Walk a Mile in Her Shoes fundraiser for Lily Pad to be held at Deerfield Windsor School
The Lily Pad will be holding its annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes fundraiser later this month at the Deerfield Windsor School Upper Campus Track.
These are individuals who were booked into the Dougherty County Jail Feb. 27 - March 5, 2014.
Albany downtown manager Aaron Blair addresses Kiwanis Club of Dougherty County
Albany downtown manager Aaron Blair gave a brief overview of downtown projects to the Kiwanis Club of Dougherty County.
Get a copy of The Albany Herald to read about the Bright Side of life.
Get a copy of The Albany Herald to see what everyone is squawking about.
QUOTES: Words worth repeating
“They said it…” is a periodic collection of quotes from folks in Albany, Southwest Georgia and/or of national notoriety.
Jimmie Davis also threw out the first pitch 50 years ago during Albany Dixie Youth Baseball’s inaugural season.
Play Ball! 96-year-old former mayor throws first pitch. Jimmie Davis also threw out the first pitch 50 years ago during Albany Dixie Youth Baseball’s inaugural season.
Retired DFACS worker restores the voice boxes of talking dolls
Martin Tyre brings history back to life restoring the voice boxes of talking dolls
Here are the most-read stories of the past week from albanyherald.com
The Big 10 for the week of Feb. 28 - March 7, 2014. Here are the most-read stories of the past week from albanyherald.com
The following is a list of meetings happening in the area this week.
Get ready for St. Patrick’s Day with some delicious dishes.
News about business people in Southwest Georgia
News about Michaelk Eric Hooper and Bo Hatcher
The Cookie Shoppe co-owner has been serving up hearty, homemade meals for nearly 30 years
On the Job with Mona Qaqish
Funny thing about the early, early days of rock ‘n’ roll. Some of the biggest hits had highly unusual histories.
Event set Tuesday and Wednesday at Albany State University
The Teen Maze is a large, interactive life simulation where students are shown the positive and negative consequences of their behavior and life choices.
- Twin Oaks presents HONK! Jr., The Ugly Duckling Musical (PHOTO GALLERY)
- 'Vagina Monologues' set at Albany State University
- 'Into the Woods' opens Friday night at Lee County High School
- Ellen's Oscar 'selfie' crashes Twitter, breaks record
- OSCAR WRAPUP: '12 Years A Slave' makes history with best picture
- Pale metallics, bold jewel tones dominate Oscars Red Carpet
- And the Oscar goes to ...
- CELEBRITY WATCH: Phillip Phillips and Luke Bryan releasing new songs; Paula Deen continues comeback
- Thousands enjoy Mardi Gras in downtown Albany (VIDEOS and PHOTO GALLERY)
- Dogs take a walk at Albany Mardi Gras (VIDEO and PHOTO GALLERY)
Features Analysis and Opinion
- BARRY LEVINE: The Price is right for iconic rock singer
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back - March 9, 2014
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Can love get a majority vote?
- T. GAMBLE: Just not cut out to be in this year
- RONDA RICH: Living in black and white
- KEVIN SPROUL: Springtime offers opportunity to support CPIU
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back - March 2, 2014
- KIRSTEN LUPINSKI: Bake up some fun, healthy snacks
- MANDY FLYNN: A life well lived
- T. GAMBLE: Illuminating the loss of another freedom
Latest southwest Georgia news by The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Walk a Mile in Her Shoes fundraiser approaching
- Dougherty County Jail Report - March 10, 2014
- Albany downtown manager gives brief projects update
- Bright of the Day - March 10, 2014
- Squawk of the Day - March 10, 2014
- They said it ... March 10, 2014
- Play Ball! 96-year-old former mayor throws first pitch.
- Martin Tyre brings history back to life
- The Big 10 for the week of Feb. 28 - March 7, 2014
- Albany Area Community Calendar - March 9-17, 2014
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- When did bashing a police officer become patriotic? 5 comments
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Good, good, good
- SPEAK UP!
- Dogs, family and food
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- Local man collects ten 1957 Chevys
- Police and Fire Chiefs address the media about firefighters hostage situation
- 2011 Water Festival