Top Latest southwest Georgia news by The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com stories
The minister and former radio personality's home was an Albany Christmas showcase for more than a half-century
“Christmas Past — An Evening with Walter Flint” will be presented at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Thronateeska Heritage Center in Albany.
These are meetings and events you need to know about in metro Albany for the week of Dec. 9-15, 2013.
Several government agencies have their final meeting of the year this week, and both Albany State and Darton State conduct their fall commencement ceremonies.
Officials using National Influenza Vaccination Week to promote flu prevention
Since the holiday travel period gives an opportunity for disease to circulate, the public is being encouraged to get their flu shots before opening their gifts this Christmas.
Tommy Coleman represents the Dougherty County School System
A former Mayor of Albany, Tommy Coleman represents the Dougherty and Baker County school systems as well as 27 southwest Georgia municipalities and counties
The most-read stories of the week at www.albanyherald.com
The most-read stories for the week of Nov. 29 through Dec. 6 week at www.albanyherald.com
More Latest southwest Georgia news by The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
Figures from previous fiscal year presented to hospital finance committee, full board
A summary on community benefits figures from Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital shows there was $285 million spent by the hospital on that function during the last fiscal year, available balance sheets show.
Robert Cross bests Albany Middle School for district title
Robert Cross roars back from semi-final defeat to win Christine Blaylock Academic Bowl Trophy
These are individuals who were booked into the Dougherty County Jail Nov. 21 - Dec. 1, 2013.
Get a copy of The Albany Herald to read about the Bright Side of life.
Second annual event scheduled after Christmas parade and festival
Judging will be in three categories for best Christmas attire in three categories including small, up to 18 pounds; medium, 19-39 pounds and large, 40 pounds and up.
Get a copy of The Albany Herald to see what everyone is squawking about.
A JFK commemoration, breakfast with Santa, musical auditions and a trivia contest headline Lee County High School events
Lee County High School students display memories of JFK’s assassination day and prepare for Santa Clause, auditions for a stage version of “Young Frankenstein,” and hone up for a book trivia contest next week.
True Love would spend more than $27,000 for gifts mentioned in The Twelve Days of Christmas
PNC Wealth Management’s holiday price index based on The Twelve Days of Christmas carol marks its 30th year.
Temperatures, rainfall, and sun and moon information for the Albany area
Temperatures, rainfall, and sun and moon information for the Albany area.
The annual holiday market is 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday
The Holly Berry Market brings festive cheer for attendees with unique crafts, gifts, and decorations.
Mithril meshes old world Celtic style with classical, American folk and Middle Eastern influences
On a weekend full of Christmas-related events, the Albany Symphony Orchestra will have two performances of holiday music Saturday at the Darton State College theater.
SHERIFF'S COLUMN: The showcasing of the Dougherty County Sheriff's Office youth intervention program has attracted nationwide attention
The thing that sets the Dougherty County youth intervention program apart from others is maintaining contact with and mentoring at-risk youth.
A busy weekend of holiday-related events is Coming Up in Albany and Southwest Georgia.
Christmas will make its presence known this weekend as parades, concerts and stage productions hit high gear.
These are public safety reports from Albany and Dougherty County
The Albany Police Department responded to at least 45 calls late Monday and into the early hours of Tuesday, available reports show.
Civic club gets an overview of youth programs the law enforcement agency offers
There are more than a dozen youth intervention programs conducted by the Dougherty County Sheriffs Office ranging from mild to aggressive in nature.
- Dougherty County Jail Report - Dec. 2-5, 2013
- Governor to speak at Darton graduation
- Reduced-price tickets for Wanee Music Festival on sale
- Things to know in metro Albany - Dec. 9-15, 2013
- Walter Flint to recount Christmases past at Thronateeska
- Squawk of the Day - Dec. 9, 2013
- Bright of the Day - Dec. 9, 2013
- The Big 10 for the week Nov. 29-Dec.6, 2013
- Southwest Georgia public health officials encouraging people to get their flu shots
- Tommy Coleman named to GCSBA Board of Directors
- Josephine Beverly Hampton
- Betty Sims
- Mildred Shealy Pope
- Mable Lee Porter
- Allison J. Cannon
- Fulvia Juacinta Thomas
- Jacob Larry Parker
- Luke Rusk
- Jack Peterman
- Scarborough Lee Scott
Southwest Georgia Public Safety news from The Albany Herald and albanyherald.com
- Dougherty County Jail Report - Dec. 2-5, 2013
- Albany-Dougherty County Police/Fire/EMS reports - Dec. 7, 2013
- Albany police officers promoted in official ceremony
- Albany Area Crime Stoppers Most Wanted Fugitives - Dec. 6, 2013
- Albany and Dougherty County Police/Fire/EMS reports - Dec. 6, 2013
- Three injured in East Albany accident
- Albany-Dougherty County Police/Fire/EMS reports - Dec. 5, 2013
- Albany police issue burglary alert
- Dougherty County Jail Report - Dec. 4, 2013
- KEVIN SPROUL: It's all about the youth
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- When did bashing a police officer become patriotic? 5 comments
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Whitney Houston
- Good, good, good
- SPEAK UP!
- Dogs, family and food
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment