GEORGIA CLIPPINGS: Fall is in the air, which means its time to work on those landscapes
This is the month that initiates seasonal activity in your landscape from color enjoyment and curb appeal to activity resolution and evening moments sitting around the outside fireplace or wood burner.
GEORGIA CLIPPINGS: An understanding of the outdoor room concept is important in planning
Before you start any projects, a good understanding of what is involved from start to finish is most critical.
GEORGIA CLIPPINGS: Fall is a beautiful time of the year
Every landscape garden needs shrubs for structure and good form for all seasons. Colorful fall foliage is often a factor many people link only to trees, but be reminded that shrubs can offer an interesting display of fall colors too.
GEORGIA CLIPPINGS: Chrysanthemums add more splashes of color to the autumn season
Our modern cultivated chrysanthemums exhibit a greater display of color than those found in nature. Their flowers can be seen in several forms including daisy-like, decorative, pompons or buttons. The chrysanthemums have many hybrids and multitudes of cultivars developed for horticultural purposes.
The residence owned by Martha Hall is the Daffodil Garden Club selection for the month
The home of Martha Hall, 110 Hidden Lakes Drive, has been selected as the Yard of the Month for September by the Daffodil Garden Club.
GEORGIA CLIPPINGS: Just as Memorial Day introduces summertime and the beach season, Labor Day bids them farewell
September is here and fall leaves will soon be preparing to display colors throughout the land, from our landscapes to the wooded areas (October color is magnificent pending environmental conditions).
GEORGIA CLIPPINGS: An alphabetical guide to getting ready for autumn
In preparing for autumn flowers and gardens, be sure to commit also to tending to them properly.
The residence of Norma and Ken Eder has been named August 2014 Yard of the Month
The colors that Norma and Ken Eder selected for their home make “quite an impact,” officials with the Daffodil Garden Club say.
HOME & GARDEN: Killing off all insects in your garden is a mistake
Beneficial insects help control pests that might sting your garden crop.
GEORGIA CLIPPINGS: River birch is native to the South
The river birch’s habitat is a lower, wet environment, but it also will grow in higher elevations and is a favorite ornamental plant.
The home of Annette and John Cromartie is recognized for the award
The selection is made because of the masterpiece that has been realized from the thought, planning and execution of yards at the Albany residence.
GEORGIA CLIPPING: Low maintenance doesn’t mean no maintenance
Curb appeal and maintenance requirements play an important role as choices are made and plants are installed into our landscapes according to plans.
Hypertufa is a lightweight cement mix that makes it simple to create your own plant containers and projects.
For your gardening pleasures, many annual plants are available touting the red, white and blue colors of our great country for exhibition at your home.
Take one step outside the home of Arlington native Ruby Davis and there’s no doubt where you are: “Ruby’s Garden.”
Health and Wellness
- Phoebe Sumter gets new CEO
- Navigators aid consumers in need
- Winning football coach holds Albany book signing
- Dougherty County Commission updated on Ebola virus
- Football concussions: Amid the fear, UGA research brings some hope
- Albany Area officials prepared in event of Ebola case
- Albany family turns to Internet in adoption effort
- MARY GANZEL: Obesity places burdens on health, finance
- Albany group holds annual Cancer STOMP carnival | PHOTO GALLERY
- Camilla woman making it through breast cancer battle
- OPENING FIREWORKS: Albany Symphony Orchestra opens season with Fire
- John Anderson, Shovels and Rope have Big Pine headlining slots
- Albany-Southwest Georgia Briefs - Oct. 16, 2014
- Albany Freedom Singers, Syd Blackmarr of Tifton among 2014 Governor's Arts Award winners
- Albany Museum of Art fall Family Day set for Saturday
- Jazz group opens First Tuesday Concert Series at ABAC
- New Albany Area Arts Council exhibit starts Thursday
- FRESH SOUNDS: 'New' is the theme for the Albany Chorale's 85th season | VIDEO
- Albany's E.G. Sherman to present paper about Vernon Johns in Memphis.
- Albany Area Coming Up Calendar - Sept. 24-30, 2014