013
- Kitchen Inspections - Sept. 1, 2013
- Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 25, 2013
- Kitchen inspections July 28, 2013
- Kitchen inspections for July 21, 2013
- Kitchen inspections for June 26, 2013
- Georgia ports provide jobs in metro area
- 'Treat Place' now a calling
- Two events deserve attention
- Hardy expanding meat business
- Positive signs for Synovus
- Deen gone, but not forgotten
- New growth for Albany
- Changes ahead at Chick-fil-A
- QU seeking boost from area backers
- Turner biggest landowner