Phoebe Putney finishes first year in new DNV accreditation program
Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital recently completed its first year in a new accreditation program with good results.
Temperatures, rainfall, and sun and moon information for the Albany area
Temperatures, rainfall, and sun and moon information for the Albany area.
Time growing short as noon Friday deadline for qualifying draws near
Seven more enter crowded primary field. Time growing short as noon Friday deadline for qualifying draws near.
Native plants can add beauty, distinctiveness and a sense of place to our gardens.
The following is a list of events happening in the area this week.
OPINION: TV reporter, writer lived a compelling life to the end
Getting to know journalist Ed Lightsey proves that misguided first impressions aren’t always the best.
Get a copy of The Albany Herald to see what everyone is squawking about.
Public safety roundup for Albany and Dougherty County
The Albany Police Department responded to at least 22 incidents on Monday and the early hours of Tuesday, available reports show.
Albany’s Megan’s House plans for a larger respite home
Megan’s House, a respite home of Easter Seals Southern Georgia, celebrates it’s first decade.
SHERIFF’S COLUMN: Springtime is in the air!
Spring or springtime is the season for renewal, rejuvenation, and resurrection. It is also the time of year for many people to get out and begin enjoying several months of outdoor recreation.
City officials insist they plan to give all city employees salary uptick
An Albany City Commission vote to increase City Manager James Taylor’s pay by $15,000 is drawing the ire of city employees.
CPA firm says audit report for Albany has no findings or compliance violations
Financial transactions in FY 2013 decreased the city of Albany’s fund balance by more than $7.77 million.
Rotary Club members hear about the federal health care act
Representatives of Albany Area Primary Health Care speak to Rotary Club members about the Affordable Health Care Act.
Albany’s International House of Pancakes participates in National Pancake Day fundraiser
Albany’s International House of Pancakes (IHOP) joined other locations nationwide in participating in the National Pancake Day fundraiser to generate awareness and donations for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
A crowd of more than 150 gathered at Albany’s Hilton Garden Inn to express concerns about a natural gas pipeline proposed to go through Dougherty County.
- Twin Oaks presents HONK! Jr., The Ugly Duckling Musical (PHOTO GALLERY)
- 'Vagina Monologues' set at Albany State University
- 'Into the Woods' opens Friday night at Lee County High School
- Ellen's Oscar 'selfie' crashes Twitter, breaks record
- OSCAR WRAPUP: '12 Years A Slave' makes history with best picture
- Pale metallics, bold jewel tones dominate Oscars Red Carpet
- And the Oscar goes to ...
- CELEBRITY WATCH: Phillip Phillips and Luke Bryan releasing new songs; Paula Deen continues comeback
- Thousands enjoy Mardi Gras in downtown Albany (VIDEOS and PHOTO GALLERY)
- Dogs take a walk at Albany Mardi Gras (VIDEO and PHOTO GALLERY)
Features Analysis and Opinion
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Can love get a majority vote?
- T. GAMBLE: Just not cut out to be in this year
- RONDA RICH: Living in black and white
- KEVIN SPROUL: Springtime offers opportunity to support CPIU
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back - March 2, 2014
- KIRSTEN LUPINSKI: Bake up some fun, healthy snacks
- MANDY FLYNN: A life well lived
- T. GAMBLE: Illuminating the loss of another freedom
- BARRY LEVINE: Sinatra a classic for all time
- MANDY FLYNN: Squirrel drops in for an unwelcome visit
Latest southwest Georgia news by The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Fugitive sought by Albany drug agents
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - March 9, 2014
- Pecan City Pedalers excited about BMX track changes
- Albany Area Crime Stoppers Most Wanted Fugitive - March 8, 2014
- Squawk of the Day - March 8, 2014
- Albany-Dougherty Police/Fire/EMS reports - March 8, 2014
- Bright of the Day - March 8, 2014
- Dog dispute in Lee County heads to Superior Court
- Metro Albany Winn-Dixies to convert into Harveys supermarkets
- Foreign scammers active in Albany area
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- When did bashing a police officer become patriotic? 5 comments
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Good, good, good
- SPEAK UP!
- Dogs, family and food
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- Local man collects ten 1957 Chevys
- Police and Fire Chiefs address the media about firefighters hostage situation
- 2011 Water Festival