Warrants have been issued for Dewayne Hogan in connection with a hit-and-run accident on the 3900 block of Radium Springs Road, police officials say.
The Albany Police Department’s Criminal Investigative Bureau is seeking help from the community in locating Kizzie Lashay Coleman, 21. Coleman is sought for an assault on her sisters, Latasha and Shonta Coleman, officials say.
For more brights, pick up a copy of today's Herald.
The founding of Fredericksburg, Texas, came about in 1846 owing to German influence, and you may still hear Texas German-a dialect spoken by the original settlers — in the streets.
When Peggy Sue went away, just fell off the face of the earth with no warning or even a holler, we all wondered where she had gone.
Things you notice — and other thoughts that pop into your head — while riding alone on the pleasantly solitary back roads between Southwest Georgia and Florida’s Gulf Coast, listening to some old Dylan....
There will be an event on Capitol Hill this week that will tell us a lot about the future of comprehensive immigration reform.
A proposal by the city of Albany would make millions of dollars available to encentivize job growth in the community.
Herbert E. Phipps, presiding judge of the Georgia Court of Appeals, will take an even bigger role with the court next month.
Albany police respond to 41 incidents.
For more squawks, pick up a copy of today's Herald.
An 18-foot, 8-inch Burmese python set a record for the longest snake ever captured in South Florida, where the exotic species has taken up residence.
Presiding Judge Herbert E. Phipps, of Albany, will be sworn in to his new position on June 25.
The State Department of Education on Tuesday released Georgia's most recent public high school cohort graduation rates, which included a surprise locally.
Pit bull owners will have more restrictions placed on their animals under a proposed new city ordinance.
Albany City Commissioners plan to convene the city's Citizens Advisory Committee to discuss a new dangerous dog ordinance that would come with more enforcement teeth.
- Majesty of Albany Theatre endures 26 comments
- The Big 10: May 10-17, 2013
- VIDEO: Deer crashes into bus, runs around wildly 1 comment
- Albany Museum of Art unveils newly-renovated spaces (WITH VIDEO)
- UPDATE: Edwards to move forward with Phillips' prosecution 15 comments
- Sasser venue to host country star Cagle 3 comments
- Local artists nominated for GA Music Award
- UBL set to unleash debut album
- VIDEO: Astronaut does cover of Bowie's 'Space Oddity' from space
- Jolie undergoes preventative double Mastectomy 15 comments
Features Analysis and Opinion
- Fredericksburg makes you feel at home
- Triumph can turn to tragedy
- Not it when it comes to ‘not it’
- Keep kids healthy over the summer
- Looking Back - May 19, 2013
- AKAs bring youth ensemble to Albany 1 comment
- Praying women attacked ay Western Wall
- Possum gave country music meaning
- Be careful what you ingest in mind, body
- Motherhood, new respect for different moms
- Driver charged with hit-and-run accident
- Police look for assault suspect
- Bright of the Day - May 22, 2013
- Job creation fund one step from approval
- Police/Fire/EMS - May 22, 2013
- Squawk of the Day - May 22, 2013
- Phipps named chief appeals judge 2 comments
- Terrell leads Albany area schools in cohort graduation rates 2 comments
- Albany to give dog ordinance more bite 4 comments
- City settles with Albany Heights owners 13 comments
- Standard & Poor's bumps up SYNOVUS credit rating
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- New Waffle House going up near Darton 5 comments
- MUTED: New law could end annoying TV commercial blaring 1 comment
- Want a pricey cup o' Java? Bring in the elephants
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Some people take voting just a bit too seriously 1 comment
- Barack Obama was born in Kenya! (And so was Mitt Romney) no kidding...
- The world will not end no matter what happens with this election 1 comment
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Police and Fire Chiefs address the media about firefighters hostage situation
- JB Test Video 2
- Herald Test Vid May