A JFK commemoration, breakfast with Santa, musical auditions and a trivia contest headline Lee County High School events
Lee County High School students display memories of JFK’s assassination day and prepare for Santa Clause, auditions for a stage version of “Young Frankenstein,” and hone up for a book trivia contest next week.
Mithril meshes old world Celtic style with classical, American folk and Middle Eastern influences
On a weekend full of Christmas-related events, the Albany Symphony Orchestra will have two performances of holiday music Saturday at the Darton State College theater.
A busy weekend of holiday-related events is Coming Up in Albany and Southwest Georgia.
Christmas will make its presence known this weekend as parades, concerts and stage productions hit high gear.
Calhoun County native has lived in England for past 16 years
Sonja Lewis will return home to Calhoun County for a Thanksgiving visit with her family.
'Nuncrackers,' the Christmas incarnation of Dan Goggin's Nunsense series of musical comedies, comes to the Albany stage
Theatre Albany Artistic Director Mark Costello says 'Nuncrackers' will pay homage to Christmas while also creating a lot of zany fun.
The 'Peter Pan' production will mix acting and singing with ballet.
Ballet Theater South will bring J.M. Barrie’s classic tale "Peter Pan" to life on the Albany Municipal Auditorium stage on Dec. 6-8.
“It’s A Wonderful Life: Live from WVL Radio Theatre” will be performed at 7 p.m. Dec. 5 in Howard Auditorium at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College.
The following is a list of event happening in the area this week.
Two performances set Saturday in campus theater
“The Nutcracker: A Diversity Celebration,” under the direction of artistic director, Henry Hernandez, is an ethnically inclusive approach to the telling of this holiday classic.
Lee County High School Theater and Artistic Director Dotty Davis is helping mold the next generation of actors
For more than 30 years, Dotty Davis has lived much of her life on the stage. Now the Theater and Artistic Director at Lee County High School is passing the torch on to the next generation of performers.
Tickets are available online, at the schools and at the church
The cast includes Ellie Holt playing Belle, Reed Reynolds playing the Beast, and Cierra Franklin as Mrs. Potts. A full orchestra “brings the magic of this beloved classic to life,” says director Stephen Hand.
Students, faculty, staff and the Albany community will celebrate the artistic essence of the written and spoken word at the Albany State University 7th annual Poetry Festival.
Darton professor Dr. Zheng Jennifer Huang will perform a recital Sunday at the Darton Theatre, beginning at 4 p..
The award-winning Tesla Quartet was formed at the Julliard School in New York City.
The show opens at 8 p.m. Friday at the theater, 514 Pine Ave. Performances are scheduled for 8 p.m. Saturday and Oct. 24-26, with 2:30 p.m. Sunday matinees on Oct. 20 and 27. The box office can be contacted at (229) 439-7141.
- Twin Oaks presents HONK! Jr., The Ugly Duckling Musical (PHOTO GALLERY)
- 'Vagina Monologues' set at Albany State University
- 'Into the Woods' opens Friday night at Lee County High School
- Ellen's Oscar 'selfie' crashes Twitter, breaks record
- OSCAR WRAPUP: '12 Years A Slave' makes history with best picture
- Pale metallics, bold jewel tones dominate Oscars Red Carpet
- And the Oscar goes to ...
- CELEBRITY WATCH: Phillip Phillips and Luke Bryan releasing new songs; Paula Deen continues comeback
- Thousands enjoy Mardi Gras in downtown Albany (VIDEOS and PHOTO GALLERY)
- Dogs take a walk at Albany Mardi Gras (VIDEO and PHOTO GALLERY)
Features Analysis and Opinion
- BARRY LEVINE: The Price is right for iconic rock singer
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back - March 9, 2014
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Can love get a majority vote?
- T. GAMBLE: Just not cut out to be in this year
- RONDA RICH: Living in black and white
- KEVIN SPROUL: Springtime offers opportunity to support CPIU
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back - March 2, 2014
- KIRSTEN LUPINSKI: Bake up some fun, healthy snacks
- MANDY FLYNN: A life well lived
- T. GAMBLE: Illuminating the loss of another freedom