As many as 100 to 150 entries are expected Saturday for the Albany Hemerocallis Society's 31st annual show.
During World War II, many families grew victory gardens to do their civic duty.
The session is planned May 15-16 at the University of Georgia's Tifton campus.
A local coalition seeks to beautify the area by attracting Monarch butterflies.
The Daffodil Club each month spotlights the yard of an Albany residence for its attractiveness.
The April Gardener
Just because you don’t have much space available, it doesn’t mean you have to forego homegrown veggies.
George Paul says the biggest mistake many people make is not getting their soil tested before planting.
The invasive kudzu stink bug has gotten the attention of insect scientist Michael Toews.
The event is April 6 in Tifton at the former Georgia Agrirama site.
The event will include a tour of the Coastal Plain Research Arboretum.
With wings flapping at 50-60 times per second and weighting in at 2 to 3 grams, the hummingbird that is approximately three inches long is the smallest known bird in the world. Sitting on the porch watching nature at its finest, one can only marvel at this tiny bird who breathes 250 times per minute and whose heart pumps an unbelievable 1,260 beats during that same period of time.
The January Gardener column
“Queen of the winter flowers” is a quote from Stirling Macoboy’s book, “The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Camellias.” Indeed, the camellia and its various forms, colors, sizes, and blooming season make this flower a classic show piece for one’s garden and landscape.
December Gardener of the Month
The November Gardener
The weather’s getting cooler, but that doesn’t mean that work in the garden is any less important.
The October Gardener
As the temperatures get cooler, planting, rearranging and prepping work in gardens heats up.
Health and Wellness
- MICHELE MOULTON: Just one degree makes a world of difference
- KIRSTEN LUPINSKI: Bake up some fun, healthy snacks
- SOWEGA Council on Aging hosts luncheon on diabetes awareness
- Phoebe North focus for Phoebe Putney Health System in 2014
- PERRY BUCHANAN: Forget setbacks, and stick to your goals
- In Southwest Georgia, the Affordable Care Act is having trouble living up to its name
- KIRSTEN LUPINSKI: Another celebration day is just around the corner
- PERRY BUCHANAN: Some old school still good in new year
- Lights of Love surpasses fundraising goal
- Medical College of Georgia dean visits Albany, gives update on institution
- Twin Oaks presents HONK! Jr., The Ugly Duckling Musical (PHOTO GALLERY)
- 'Vagina Monologues' set at Albany State University
- 'Into the Woods' opens Friday night at Lee County High School
- Albany Chorale presenting annual fundraiser
- Shirley Temple Black, beloved childhood star and former ambassador, dies at age 85 (Photo Gallery)
- Stories for redemption (VIDEO)
- Albany Area Arts Council showcases works of Henrietta Ladson (PHOTO GALLERY)
- Albany Area Coming Up Calendar - Jan. 8-14, 2014
- Noted organist to perform in Tifton
- Theatre Albany auditions set for Sunday and Monday