The Dougherty School Board adopts the Charter School Option as its School System Flexibilty Model
Dougherty School System officials say this is the school district’s first major textbook purchase in nearly a decade and a half.
The musical fairy tale will be performed at the Albany Municipal Auditorium
Seventy-nine Deerfield Windsor students create “Shrek the Musical” for three performances this weekend at the Albany Municipal Auditorium.
Darton State College’s RN to BSN Completion program was recently granted another accreditation.
U.S. Supreme Court divided on rationale for rejecting challenge to Michigan law against racial preferences at universities
The high court rules 6-2 that a law against using racial preferences for university admissions is constitutional
The court made it clear it was not deciding the larger and divisive question of whether affirmative action admission policies can be lawful.
ATC horiculture students plant a third tree in front of the Nathaniel Cross Health Care Technology Building
ATC also celebrates another year of being named a Tree Campus USA
Dougherty schools show improvement in 2013 CCRPI results
A roundup of news from the Albany State University campus
An ASU business student places in elevator pitch competition, students are recognized for academic excellence and new online courses are now available.
News and notes from around the DCSS
Dougherty County School System Notebook
News briefs from the Albany area
The unexpected loss of $2.6 in equalization funding complicates adding instruction days and eliminating furloughs
Elimination of four furlough days for Dougherty County School System staff would cost $2 million.
The county’s Teacher of the Year will be announced at a banquet Thursday
Sandra Masters is one of eight finalists for Dougherty County Teacher of the Year.
The Sherwood Acres teacher is a finalist for the county's top teacher award
Dougherty County’s Teacher of the year to be named at a banquet Thursday at the Hilton Garden Inn.
Dougherty Teacher of the Year finalist Tracey Wingfield believes greatness lies within all students (Video)
She is among eight finalists for Dougherty County’s 2014-15 Teacher of the Year
Dougherty County’s 2014-15 Teacher of the Year to be named Thursday.
Dougherty High School educator in running for county’s Teacher of the Year
Dougherty County’s 2014-15 Teacher of the Year to be announced at a banquet Thursday.
Dougherty Teacher of the Year will be named at a banquet Thursday at Hilton Garden Inn
Dougherty Teacher of Year finalist Lewis-Polite always wanted to be a teacher
- Georgia Board of Regents hikes tuition 2.5 percent at most state schools
- Mosely named Dougherty County Schools permanent superintendent
- UGA President urges students to give back and serve their communities
- Georgia General Assembly’s final FY2015 budget includes money for Darton State College
- Georgia Board of Regents votes to make state’s college campuses tobacco-free
- Americus board concerned suit may impact accreditation
- Dougherty County School System moves a step closer to hiring permanent superintendent
- Albany State, Darton State and Albany Tech to take aim at county's dropout rate
- Critics of state health plan take message to Capitol
- Dougherty School Board OKs grade-changing settlement between Kevin Fretwell and the district
Southwest Georgia political news from The Albany Herald newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- David Brokamp says servant's heart led him to Lee County School Board race
- Gov. Nathan Deal signs SB 349 into law at the Southwest Georgia Regional Airport (Video)
- Sen. Saxby Chambliss looking to next stage of life (Video)
- Three seeking county commission seats in Lee County
- Medical marijuana bill passes Georgia House
- Georgia Supreme Court to hear appeal in Baker County School Board case
- Immigration may be next up for U.S. House
- Southwest Georgia congressional delegation mixed on reactions to State of the Union address (VIDEOS)
- Jeff Sinyard will not seek re-election to Dougherty County Commission chairmanship
- U.S. Rep. Jack Kingston rebuts perk claim
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Southwest Georgia Regional Airport wins national training award
- Albany Sign Task Force readies recommendations for Planning Commission
- They Said It… April 13, 2014
- Lee County Commission mulls rezoning for concrete plant
- Albany City Commissioner B.J. Fletcher: Tax owners of dilapidated properties
- Officials ponder SPLOST reallocation to improve county fire rating
- The Big 10 - March 21-28, 2014
- Leadership Lee grads hear from existing leaders (Video)
- Lack of funds hampers fire improvements in Lee County
- Albany/Dougherty Planning Director: Addressing could be matter of life or death
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment