Funny thing about the early, early days of rock ‘n’ roll. Some of the biggest hits had highly unusual histories.
Event set Tuesday and Wednesday at Albany State University
The Teen Maze is a large, interactive life simulation where students are shown the positive and negative consequences of their behavior and life choices.
Sickle cell disease affects about 100,000 Americans
Patients can be admitted to the outpatient unit from either the emergency center or the Sickle Cell Clinic. Each of these locations will follow the same guidelines for admission to the unit. The patient will be assessed by our well trained clinical staff and then sent to the unit to receive pain treatment.
Proceeds from the Friday night event will help fund scholarships
Some friendly, good-humored barbs will be tossed T. Marshall Jones’ way on Friday at a fundraiser for scholarships at Albany Technical College.
The residence is located in southern Lee County at 157 Susina Drive.
The Daffodil Garden Club each month selects an attractive yard for recognition.
Aspire services in Albany helps patients with mental and behavioral disabilities
The Albany Area Community Service Board gets a new, more descriptive name.
Lunch, meditation part of Wednersday programs during Lent season
Albany Episcopal churches are planning lunch and meditation programs during the Wednesdays of Lent.
Get a copy of The Albany Herald to see what everyone is squawking about.
Get a copy of The Albany Herald to read about the Bright Side of life.
The 17th annual Sigma Gamma Rho symposium was presented at Albany State University
The sessions addressed topics of concern to today’s youth, including healthy lifestyles, unwanted pregnancy and bullying.
Chehaw opens spring early with interactive acitivies
Chehaw got folks outdoors Saturday with a host of interactive activities for patrons throughout the day.
Unification of Albany and Dougherty County could be an issue during the elections this year
Some Dougherty County officials are starting to talk about consolidation of the Albany and Dougherty governments again.
Notes, names and news from around the DCSS
Dougherty County School System Education Notebook. Notes, names and news from around the DCSS.
Carlton Alfonzo Miller is wanted on more than 20 charges, including drug and aggravated assault
Albany-Dougherty Drug Unit is asking the public to help locate Carlton Alfonzo Miller, but say caution should be used if contact is made with him.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty, Lee and Worth Environmental Health Offices March 4 through March 6.
- Twin Oaks presents HONK! Jr., The Ugly Duckling Musical (PHOTO GALLERY)
- 'Vagina Monologues' set at Albany State University
- 'Into the Woods' opens Friday night at Lee County High School
- Ellen's Oscar 'selfie' crashes Twitter, breaks record
- OSCAR WRAPUP: '12 Years A Slave' makes history with best picture
- Pale metallics, bold jewel tones dominate Oscars Red Carpet
- And the Oscar goes to ...
- CELEBRITY WATCH: Phillip Phillips and Luke Bryan releasing new songs; Paula Deen continues comeback
- Thousands enjoy Mardi Gras in downtown Albany (VIDEOS and PHOTO GALLERY)
- Dogs take a walk at Albany Mardi Gras (VIDEO and PHOTO GALLERY)
Features Analysis and Opinion
- T. GAMBLE: Congress carves the Ten Amendments
- LORAN SMITH: Saltine crackers go with everything
- RONDA RICH: A suitcase full of dreams
- BARRY LEVINE: The Price is right for iconic rock singer
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back - March 9, 2014
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Can love get a majority vote?
- T. GAMBLE: Just not cut out to be in this year
- RONDA RICH: Living in black and white
- KEVIN SPROUL: Springtime offers opportunity to support CPIU
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back - March 2, 2014
Latest southwest Georgia news by The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Albany-Dougherty Police/Fire/EMS reports - March 13, 2014
- Squawk of the Day - March 13, 2014
- Bright of the Day - March 13, 2014
- Albany Mayor Dorothy Hubbard selected Mayor of the Year by Atlanta group
- Albany death investigation to remain inactive
- Albany Almanac - March 13, 2014
- Albany Symphony has Family Concert on Friday
- Calhoun County releases list of school superintendent finalists
- Rabbitman Footwear proprietor Johnny L. Williams proposes lease of skate park property
- Dougherty County School System moves a step closer to hiring permanent superintendent
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- When did bashing a police officer become patriotic? 5 comments
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Good, good, good
- SPEAK UP!
- Dogs, family and food
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- Local man collects ten 1957 Chevys
- Police and Fire Chiefs address the media about firefighters hostage situation
- 2011 Water Festival