The session is planned May 15-16 at the University of Georgia's Tifton campus.
A local coalition seeks to beautify the area by attracting Monarch butterflies.
The Daffodil Club each month spotlights the yard of an Albany residence for its attractiveness.
The April Gardener
Just because you don’t have much space available, it doesn’t mean you have to forego homegrown veggies.
George Paul says the biggest mistake many people make is not getting their soil tested before planting.
The invasive kudzu stink bug has gotten the attention of insect scientist Michael Toews.
The event is April 6 in Tifton at the former Georgia Agrirama site.
The event will include a tour of the Coastal Plain Research Arboretum.
With wings flapping at 50-60 times per second and weighting in at 2 to 3 grams, the hummingbird that is approximately three inches long is the smallest known bird in the world. Sitting on the porch watching nature at its finest, one can only marvel at this tiny bird who breathes 250 times per minute and whose heart pumps an unbelievable 1,260 beats during that same period of time.
The January Gardener column
“Queen of the winter flowers” is a quote from Stirling Macoboy’s book, “The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Camellias.” Indeed, the camellia and its various forms, colors, sizes, and blooming season make this flower a classic show piece for one’s garden and landscape.
December Gardener of the Month
The November Gardener
The weather’s getting cooler, but that doesn’t mean that work in the garden is any less important.
The October Gardener
As the temperatures get cooler, planting, rearranging and prepping work in gardens heats up.
Richard Grebel has thousands of busy workers, and what they produce for him could sweeten any life.
The September Gardener
In our fast paced stressful world it is hard to overestimate the enjoyment of a butterfly garden. Whether large or small, in your backyard or on your balcony, at your business, church or school, you’ll find butterflies will flock to your garden if you follow a few simple guidelines.
Health and Wellness
- Athens attracting aspiring and practicing physicians
- Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital hosts Lights of Love
- Southwest Georgia public health officials encouraging people to get their flu shots
- MICHELE MOULTON: Family is what matters most
- Georgia has highest maternal death rate in the country
- Jingle Bell Jog in Albany set for Saturday
- Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital approves audited financial statements
- Groups succeed in lowering hospital readmission rates
- KIRSTEN LUPINSKI: Have a healthy holiday season
- CARLTON FLETCHER: Series resurfaces memories of personal cancer battle
- Albany Area Coming Up Calendar - Dec. 11-17, 2013
- Southwest Georgia coach/administrator Graham Lowe book-signing guest
- Darton seeks funds for Steinway pianos
- Albany Chorale boasts rich and varied heritage
- Lee County School System Notebook - Dec. 4, 2013
- Christmas will come with Celtic flair at Albany Symphony Orchestra performances
- Albany Area Coming Up Calendar - Dec. 4-10, 2013
- Former Herald writer Sonja Lewis publishes novel 'Blindsided Prophet'
- Theatre Albany plans plenty of 'Nunsense' for Christmas
- Ballet Theater South presenting 'Peter Pan' in Albany