Freddie Freeman hits a walk-off, two-run homer in the bottom of the ninth to lift the Braves past the Mets early Tuesday morning in a game that was delayed nearly four hours before the opening pitch.
Leesburg's Nate Gahman finished tied for 10th in the Southeastern Amateur, one of the top amateur golf tournaments in the nation.
The United Way of Southwest Georgia is set to kick off its campaign in September.
Former Albany doctor Robert Sperrazza was convicted of tax evasion and structuring deposits.
Miami will try to avoid falling in the NBA Finals for the second time in three years in tonight’s Game 6 vs. the Spurs.
Saturday’s loss to Lehigh Valley means the Albany Panthers will have to win back-to-back games on the road to clinch a third straight league title, but it’s a challenge the 6-5 Panthers are up to.
Former Georgia Bulldog Alex Wood, Atlanta’s second-round pick in 2012, will get his first big-league start today. (ADDS: Notes on Freeman, B.J. Upton and Justin Upton)
Albany police respond to at least 57 incidents.
Tiger Woods’ last major championship victory came in 2008, and many are wondering if the greatest player of this generation will ever win another.
Herald guest columnist Loran Smith writes about Phil Mickelson’s collapse at the U.S. Open and how Lefty’s clock is ticking in his quest to win golf’s second major.
When most of us experience tough times, it becomes difficult to see past our own circumstances. We may shut down and feel sorry for ourselves or even angry at others.
For more squawks, pick up a copy of today's Albany Herald!
For more brights, pick up a copy of today's Herald!
Hillary Clinton is now on Twitter.
There’s a fundamental conflict at the heart of the Senate debate over the Gang of Eight comprehensive immigration reform bill. Most Republicans believe a policy to integrate 11 million currently illegal immigrants into American society must be conditioned on stronger border security and internal enforcement. Most Democrats don’t. At bottom, that’s what the fight is about.
- Music, barbecue focus of I-75 Smoke Out
- Remembering TV's greatest fathers
- Dark 'Man Of Steel' Groomed To Reboot Superman Film Franchise
- Drum Circle anniversary June 22
- Auditions set for ‘Steel Magnolias’
- Radio operators ready to ham it up
- UBL, Highway 55 win Georgia Music Awards
- Paula Deen's new line of butter, a little fat to finish the recipe
- Watch George Zimmerman trial live
- July 4: Food, fun and fireworks at the fairgrounds
Features Analysis and Opinion
- Give up self-pity and give time to others
- Keep kids safe during the summer months
- ‘Moving Day’ comes to Methodists
- Federal Officials scouring Internet’s vast wasteland
- LaGrange retains its allure and appeal
- SWGA regional art show opens
- Truth always honorable
- Success comes from willingess to try again
- Looking Back 9 June 2013
- Pay attention to your body’s warning signs
- United Way preparing for 2013 campaign
- Sperrazza released pending sentencing on $100k bond
- Police/Fire/EMS - June 18, 2013
- Squawk of the day - June 18, 2013
- Bright of the day - June 18, 2013
- One dead, two injured in Ashburn shooting
- Final meeting conducted at airport terminal
- DCSS public budget hearings sparsely attended
- Dozens of kayakers float out of Albany toward Bainbridge
- County OKs agenda items
- Standard & Poor's bumps up SYNOVUS credit rating
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- New Waffle House going up near Darton 5 comments
- MUTED: New law could end annoying TV commercial blaring 1 comment
- Want a pricey cup o' Java? Bring in the elephants
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Some people take voting just a bit too seriously 1 comment
- Barack Obama was born in Kenya! (And so was Mitt Romney) no kidding...
- The world will not end no matter what happens with this election 1 comment
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Police and Fire Chiefs address the media about firefighters hostage situation
- JB Test Video 2
- Herald Test Vid May