The Albany home is the November winner of the Daffodil Club recognition
Owner Jean Graham has added her own unqiue touches to the historic Albany residence at 603 N. Jackson St.
THE NOVEMBER GARDENER: Raising your own mushrooms is an option for mushroom lovers in the Albany area
Master Gardener Jere Brands raises a variety of wild mushrooms at her Albany home. She says many seed catalogues have mushroom-growing kits.
The October Gardener
Master Gardener Linda Harris details the best way to plant a fall garden.
Yard of the Month - October 2013
The home of Debbie and Tim Mazur, 236 Westfield Road in Albany, has been selected as the Yard of the Month for October by the Daffodil Garden Club.
Pumpkins, gourds, and those lovely-smelling cinnamon brooms are beginning to appear and, somewhere, tree leaves are beginning to change. You know what that means. Fall is approaching.
The September Gardener
Without our bees, butterflies and other pollinators we would not have many of the vegetables and fruits that we commonly enjoy. Attracting pollinators to your vegetable garden helps with crop yield and adds beauty to your garden. It also helps you have a healthier garden.
The Daffodil Garden Club has named the residence of Pattie and Dick Guilds, 165 Somerset Drive, as the club’s Yard of the Month for July.
Proper care and knowledge gleaned from regional bonsai artists are needed to nurture the miniature trees.
Albany Technical College students are getting a hands-on education working on two houses on Rosebrier Avenue.
The college planted a Live Oak in the greenspace in front of the school's Nathaniel Cross Building.
Donnell Davis, a retired business owner, enjoys getting creative with nature.
The Daffodil Garden Club has named this Albany residence as its Yard of the Month for May.
As many as 100 to 150 entries are expected Saturday for the Albany Hemerocallis Society's 31st annual show.
During World War II, many families grew victory gardens to do their civic duty.
The session is planned May 15-16 at the University of Georgia's Tifton campus.
Health and Wellness
- Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital approves audited financial statements
- Groups succeed in lowering hospital readmission rates
- KIRSTEN LUPINSKI: Have a healthy holiday season
- CARLTON FLETCHER: Series resurfaces memories of personal cancer battle
- Georgia has shortage of physician assistants
- Radiation Oncologist Chuck Mendenhall: Georgia governor out of touch
- Survivor Pat Tricquet: Cancer's given more than it's taken
- Cancer Coalition of South Georgia receives Mutual of America award
- Linda Van der Merwe important part of cancer battle
- Cancer Coalition of South Georgia battles cancer on local level
- Lee County School System Notebook - Dec. 4, 2013
- Christmas will come with Celtic flair at Albany Symphony Orchestra performances
- Albany Area Coming Up Calendar - Dec. 4-10, 2013
- Former Herald writer Sonja Lewis publishes novel 'Blindsided Prophet'
- Theatre Albany plans plenty of 'Nunsense' for Christmas
- Ballet Theater South presenting 'Peter Pan' in Albany
- 'It's A Wonderful Life' radio stage show coming to Tifton
- Albany Area Coming Up Calendar - Nov. 27-Dec. 3, 2013
- Darton State College hosting diverse 'Nutcracker'
- On the Job with Dotty Davis