Home of Robert Miller is cited for its beauty by the Daffodil Garden Club
After buying the home at 1205 Forest Glen Drive in Albany a dozen years ago, Robert Miller first gutted and renovated the residence, then turned his attention to the landscaping.
GEORGIA CLIPPINGS: Mulch gives landscapes curb appeal and unique character
Organic mulches are effective, but mineral and synthetic (inorganic) mulches can also make good mulching choices.
RON WOLFE: Yes, you can grow citrus in the Albany area
This question is frequently asked and the answer is yes, you can grow citrus here. There are some precautions one must consider before planting a citrus tree in the ground.
GEORGAI CLIPPNGS: Mulches are a very popular commodity in our contemporary landscapes and urban communities
Many different natural and synthetic mulches are available today which provide curb appeal, reduction of soil water losses, suppression of weeds, and protection against temperature extremes.
GEORGIA CLIPPINGS: It's a good time to complete effective landscape plantings
The weather outside is comfortable, yet cool enough to encourage plants to transition well into their new landscape homes. Check the soil for necessary preparation and proper drainage and make the necessary adjustments before installing any new plant materials.
Church gather for Make a Difference event
The volunteers worked on various chores connected with the “Food for a Thousand” vegetable garden at St. Patrick’s, a mission garden where the food is grown exclusively for distribution to people in need through food pantries such as Neighbors in Need and The Lord’s Pantry.
GEORGIA CLIPPINGS: Fall is in the air, which means its time to work on those landscapes
This is the month that initiates seasonal activity in your landscape from color enjoyment and curb appeal to activity resolution and evening moments sitting around the outside fireplace or wood burner.
GEORGIA CLIPPINGS: An understanding of the outdoor room concept is important in planning
Before you start any projects, a good understanding of what is involved from start to finish is most critical.
GEORGIA CLIPPINGS: Fall is a beautiful time of the year
Every landscape garden needs shrubs for structure and good form for all seasons. Colorful fall foliage is often a factor many people link only to trees, but be reminded that shrubs can offer an interesting display of fall colors too.
GEORGIA CLIPPINGS: Chrysanthemums add more splashes of color to the autumn season
Our modern cultivated chrysanthemums exhibit a greater display of color than those found in nature. Their flowers can be seen in several forms including daisy-like, decorative, pompons or buttons. The chrysanthemums have many hybrids and multitudes of cultivars developed for horticultural purposes.
The residence owned by Martha Hall is the Daffodil Garden Club selection for the month
The home of Martha Hall, 110 Hidden Lakes Drive, has been selected as the Yard of the Month for September by the Daffodil Garden Club.
GEORGIA CLIPPINGS: Just as Memorial Day introduces summertime and the beach season, Labor Day bids them farewell
September is here and fall leaves will soon be preparing to display colors throughout the land, from our landscapes to the wooded areas (October color is magnificent pending environmental conditions).
GEORGIA CLIPPINGS: An alphabetical guide to getting ready for autumn
In preparing for autumn flowers and gardens, be sure to commit also to tending to them properly.
The residence of Norma and Ken Eder has been named August 2014 Yard of the Month
The colors that Norma and Ken Eder selected for their home make “quite an impact,” officials with the Daffodil Garden Club say.
HOME & GARDEN: Killing off all insects in your garden is a mistake
Beneficial insects help control pests that might sting your garden crop.
Health and Wellness
- PERRY BUCHANAN: Thankful for the benefits of fitness
- Official: Approaching Third World care in Georgia
- Albany Technical College holds fall pinning and capping ceremony | VIDEO
- Georgia health IT business booming
- Exchange workers put priority on Latino outreach
- Wynfield Park Health and Rehabilitation cutting ribbon on completed renovations
- Albany Community Hospice partners with VA, National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization to serve veterans
- Albany dentist in honey competition finals
- Relay for Life forming teams for Albany event in April
- What to expect in Year 2 of ACA Exchange
- Albany State University Notes - Nov. 20, 2014
- Albany Area Coming Up Calendar - Nov. 19-25, 2014
- Albany Area Coming Up Calendar - Nov. 12-18, 2014
- Miss Albany pageant returns to the stage | PHOTO GALLERY
- Albany Area Arts Council prepares for busy holiday/winter season | VIDEO
- African Children's Choir to perform at First United Methodist
- Virtuoso pianist to perform at Tifton
- Touch a Truck event at Albany Museum of Art fascinates kids | PHOTOS
- Museum hosting Touch A Truck Saturday
- Baldwin Players perform female 'Odd Couple' in Tifton