Dougherty County commissioners discuss concerns about local-level business participation in projects
Local companies show little interest in single-bid Dougherty County project
Dougherty County commissioners discuss local participation in a county-financed project.
Collections for SPLOST V run $12 million short
The Lee County Commission approves projects for last remaining funds for SPLOST V.
Long-time employee has 40-year career with city
The Albany City Commission helps build interim City Manager Tom Berry’s “team” with the promotion of Phil Roberson.
In his third try, Dean Phinazee wins Dougherty School Board District 6 seat
After trailing in the live voting Tuesday, absentee ballots propel Darrel Ealum to the Legislature.
Reversal should bring more income to solid waste enterprise fund
The Dougherty County Commission OKs a proposal to accept out-of-county solid waste at the county’s landfill.
Postell never wavers in representation of constituents
Albany City Commissioner Tommie Postell is as feisty as ever at age 80.
Judge: Costs for juvenile offenders significantly lower with ‘evidence-based’ program
The Dougherty County Commission is expected to sign off on a $300,000 juvenile justice program.
City government paves way for new McDonald’s in west Albany
Albany City Commissioners approve a proposed design for a multimodal transportation center.
City Manager James Taylor has just resigned from his post.
James Taylor says he’s still weighing his options
Albany city commissioners will be looking for answers from City Manager James Taylor today at their work meeting.
County government approves service agreements with city of Albany
The Dougherty County Commission names new members to its Aspire and Library boards.
Thrush would be the first business to be awarded money from the fund
The decision by the city’s Long-Term Financial Planning Committee must be ratified by the Albany City Commission before it can go into effect.
The city manager says a controversial bonus was business decision
Albany City Manager James Taylor speaks out about the controversy over a $20,000 bonus paid to a city employee, adding the city commissioners who claim to be unaware of the incentives policy have not been paying attention to the five-year plan he has presented to them each year.
County official says he will not advocate for state, county funding
District 4 Dougherty County Commissioner Ewell Lyle joins Flint RiverQuarium Board of Directors.
Albany's Central Services director to head utilities commission
Thirty-three-year Albany city employee Stephen Collier takes over as interim assistant city manager for utilities.
Southwest Georgia political news from The Albany Herald newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Early votes to decide Dougherty County election races
- Darrel Ealum upsets Rep. Carol Fullerton in Georgia House 153 runoff
- Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, a Nobel Peace Prize laureate, visits Albany | VIDEO
- Recently elected Harry James prepared to move into Dougherty commission seat
- 'Third candidate' Muarlean Edwards endorses Darrel Ealum in House District 153 runoff
- Dennis Roland, Robert Usry winners in Lee County election
- U.S. Senate candidates make last pitches to area voters
- GOP Senate candidates avoid Sen. Saxby Chambliss' fiscal path in debate
- ACA likely to dominate race for insurance post
- Albany forum gives look at Democratic hopefuls
Albany and Southwest Georgia Education News
- ASU grad Scott Craft one of 100 to attend Harvard Leadership Institute
- Andrew College President David Seyle announces retirement
- Deerfield-Windsor awarded $50,000 grant from Edward E. Ford Foundation
- Brian Dougherty named Sherwood Christian Academy's new headmaster
- Twenty-seven Deerfield-Windsor School students recognized as AP Scholars
- Dougherty County School Board approves $14.6 million One-to-One Technology Initiative
- Dougherty BOE to hold unusual three-session work day Thursday
- New “Strategic Plan” being built in the Dougherty County School System
- Dougherty’s CRCT scores show upward trend from 2013
- Dougherty School Board holds first of three public hearings on property tax rates
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- County pondering Gillionville speed limit change
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Prohibition by abstention?