The free event will be conducted Saturday in downtown Albany.
People, Places & Things
The Albany-Dougherty Inner City Authority is working to restore and repurpose a city landmark.
A new winner has been named for the 2013 Congressional Art Competition in the Second Congressional District of Georgia, officials with the office of U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop.
The leadership of the Albany Museum of Art showed off a newly-completed phase of renovations that has transformed some of the public spaces within the facility.
Chris Cagle has scored two No. 1 country albums and a chart-topping single in his almost 20-year career.
As many as 100 to 150 entries are expected Saturday for the Albany Hemerocallis Society's 31st annual show.
Stan Clardy’s one-man play “Soldiers in Gray, a Musical Journey” tells the story of a typical Confederate soldier.
The competition in Tifton raises $73,000 for Alzheimer;'s Association, Georgia Chapter.
Civic club celebrates 32 years of recognizing the talents of local art students.
The movie "Ring of Fire" will debut on the Lifetime Network on May 27.
A 5K run, bike race and street dance are among activities scheduled during an annual festival.
A Dawson comedy performance features cast members who support the city's Main Street Theatre.
Find this story and other news, sports and features items at www.albanyherald.com.
The Sumter Players will present “The Phantom Toolbooth “ — the classic better known as “Alice in Wonderland” — at the Rylander Theatre, 310 W. Lamar St., on May 9 and 10 at 8 p.m. and May 11 and 12 at 2:30 p.m.
Sherwood Elementary students will perform “Jungle Book Kids” at the school’s secondary campus, 1418 Old Pretoria Road, on Friday and Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
- Spring Fest to make downtown debut Saturday
- Hundreds set to race downtown Saturday 5 comments
- Majesty of Albany Theatre endures 26 comments
- The Big 10: May 10-17, 2013
- VIDEO: Deer crashes into bus, runs around wildly 1 comment
- Albany Museum of Art unveils newly-renovated spaces (WITH VIDEO)
- UPDATE: Edwards to move forward with Phillips' prosecution 15 comments
- Sasser venue to host country star Cagle 3 comments
- Local artists nominated for GA Music Award
- UBL set to unleash debut album
Features Analysis and Opinion
- Healing is an ongoing process 1 comment
- Traveling lighter no easy task 1 comment
- Common man’s buying guide
- Fredericksburg makes you feel at home
- Triumph can turn to tragedy
- Make yourself the product of healthier habits
- Not it when it comes to ‘not it’
- Keep kids healthy over the summer
- Looking Back - May 19, 2013
- AKAs bring youth ensemble to Albany 1 comment