Top Local News stories
The free event will be conducted Saturday in downtown Albany.
MCLB-Albany has a severe drop in water pressure Thursday following the rupture of a water main.
A county-by-county breakdown from the Labor Department shows that Dougherty County had an unemployment rate of 9.5 percent in April.
State officials say they're cracking down on fraudulent claims
A former Lee County resident's arrest on unemployment benefit fraud highlights what state officials say is a renewed effort to cut fraud from the benefit program.
Albany-based Mauldin & Jenkins announced Thursday the acquisition of a Chattanooga firm, boosting their footprint throughout the Southeast.
More Local News
Pick up a copy of The Herald on Friday to read about some of the good things going on in metro Albany.
Pick up a copy of The Herald on Friday to see what people are squawking about.
A woman tells police she was attacked by a dog while walking in Albany.
Police are looking for Octavian Lanovis Walton for aggravated assault.
Maternal and child health is among the priority items identified through a community needs assessment recently conducted at Phoebe Putney Hospital.
APD responds to at least 34 incidents.
Doherty, Duggan, Hart & Tiernan Insurors is the updated name of the Albany company.
The Compass Test math review course is designed to help potential students ease into college math.
A monthly forum strives to educate the public on gang activity in Albany.
The APD recently hired 16 new officers and is looking to add more in the coming months.
As officials in one Georgia county continue to clean up the legal mess caused with a non-U.S. citizen somehow ended up on a grand jury and issued indictments on more than 100 cases, local authorities say they believe enough safe guards are in place to thwart most from being able to sit on grand or trial juries.
- Bright of the Day - May 24, 2013 1 comment
- Squawk of the Day - May 24, 2013 2 comments
- America needs to turn to new course
- Dog owners must be more responsible
- America has to be good to be great
- 'Well, how about that?'
- Obama states there is no more room for excuses
- Weather exploited for political gain
- Healing is an ongoing process
- Former Americus-Sumter hoops star Bowens signs with Albany State
- Mary Alice Curry Robinson
- Robert Burney, Jr.
- Megan Jennifer Renee Harris
- Ashley D James
- Kolton Ryan Lloyd Stone
- Ola Omega Smith Morris
- James N. Stack
- Keyanna Octivia Lang
- Irvin Buchannon, Sr.
- Gussie Ward Harmon
- Albany woman attacked by pit bull
- Crime Stoppers for May 24, 2013
- Police/Fire/EMS report for Maay 24, 2013
- Gang Task Force presents 'Gangs 101'
- Albany Police Department in hiring mode
- Dawson police arrest one on marijuana charge 2 comments
- Police, Fire and EMS Reports - May 23, 2013
- Probation given in vehicular homicide case 7 comments
- Firefighters hope to form rescue dive team 1 comment
- Driver charged with hit-and-run accident
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- When did bashing a police officer become patriotic? 5 comments
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Whitney Houston
- Good, good, good
- SPEAK UP!
- Dogs, family and food
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment