Popular Saturday gathering to coincide with city’s Snickers Marathon/Mardi Gras celebration
The Saturday Tift Park Community Market will resume March 7, coinciding with Albany’s Snickers Marathon/Mardi Gras celebration.
Fifteen bands perform for enthusiastic crowd
Metal music filled the downtown Albany Sstate Theatre all day Saturday during the first Albany Metal Fest.
The Albany Symphony Orchestra and the ensemble enhake will premiere 'Thronateeska' on Saturday
Nearly five years in the making, “Thronateeska,” inspired by the Flint River that is Albany’s most prominent natural feature, will be performed in the middle segment of the Albany’s Symphony Orchestra’s “Water” concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Albany Municipal Auditorium.
Special performances to help fund Theatre Albany group's trip to Southeastern competition
Theatre Albany will have special $10 performances of its award-winning production “The Lady of Larkspur Lotion,” with proceeds going to help fund the production’s participation in regional competition March 6 in Chattanooga, Tenn.
Long-time Albany Symphony performer Steven Landis writes concerto for 50th anniversary of ASO
The ensemble enhake will perform Saturday with the Albany Symphony Orchestra as they debut the concerto “Thronateeska.” Written by Steven Landis for the orchestra’s golden anniversary, “Thronateeska” is part of the “Water” concert as the ASO continues its “Brave the Elements” subscription series with its annual casual Beethoven in Blue Jeans performance.
ALBANY AUTHOR: E.G. Sherman shares 36 lessons from the altar at Institutional First Baptist Church.
A lesson in telling the truth can be found in the story of the boy who cried, “Wolf!”
Music and independence: If there are any overall bywords for this year’s Oscars, those would seem to be the ones.
Auditions will be 7:30 p.m. Sunday and Monday at Theatre Albany
Theatre Albany Director Mark Costello is looking to cast four males and five-10 females, ages ranging from teens to adults, for the theater’s April production of “Anne of Green Gables.”
Friday JAM final "Favorite" polls released
Here are the final candidates for the Albany Herald’s inaugural Friday JAM poll of who the readers feel are the Albany area’s best and brightest musicians.
Foreigner, Jennifer Nettles, Skillet among acts set to play at Valdosta theme park
Wild Adventures Theme Park offers a little something for all music fans during its 2015 concert series, which kicks off March 28.
Festival founder makes fan satisfaction a priority
Contractor Chris Gilbert had no previous experience when he started the Toadlick Music Festival, but he’s learned fast.
The Sunday afternoon concert is part of the Willson Chamber Music series
Featured will be violinist Frencesca Anderegg with pianist Brent Funderburk. The program, titled “Canciones Populares,” will include Maurice Ravel’s Violin Sonata, Manuel deFalla’s Suite Populaire Espagnole and Bela Bartok’s Rhapsody No. 1.
The following is a list of events happening in the area this week.
Theatre Albany opens musical revue that takes a humorous look romance and relationships
Valentine’s Day, which is Saturday, is all about relationships and romance. So is Theatre Albany’s production of “I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change.” The opening night curtain for the two-week, seven-performance run is Friday.
Albany Area Arts Council's February exhibit features work by Kay Cromartie and Suzanna Winton
The Albany Area Arts Council will unveil the organization’s latest monthly exhibit “Paintings by Mother and Daughter” at a brief reception tonight at the council’s Albany Carnegie Library headquarters.
- 'Full House' reunion on Netflix is officially happening
- Luke Bryan wins ACM Entertainer of Year, Cole Swindell top New Artist | PHOTO GALLERY
- Luke Bryan on stage as ACM Awards turn 50
- Cyclist Lonnie Wormley of Albany pedals away trauma
- Albany attorney Patrick Millsaps brings Southern charm to Hollywood
- Band of Heathens headlines 4th annual Due South
- Sunny Ortiz: Fans keep Widespread Panic's wheels turning
- Nick Dittmeier and the Sawdusters booked for Albany Locos show
- Albany Area Arts and Entertainment Briefly - April 17, 2015
- Albany State University hosts 2nd annual National Hip-Hop Conference
Features Analysis and Opinion
- HAL BRADY: The benefits of praying for others
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Assessing mental health of clergy
- EDDIE SEAGLE: Spring has sprung with plenty of blooms
- RONDA RICH: A story in a name
- BARRY LEVINE: Davy Crockett bagged big bucks in the 1950s
- MANDY FLYNN: Hearing is believing
- HAL BRADY: Peace among religions would lead to peace in the world
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Sanctuary works wonder on young grandson
- RONDA RICH: Shopping in person a pleasure
- MICHAEL LOMAX: 'Furious 7' speeds ahead with no subtlety