Top Local News stories
The Dougherty County Commission is considering a spending plan that includes cuts throughout.
The Dougherty Library Board has offered options that would allow for one of two closed library branches to reopen.
Shirley Sherrod leads a group that is voicing concerns about issues with the Baker County School Board.
With preliminary approval from the City Commission, Albany Fire Department officials hope to establish a rescue dive team.
The U.S. Postal Service lost $1.9 billion during the second quarter of the year.
More Local News
Officials at the Southwest Georgia Regional Airport hope to get a certificate of occupancy for a new terminal by June 2.
For more brights, pick up a copy of today's Herald.
For more squawks, pick up a copy of today's Herald.
The Phoebe medical staff takes looks into a physician applicant's qualifications before appointments are made.
Calvin Sessions was found guilty of multiple charges, including murder, by a Dougherty County jury in 1997.
The County Commission rejects a funding request from the National Youth Sports Program.
The Dougherty County Commission joins the EDC in offering support for Phoebe in its battle with the FTC.
For the second year in the last three, Albany Tech is a finalist for the state's top technical college.
APD responds to at least 79 incidents
The city of Albany’s annual fireworks show will take place July 4 at a new venue.
The Albany Police Department was called to the Oasis convenience store on South Slappey Boulevard at 1:21 p.m. on Monday in reference to a shooting. Officials say an investigation into the incident found that Dilip K. Joshi, 41, the manager of the store, was discovered deceased from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The discovery was made by a co-worker who heard a weapon being discharged inside the business.
Both the Albany and Dougherty County commissions open their voting meetings with prayer.
These are some of the top stories from around the state.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty, Lee and Worth County Environmental Health Offices.
Pick up a copy of the Monday Albany Herald to find out about positive things that are going on in the community.
- Mauldin & Jenkins acquires Chattanooga company
- Hundreds set to race downtown Saturday
- Could a non-citizen end up indicting Americans? 1 comment
- UPDATE: MCLB should be fully operational Friday 3 comments
- Albany unemployment rate continues downward march 2 comments
- Tyranny is no longer ‘lurking’ just around the corner
- Wimps take on the barbarians
- High school uniforms a lesson in control theory 4 comments
- Bright of the Day - May 23, 2013 2 comments
- Squawk of the Day - May 23, 2013 5 comments
- Arthur L. Tatum
- Kolton Stone
- Ben Powell
- Lula V. Gray
- Karlene McDearmid Jordan
- Bernard A. Catchings
- Teresa Lynn White
- Salli A. Harrell
- Robin Fetina Rhodes Cater
- Dorothy Shepard Kochendofer
- Dawson police arrest one on marijuana charge 2 comments
- Police, Fire and EMS Reports - May 23, 2013
- Probation given in vehicular homicide case 4 comments
- Firefighters hope to form rescue dive team 1 comment
- Driver charged with hit-and-run accident
- Police look for assault suspect
- Police/Fire/EMS - May 22, 2013
- APD responds to Sunday aggravated assault 3 comments
- Police/Fire/EMS report for May 21, 2013
- Lee County sheriff’s deputy steps in with CPR 1 comment
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- When did bashing a police officer become patriotic? 5 comments
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Whitney Houston
- Good, good, good
- SPEAK UP!
- Dogs, family and food
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment