Stella M. Johnson, 93, of Camilla, died Thursday, May 23, 2013.
Thelma Wallace , 66, of,Camilla, died, Tuesday, May 21, 2013.
Albany-based Mauldin & Jenkins announced Thursday the acquisition of a Chattanooga firm, boosting their footprint throughout the Southeast.
Albany officials hope a good mix of high-speed bike racing, live music and good food will make for a memorable Memorial Day weekend.
As officials in one Georgia county continue to clean up the legal mess caused with a non-U.S. citizen somehow ended up on a grand jury and issued indictments on more than 100 cases, local authorities say they believe enough safe guards are in place to thwart most from being able to sit on grand or trial juries.
The staff at Marine Corps Logistics Base Albany and Marine Corps Logistics Command are allowing non-essential employees to leave after a water pressure failure this morning.
The Georgia Department of Labor's April numbers show that the metro Albany unemployment rate fell to 8.6 percent in April, down from 8.9 percent in March.
Given last week’s revelation that the IRS targeted conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status, it’s worth recalling President Obama’s Ohio State University commencement address. The president decried “voices” warning “that tyranny is always lurking just around the corner.” It’s no longer lurking. It’s here.
An all too familiar scene was enacted on the campus of Swarthmore College during a meeting on May 4th to discuss demands by student activists for the college to divest itself of its investments in companies that dealt in fossil fuels.
Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you that there are a few things that brand me, which include my affinities for great teaching and learning, good food, fashion and travel. In fact, my emphatic conviction that fashion is a channel for individuality and a very common form of self expression would lead one to question why I would vie for high school students in the local public school system to wear uniforms.
Get a copy of the Friday Albany Herald to read about positive things going on in metro Albany.
Pick up a copy of the Friday Albany Herald to find out what everyone's squawking about.
A Dawson man faces a charge of marijuana possession with intent to distribute.
These are calls answered by Dougherty County and Albany public safety agencies Tuesday and early Wednesday,
B.J. Upton isn't exactly living up to the expectations that came along with his $75.25 million contract, but he is asking people not to give up on him just yet.
- Majesty of Albany Theatre endures 26 comments
- The Big 10: May 10-17, 2013
- VIDEO: Deer crashes into bus, runs around wildly 1 comment
- Albany Museum of Art unveils newly-renovated spaces (WITH VIDEO)
- UPDATE: Edwards to move forward with Phillips' prosecution 15 comments
- Sasser venue to host country star Cagle 3 comments
- Local artists nominated for GA Music Award
- UBL set to unleash debut album
- VIDEO: Astronaut does cover of Bowie's 'Space Oddity' from space
- Jolie undergoes preventative double Mastectomy 15 comments
Features Analysis and Opinion
- Common man’s buying guide
- Fredericksburg makes you feel at home
- Triumph can turn to tragedy
- Not it when it comes to ‘not it’
- Keep kids healthy over the summer
- Looking Back - May 19, 2013
- AKAs bring youth ensemble to Albany 1 comment
- Praying women attacked ay Western Wall
- Possum gave country music meaning
- Be careful what you ingest in mind, body
- Former Lee County resident charged with unemployment fraud
- Mauldin & Jenkins acquires Chattanooga company
- Hundreds set to race downtown Saturday
- Could a non-citizen end up indicting Americans? 2 comments
- UPDATE: MCLB water main break to cost $1 million plus 7 comments
- Albany unemployment rate continues downward march 2 comments
- Bright of the Day - May 23, 2013 2 comments
- Squawk of the Day - May 23, 2013 5 comments
- Dawson police arrest one on marijuana charge 2 comments
- Police, Fire and EMS Reports - May 23, 2013
- Standard & Poor's bumps up SYNOVUS credit rating
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- New Waffle House going up near Darton 5 comments
- MUTED: New law could end annoying TV commercial blaring 1 comment
- Want a pricey cup o' Java? Bring in the elephants
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Some people take voting just a bit too seriously 1 comment
- Barack Obama was born in Kenya! (And so was Mitt Romney) no kidding...
- The world will not end no matter what happens with this election 1 comment
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Police and Fire Chiefs address the media about firefighters hostage situation
- JB Test Video 2
- Herald Test Vid May