Good news from around the DCSS
Dougherty County School System Notebook. Good news from around the DCSS.
Girl Talk’s Project Inside Out camp is coming to Deerfield-Windsor Lower School campus.
A Dougherty County service club teams with Lee County achools
The Dougherty County Rotary Club, Lee County schools and other volunteers help African students get an education.
Deerfield-Windsor’s’s Amy Rao, Janet Guillebeau selected as 2014 STAR Student and Teacher
Dougherty County’s STAR Student, Teacher are named. Deerfield-Windsor’s’s Amy Rao, Janet Guillebeau selected as 2014 STAR Student and Teacher
Darton interim chief says internal changes necessary for growth
Darton State College interim President Paul Jones alludes to major changes to the college’s infrastructure in the coming months while addressing a local civic group.
The three Game Ball winners for January were Tammy Holton at Westover High School, Jasmine Dixon at Albany Middle School and West Town Elementary’s Chassidy Vaughn.
Butch Mosely recognizes three of the Dougherty County School System’s best teachers. The three Game Ball winners for January were Tammy Holton at Westover High School, Jasmine Dixon at Albany Middle School and West Town Elementary’s Chassidy Vaughn.
Johnson is running for District 4 School Board seat currently held by Carol Tharin, who is not seeking reelection
Aaron Johnson announces run for Dougherty County School Board seat. Johnson is running for District 4 School Board seat currently held by Carol Tharin, who is not seeking reelection
BOE to hold face-to-face with Colquitt County School Superintendent Sam DePaul
Dougherty County School Board to interview superintendent candidate today. BOE to hold face-to-face with Colquitt County School Superintendent Sam DePaul
Albany Tech's LPN program ranked No. 8
Scottish Rite will conduct its annual pancake breakfast on Saturday at Dougherty Lodge No. 591, 1900 Palmyra Road.
The 2013 Dodge Chargers will cost $21,000 each and be paid for with SPLOST funds
Dougherty County School Board OKs purchase of 12 new police vehicles. The 2013 Dodge Chargers will cost $21,000 each and be paid for with SPLOST funds.
Two Baker County women contend the chair of the School Board is ineligible to hold the office
Last year, a Superior Court judge denied an attempt by Nettie Lilly and Janet Anderson to have Baker County School Board Chair Sharon Heard removed from office. The case will be heard Monday in oral arguments before the Georgia Supreme Court.
If approved by the voters, the bulk of the money would be used to upgrade athletic facilities at Lee County High School
The call for the bond vote follows the recinding of a request for local legislation that would have created a school building authority, with Lee County School Board members serving as authority members, that would have been empowered to enter bond agreements without voters’ consent.
The Lee County education icon has spent more than 56 years as either a school board member or the superintendent
Robert Clay won’t seek re-election to Lee County School Board. At age 86, he has spent 56 years in the education field as the school system chief or a member of the board.
Allison Goddard, a homeschooled student, is the American Legion Georgia District II Oratory Contest winner
Allison Goddard will represent Albany Post 30 in the Area II district competition today
Allison Goddard is American Legion Georgia District II Oratory Contest winner. She will represent Albany Post 30 in the Area II competition this afternoon at Darton State College.
Good news and notes from around the DCSS
Dougherty County School System Notebook. Good news and notes from around the DCSS
- Albany State, Darton State and Albany Tech to take aim at county's dropout rate
- Critics of state health plan take message to Capitol
- Dougherty School Board OKs grade-changing settlement between Kevin Fretwell and the district
- State school chief hopeful Allen Fort brings campaign to Albany
- Educators pleased with Gov. Deal’s proposed FY2015 Budget
- Darton State, Darton Foundation respond to findings of audit (REPORT ATTACHED)
- Georgia ranks 17th nationally in K-12 achievement
- State Rep. Ed Rynders predicts state budget surplus
- Gov. Nathan Deal speaks to Darton graduates
- Governor to speak at Darton graduation
Southwest Georgia political news from The Albany Herald newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Three seeking county commission seats in Lee County
- Medical marijuana bill passes Georgia House
- Georgia Supreme Court to hear appeal in Baker County School Board case
- Immigration may be next up for U.S. House
- Southwest Georgia congressional delegation mixed on reactions to State of the Union address (VIDEOS)
- Jeff Sinyard will not seek re-election to Dougherty County Commission chairmanship
- U.S. Rep. Jack Kingston rebuts perk claim
- Col. Allen West to speak at Lincoln Day event in Lee County
- U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop has successful battle with cancer
- Southwest Georgians named in Georgia Trend as among 100 most influential Georgians
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Dog dispute in Lee County heads to Superior Court
- City of Albany’s Fiscal Year 2013 audit report a good-news, bad-news mix
- Medical marijuana bill passes Georgia House
- Dougherty County police, fire studies show limited viable options
- Albany City Commission decides to table pit bulldog ordinance
- Albany City Commission must tackle a number of key issues in 2014
- Jeff Sinyard: Coming changes cannot detract from County Commission's focus
- Dougherty County community tennis center part of mega sports park plan
- Auction of four city of Albany properties brings in $566,000, pending commission approval
- Task force convenes to discuss Albany sign ordinance
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment