The Daffodil Garden Club has named this Albany residence as its Yard of the Month for May.
As many as 100 to 150 entries are expected Saturday for the Albany Hemerocallis Society's 31st annual show.
During World War II, many families grew victory gardens to do their civic duty.
The session is planned May 15-16 at the University of Georgia's Tifton campus.
A local coalition seeks to beautify the area by attracting Monarch butterflies.
The Daffodil Club each month spotlights the yard of an Albany residence for its attractiveness.
The April Gardener
Just because you don’t have much space available, it doesn’t mean you have to forego homegrown veggies.
George Paul says the biggest mistake many people make is not getting their soil tested before planting.
The invasive kudzu stink bug has gotten the attention of insect scientist Michael Toews.
The event is April 6 in Tifton at the former Georgia Agrirama site.
The event will include a tour of the Coastal Plain Research Arboretum.
With wings flapping at 50-60 times per second and weighting in at 2 to 3 grams, the hummingbird that is approximately three inches long is the smallest known bird in the world. Sitting on the porch watching nature at its finest, one can only marvel at this tiny bird who breathes 250 times per minute and whose heart pumps an unbelievable 1,260 beats during that same period of time.
The January Gardener column
“Queen of the winter flowers” is a quote from Stirling Macoboy’s book, “The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Camellias.” Indeed, the camellia and its various forms, colors, sizes, and blooming season make this flower a classic show piece for one’s garden and landscape.
December Gardener of the Month
The November Gardener
The weather’s getting cooler, but that doesn’t mean that work in the garden is any less important.
Health and Wellness
- Darton State College Nursing Program gains additional accreditation
- MARY GANZEL: Five tips for healthy eating on the go
- FTC asks for extension in Palmyra acquisition decision
- Cancer Coalition's RIDEforHOPE fundraiser fights cancer locally
- Key part of hospital provider fee still unresolved
- Relay for Life celebrates 20th anniversary
- Alzheimer's caregivers conference set Thursday
- KIRSTEN LUPINSKI: Spring into the outdoors
- The Big 10 - March 21-28, 2014
- Phoebe and Georgia Regents University growing rural doctors
- Deerfield-Windsor students to present 'Shrek the Musical'
- Albany Briefs - April 18, 2014
- Albany Symphony to present Italian opera for season finale
- Theatre Albany sets 'Oliver!' auditions
- Driving for laughs (Video and Photo Gallery)
- Sunbelt Photography Club displays photos at Arts Council
- Twin Oaks presents HONK! Jr., The Ugly Duckling Musical (PHOTO GALLERY)
- 'Vagina Monologues' set at Albany State University
- 'Into the Woods' opens Friday night at Lee County High School
- Albany Chorale presenting annual fundraiser