The three Game Ball winners for January were Tammy Holton at Westover High School, Jasmine Dixon at Albany Middle School and West Town Elementary’s Chassidy Vaughn.
Butch Mosely recognizes three of the Dougherty County School System’s best teachers. The three Game Ball winners for January were Tammy Holton at Westover High School, Jasmine Dixon at Albany Middle School and West Town Elementary’s Chassidy Vaughn.
Johnson is running for District 4 School Board seat currently held by Carol Tharin, who is not seeking reelection
Aaron Johnson announces run for Dougherty County School Board seat. Johnson is running for District 4 School Board seat currently held by Carol Tharin, who is not seeking reelection
BOE to hold face-to-face with Colquitt County School Superintendent Sam DePaul
Dougherty County School Board to interview superintendent candidate today. BOE to hold face-to-face with Colquitt County School Superintendent Sam DePaul
Albany Tech's LPN program ranked No. 8
Scottish Rite will conduct its annual pancake breakfast on Saturday at Dougherty Lodge No. 591, 1900 Palmyra Road.
The 2013 Dodge Chargers will cost $21,000 each and be paid for with SPLOST funds
Dougherty County School Board OKs purchase of 12 new police vehicles. The 2013 Dodge Chargers will cost $21,000 each and be paid for with SPLOST funds.
Two Baker County women contend the chair of the School Board is ineligible to hold the office
Last year, a Superior Court judge denied an attempt by Nettie Lilly and Janet Anderson to have Baker County School Board Chair Sharon Heard removed from office. The case will be heard Monday in oral arguments before the Georgia Supreme Court.
If approved by the voters, the bulk of the money would be used to upgrade athletic facilities at Lee County High School
The call for the bond vote follows the recinding of a request for local legislation that would have created a school building authority, with Lee County School Board members serving as authority members, that would have been empowered to enter bond agreements without voters’ consent.
The Lee County education icon has spent more than 56 years as either a school board member or the superintendent
Robert Clay won’t seek re-election to Lee County School Board. At age 86, he has spent 56 years in the education field as the school system chief or a member of the board.
Allison Goddard, a homeschooled student, is the American Legion Georgia District II Oratory Contest winner
Allison Goddard will represent Albany Post 30 in the Area II district competition today
Allison Goddard is American Legion Georgia District II Oratory Contest winner. She will represent Albany Post 30 in the Area II competition this afternoon at Darton State College.
Good news and notes from around the DCSS
Dougherty County School System Notebook. Good news and notes from around the DCSS
OUTLOOK 2014: The area's leaders of higher education to collaborate on improving learning in the region and stanching Dougherty County’s drop out rate.
Albany State, Darton State and Albany Tech to take aim at county’s drop out rate. Instututions of higher education want to improve learning in the region.
OUTLOOK 2014: Sherwood will consolidate Upper and Lower school campuses, launch major capital projects
Deerfield-Windsor celebrates 50th Anniversary; Sherwood Academy undergoes major transformation, consolidationg its Upper and Lower campuses.
OUTLOOK 2014: A refurbished Dougherty High School set to reopen in August of next year
Dougherty High renovations ongoing, Lee County looking to athletics facilities upgrades
Allison Goddard, a homeschooled students, is the American Legion Georgia District II Oratory Contest winner
Allison Goddard will represent Albany Post 30 in the Area II district competition Sunday
Allison Goddard is American Legion Georgia District II Oratory Contest winner. She will represent Albany Post 30 in the Area II competition Sunday afternoon at Darton State College.
The contest is conducted in connection with National Engineers Week
The competition is open to all high- and middle-school students. Schools may enter several teams.
- Georgia Board of Regents hikes tuition 2.5 percent at most state schools
- Mosely named Dougherty County Schools permanent superintendent
- UGA President urges students to give back and serve their communities
- Georgia General Assembly’s final FY2015 budget includes money for Darton State College
- Georgia Board of Regents votes to make state’s college campuses tobacco-free
- Americus board concerned suit may impact accreditation
- Dougherty County School System moves a step closer to hiring permanent superintendent
- Albany State, Darton State and Albany Tech to take aim at county's dropout rate
- Critics of state health plan take message to Capitol
- Dougherty School Board OKs grade-changing settlement between Kevin Fretwell and the district
Southwest Georgia political news from The Albany Herald newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Gov. Nathan Deal signs SB 349 into law at the Southwest Georgia Regional Airport (Video)
- Sen. Saxby Chambliss looking to next stage of life (Video)
- Three seeking county commission seats in Lee County
- Medical marijuana bill passes Georgia House
- Georgia Supreme Court to hear appeal in Baker County School Board case
- Immigration may be next up for U.S. House
- Southwest Georgia congressional delegation mixed on reactions to State of the Union address (VIDEOS)
- Jeff Sinyard will not seek re-election to Dougherty County Commission chairmanship
- U.S. Rep. Jack Kingston rebuts perk claim
- Col. Allen West to speak at Lincoln Day event in Lee County
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Albany Sign Task Force readies recommendations for Planning Commission
- They Said It… April 13, 2014
- Lee County Commission mulls rezoning for concrete plant
- Albany City Commissioner B.J. Fletcher: Tax owners of dilapidated properties
- Officials ponder SPLOST reallocation to improve county fire rating
- The Big 10 - March 21-28, 2014
- Leadership Lee grads hear from existing leaders (Video)
- Lack of funds hampers fire improvements in Lee County
- Albany/Dougherty Planning Director: Addressing could be matter of life or death
- Planned Regional Youth Detention Center in Terrell County gets state funding
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment