Individuals can reserve a spot at the table for meals that are unique to Albany
The Albany Technical College Culinary Arts School is now sharing its tasty creations with the public every Thursday.
Notes and news from around the DCSS
Dougherty County School System Notebook. Notes and news from around the DCSS
Sophomore from Lyons wants to become a veterinarian
After graduation in May, Oliver plans to attend the University of Georgia to complete her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine, and hopes to one day own a veterinary clinic.
Spicer has served as interim dean since October 2012.
Effective April 1, Spicer will assume the role of Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College.
Some notes and news from around the DCSS.
Dougherty County School System Notebook. Some notes and news from around the DCSS.
The surprise inclusion of $678,990 will be used to fund HVAC improvements in Darton’s student center.
The Georgia General Assembly’s final FY2015 budget includes money for Darton State College. The surprise inclusion of $678,990 will be used to fund HVAC improvements in Darton’s student center.
Several Dougherty students recently participated in a job shadoning event
BOE will decide between Butch Mosely and Samuel DePaul.
Dougherty County School Board names two superintendent finalists. BOE will decide between Butch Mosely and Samuel DePaul.
Worth County High Prinicipal Russ Chesser among final three candidates
Calhoun County releases list of school superintendent finalists. Worth County High Prinicipal Russ Chesser among final three candidates
Colquitt County school chief Sam DePaul, DCSS interim Butch Mosely appear to be at the top of the list.
Dougherty County School System moves a step closer to hiring permanent superintendent. Colquitt County school chief Sam DePaul, DCSS interim Butch Mosely appear to be at the top of the list.
A TABLE WITH A VIEW: Music has taken T. Marshall Jones to places he had never dreamed of seeing
A grandmother’s wisdom, a family’s love and a first guitar at age 5 set T. Marshall Jones on a successful life and career path that he has found to be fulfilling.
Improving finances allows the district to do away with four remaining days off
Dougherty School Board approves tentative 2014-15 calendar which eliminates furlough days. Improving finances allows the district to do away with four remaining days off, officials said.
After nearly 22 years at ASU, Bynum will joining The College of Saint Rose in Albany, N.Y. in July
Leroy Bynum Leaving Albany State University for position in New York. After nearly 22 years at ASU, Bynum will joining The College of Saint Rose in Albany, N.Y. in July
Proceeds from the Friday night event will help fund scholarships
Some friendly, good-humored barbs will be tossed T. Marshall Jones’ way on Friday at a fundraiser for scholarships at Albany Technical College.
The 17th annual Sigma Gamma Rho symposium was presented at Albany State University
The sessions addressed topics of concern to today’s youth, including healthy lifestyles, unwanted pregnancy and bullying.
- Georgia Board of Regents hikes tuition 2.5 percent at most state schools
- Mosely named Dougherty County Schools permanent superintendent
- UGA President urges students to give back and serve their communities
- Georgia General Assembly’s final FY2015 budget includes money for Darton State College
- Georgia Board of Regents votes to make state’s college campuses tobacco-free
- Americus board concerned suit may impact accreditation
- Dougherty County School System moves a step closer to hiring permanent superintendent
- Albany State, Darton State and Albany Tech to take aim at county's dropout rate
- Critics of state health plan take message to Capitol
- Dougherty School Board OKs grade-changing settlement between Kevin Fretwell and the district
Southwest Georgia political news from The Albany Herald newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- David Brokamp says servant's heart led him to Lee County School Board race
- Gov. Nathan Deal signs SB 349 into law at the Southwest Georgia Regional Airport (Video)
- Sen. Saxby Chambliss looking to next stage of life (Video)
- Three seeking county commission seats in Lee County
- Medical marijuana bill passes Georgia House
- Georgia Supreme Court to hear appeal in Baker County School Board case
- Immigration may be next up for U.S. House
- Southwest Georgia congressional delegation mixed on reactions to State of the Union address (VIDEOS)
- Jeff Sinyard will not seek re-election to Dougherty County Commission chairmanship
- U.S. Rep. Jack Kingston rebuts perk claim
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Southwest Georgia Regional Airport wins national training award
- Albany Sign Task Force readies recommendations for Planning Commission
- They Said It… April 13, 2014
- Lee County Commission mulls rezoning for concrete plant
- Albany City Commissioner B.J. Fletcher: Tax owners of dilapidated properties
- Officials ponder SPLOST reallocation to improve county fire rating
- The Big 10 - March 21-28, 2014
- Leadership Lee grads hear from existing leaders (Video)
- Lack of funds hampers fire improvements in Lee County
- Albany/Dougherty Planning Director: Addressing could be matter of life or death
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment