The Albany Daylily Club will meet Saturday at noon at Phoebe East Conference Rooms A&B on 2410 Sylvester Road.
There are a number of important tasks that should be done now to prepare your gardens and lawns for the coming spring.
The Sauls family has resided at the recognized residence for 11 years
While the recent freeze drained the color out of many Albany yards, the Sauls’ residence continues to be a showcase.
The Albany home is the November winner of the Daffodil Club recognition
Owner Jean Graham has added her own unqiue touches to the historic Albany residence at 603 N. Jackson St.
THE NOVEMBER GARDENER: Raising your own mushrooms is an option for mushroom lovers in the Albany area
Master Gardener Jere Brands raises a variety of wild mushrooms at her Albany home. She says many seed catalogues have mushroom-growing kits.
The October Gardener
Master Gardener Linda Harris details the best way to plant a fall garden.
Yard of the Month - October 2013
The home of Debbie and Tim Mazur, 236 Westfield Road in Albany, has been selected as the Yard of the Month for October by the Daffodil Garden Club.
Pumpkins, gourds, and those lovely-smelling cinnamon brooms are beginning to appear and, somewhere, tree leaves are beginning to change. You know what that means. Fall is approaching.
The September Gardener
Without our bees, butterflies and other pollinators we would not have many of the vegetables and fruits that we commonly enjoy. Attracting pollinators to your vegetable garden helps with crop yield and adds beauty to your garden. It also helps you have a healthier garden.
The Daffodil Garden Club has named the residence of Pattie and Dick Guilds, 165 Somerset Drive, as the club’s Yard of the Month for July.
Proper care and knowledge gleaned from regional bonsai artists are needed to nurture the miniature trees.
Albany Technical College students are getting a hands-on education working on two houses on Rosebrier Avenue.
The college planted a Live Oak in the greenspace in front of the school's Nathaniel Cross Building.
Donnell Davis, a retired business owner, enjoys getting creative with nature.
The Daffodil Garden Club has named this Albany residence as its Yard of the Month for May.
Health and Wellness
- MICHELE MOULTON: Just one degree makes a world of difference
- KIRSTEN LUPINSKI: Bake up some fun, healthy snacks
- SOWEGA Council on Aging hosts luncheon on diabetes awareness
- Phoebe North focus for Phoebe Putney Health System in 2014
- PERRY BUCHANAN: Forget setbacks, and stick to your goals
- In Southwest Georgia, the Affordable Care Act is having trouble living up to its name
- KIRSTEN LUPINSKI: Another celebration day is just around the corner
- PERRY BUCHANAN: Some old school still good in new year
- Lights of Love surpasses fundraising goal
- Medical College of Georgia dean visits Albany, gives update on institution
- Twin Oaks presents HONK! Jr., The Ugly Duckling Musical (PHOTO GALLERY)
- 'Vagina Monologues' set at Albany State University
- 'Into the Woods' opens Friday night at Lee County High School
- Albany Chorale presenting annual fundraiser
- Shirley Temple Black, beloved childhood star and former ambassador, dies at age 85 (Photo Gallery)
- Stories for redemption (VIDEO)
- Albany Area Arts Council showcases works of Henrietta Ladson (PHOTO GALLERY)
- Albany Area Coming Up Calendar - Jan. 8-14, 2014
- Noted organist to perform in Tifton
- Theatre Albany auditions set for Sunday and Monday