The Homebuilders Association of Albany and Southwest Georgia has made it possible for one lucky person to turn $100 into $10,000 at the organization's annual reverse raffle benefit for the Albany Advocacy Resource Center.
People, Places & Things
Ryan Jenkins credits God with providing the tools for his pathway to service.
Two days of music and backyard barbecuing will be among the highlights of an annual Hasan Shriners benefit.
In celebration of Father's Day, Herald Writer Barry Levine takes a looks at some of television's greatest fathers.
Professional and amateur photographers are invited to submit photographs for the third Biennial South Georgia Photography Competition and Exhibit, sponsored by the Tifton Museum of Arts and Heritage.
The first anniversary of the Albany Drum Circle will be observed from 4 p.m.-6 p.m. on June 22 at Riverfront Park, 112 Front St., organizers say.
Theatre Albany Artistic Director Mark Costello said the theater will conduct auditions for the play “Steel Magnolias,” by Robert Harling, at 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday. Auditions will be conducted at the theater at 514 Pine Ave.
The Albany Amateur Radio Club will be taking to airwaves June 22 at the lake at Marine Corps Logistics Base-Albany, organizers say.
Two area musical groups are named tops in their genre among nominated state bands.
Released in 2008, Sherwood Pictures’ “Fireproof” brought in a worldwide gross of $33.4 million over 18 weeks.
Approximately three out of every 1,000 babies are born with some sort of hearing loss, officials say.
A fan of science fiction, musicals and classic rock ‘n’ roll, Rachel Riemke has found all three, plus the footlights, in “Return to the Forbidden Planet.”
With video sneak peek
The sci-fi musical “Return to the Forbidden Planet” begins Friday at Theatre Albany.
The free event will be conducted Saturday in downtown Albany.
People, Places & Things
The Albany-Dougherty Inner City Authority is working to restore and repurpose a city landmark.
- Mediacom to unveil digital-only programming
- Homebuilders plan Boot-Scootin' fundraiser
- Miz brings awesomeness to civic center
- Music, barbecue focus of I-75 Smoke Out
- Remembering TV's greatest fathers
- Dark 'Man Of Steel' Groomed To Reboot Superman Film Franchise
- Drum Circle anniversary June 22
- Auditions set for ‘Steel Magnolias’
- Radio operators ready to ham it up
- UBL, Highway 55 win Georgia Music Awards
Features Analysis and Opinion
- It happened in Memphis
- Southern Soul puts soul in barbecue
- Give up self-pity and give time to others
- Keep kids safe during the summer months
- ‘Moving Day’ comes to Methodists
- Federal Officials scouring Internet’s vast wasteland
- LaGrange retains its allure and appeal
- SWGA regional art show opens
- Truth always honorable
- Success comes from willingess to try again