Top Local News stories
The free event will be conducted Saturday in downtown Albany.
MCLB-Albany has a severe drop in water pressure Thursday following the rupture of a water main.
A county-by-county breakdown from the Labor Department shows that Dougherty County had an unemployment rate of 9.5 percent in April.
State officials say they're cracking down on fraudulent claims
A former Lee County resident's arrest on unemployment benefit fraud highlights what state officials say is a renewed effort to cut fraud from the benefit program.
Albany-based Mauldin & Jenkins announced Thursday the acquisition of a Chattanooga firm, boosting their footprint throughout the Southeast.
More Local News
Get a copy of the Friday Albany Herald to read about positive things going on in metro Albany.
Pick up a copy of the Friday Albany Herald to find out what everyone's squawking about.
A Dawson man faces a charge of marijuana possession with intent to distribute.
These are calls answered by Dougherty County and Albany public safety agencies Tuesday and early Wednesday,
A Lee County man is sentenced in the vehicle death of a 14-year-old.
For the first time, fallen area soldiers will be honored with crosses at the Albany Mall.
With preliminary approval from the City Commission, Albany Fire Department officials hope to establish a rescue dive team.
The Dougherty Library Board has offered options that would allow for one of two closed library branches to reopen.
The Dougherty County Commission is considering a spending plan that includes cuts throughout.
Recommendations include the purchase of seven more new school buses and the replacement of vehicle security cameras.
There are about 600 employees currently at the Southwestern State Hospital in Thomasville.
The U.S. Postal Service lost $1.9 billion during the second quarter of the year.
Shirley Sherrod leads a group that is voicing concerns about issues with the Baker County School Board.
- Bright of the Day - May 24, 2013 7 comments
- Squawk of the Day - May 24, 2013 15 comments
- America needs to turn to new course
- Dog owners must be more responsible 2 comments
- America has to be good to be great 1 comment
- 'Well, how about that?'
- Obama states there is no more room for excuses 6 comments
- Weather exploited for political gain 1 comment
- Healing is an ongoing process
- Former Americus-Sumter hoops star Bowens signs with Albany State
- Mary Alice Curry Robinson
- Robert Burney, Jr.
- Megan Jennifer Renee Harris
- Ashley D James
- Kolton Ryan Lloyd Stone
- Ola Omega Smith Morris
- James N. Stack
- Keyanna Octivia Lang
- Irvin Buchannon, Sr.
- Gussie Ward Harmon
- Albany woman attacked by pit bull 10 comments
- Crime Stoppers for May 24, 2013
- Police/Fire/EMS report for Maay 24, 2013
- Gang Task Force presents 'Gangs 101' 2 comments
- Albany Police Department in hiring mode 1 comment
- Dawson police arrest one on marijuana charge 2 comments
- Police, Fire and EMS Reports - May 23, 2013
- Probation given in vehicular homicide case 7 comments
- Firefighters hope to form rescue dive team 1 comment
- Driver charged with hit-and-run accident
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- When did bashing a police officer become patriotic? 5 comments
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Whitney Houston
- Good, good, good
- SPEAK UP!
- Dogs, family and food
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment