James J. Ligon, Jr. of Altamonte Springs, FL, formerly of Memphis, TN died May 16, 2013.
Thelma Wallace of Camilla, GA, died May 21, 2013.
Sarah Griffith Lyons Cox, 79 of Albany died May 20, 2013.
Charlie L. Merritt, 58, died May 21, 2013.
No increase in H1-B visas could occur if the unemployment rate in a particular profession is above 4.5 percent.
Albany Ventures LLC agrees to turn over the deed of the Albany Heights property and $110,000 in lieu of foreclosure.
These are headlines from around the state.
The Tift County Sheriff's Office and the Mid-South Narcotics Task Force have seized possible drug storage equipment and $121,000 in cash at a Tifton residence.
Pre-dawn emergency workers searched feverishly for survivors in the rubble of homes, primary schools and an hospital in an Oklahoma City suburb ravaged by a massive Monday afternoon tornado feared to have killed up to 91 people and injured well over 200 residents.
Former Lee County golf star and Herald Player of the Year Nate Gahman of GSW scrambles on the back nine after a rough front to shoot par and sits tied for ninth after Day 1 of the NCAA Division II Men’s Golf Championship in Hershey, Pa.
After 12 seasons in Athens — and one stinker of a season in 2013 — David Perno is allowed to resign by Georgia, which was planning to fire its longtime coach.
Atlanta scores four runs in the top of the first — thanks to Dan Uggla’s eighth homer of the season — and never looks back en route to an easy 5-1 victory against the struggling Minnesota Twins.
The Albany Police Department responded to an aggravated assault early Sunday morning, police reports show.
Officials at the Southwest Georgia Regional Airport hope to get a certificate of occupancy for a new terminal by June 2.
Crisp County High School’s amazing baseball season comes to a heartbreaking end in the GHSA Class AAAA Final Four on Monday night when the Cougars are swept in a doubleheader by Marist.
- Majesty of Albany Theatre endures 26 comments
- The Big 10: May 10-17, 2013
- VIDEO: Deer crashes into bus, runs around wildly 1 comment
- Albany Museum of Art unveils newly-renovated spaces (WITH VIDEO)
- UPDATE: Edwards to move forward with Phillips' prosecution 15 comments
- Sasser venue to host country star Cagle 3 comments
- Local artists nominated for GA Music Award
- UBL set to unleash debut album
- VIDEO: Astronaut does cover of Bowie's 'Space Oddity' from space
- Jolie undergoes preventative double Mastectomy 15 comments
Features Analysis and Opinion
- Fredericksburg makes you feel at home
- Triumph can turn to tragedy
- Not it when it comes to ‘not it’
- Keep kids healthy over the summer
- Looking Back - May 19, 2013
- AKAs bring youth ensemble to Albany 1 comment
- Praying women attacked ay Western Wall
- Possum gave country music meaning
- Be careful what you ingest in mind, body
- Motherhood, new respect for different moms
- Sherrod, others meeting with AG over Baker County School Board
- Driver charged with hit-and-run accident
- Police look for assault suspect
- Bright of the Day - May 22, 2013 1 comment
- Job creation fund one step from approval 1 comment
- Police/Fire/EMS - May 22, 2013
- Squawk of the Day - May 22, 2013 10 comments
- Phipps named chief appeals judge 2 comments
- Terrell leads Albany area schools in cohort graduation rates 4 comments
- Albany to give dog ordinance more bite 13 comments
- Standard & Poor's bumps up SYNOVUS credit rating
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- New Waffle House going up near Darton 5 comments
- MUTED: New law could end annoying TV commercial blaring 1 comment
- Want a pricey cup o' Java? Bring in the elephants
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Some people take voting just a bit too seriously 1 comment
- Barack Obama was born in Kenya! (And so was Mitt Romney) no kidding...
- The world will not end no matter what happens with this election 1 comment
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Police and Fire Chiefs address the media about firefighters hostage situation
- JB Test Video 2
- Herald Test Vid May