Electronic health records system went live within Phoebe Putney hospitals on Oct. 1
Officials said that at the beginning of the Meditech system going live, there were 1,000 calls a day coming into the around-the-clock command center at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital.
State vendor gums up vehicle registration renewal works, officials say
Vehicle registration renewal notices in the state are being delayed due to a vendor’s inability to fulfill its contractual obligation. Vehicles’ registration still must be renewed by regular deadline.
Albany City Commission to consider previously delayed purchases of equipment, materials
The Albany Utility Board voted to recommend that the Albany City Commission approve $1.6 million in purchases.
Challenger says he understands issues that impact all sectors of Albany
Businessman/mayoral candidate Lane Rosen says people throughout the city are responding to his campaign message.
Albany officials say rural telecommunications collective is set to launch
Albany City Manager Sharon Subadan notes forward movement on the rural SGRITA collective and on development of the downtown Albany Heights building.
Dougherty Commission selects chairman to be part of education initiative
Meeting a request by Dougherty County School System Superintendent Butch Mosely, the Dougherty County Commission selects its chairman, Chris Cohilas, to serve on a city/county education initiative board.
Commissioners Jon Howard, Tommie Postell returning to board unchallenged
Voter registration and address changes for the Nov. 3 Albany municipal elections ends Monday afternoon. Positions of mayor and Ward IV commisioners will be decided.
Downtown Albany fountain dormant more than four years
It may not have registered to many frequent visitors to downtown Albany until they saw and heard something different late this week. The fountain that stands in front of the Dougherty County Government Building on Pine Avenue has been turned back on.
Commission allows horses on 4.8-acre site, approval for church expansion
The Albany-Dougherty Planning Commission votes to grant a variance that will allow a family to keep horses on a 4.8-acre site and special approval for a church to expand.
Emergency, medical personnel to take part in weekend gathering
District 6 Dougherty County Commissioner Anthony Jones will host a community health fair and public safety event Saturday.
Candidate meet-and-greet part of Thursday-night campaign rally
Incumbent City Commissioner Roger Marietta will host a campaign rally/meet-and-greet.
Local politicians stop playing nice in month before municipal election
Candidate accusations and counter-accusations pop up in the final month before the Albany municipal election.
Travel study praises Albany Convention and Visitors Bureau and staff
A recent study conducted by Randall Travel Marketing indicates that while Albany and Dougherty County have a plethora of unique features and attractions making it desirable to visitors, failure to invest properly in facilities and in the downtown will hinder future tourism revenue.
Two Georgia Horse Racing Coalition execs make their pitch during an informal Albany town hall meeting
Legalizing pari-mutuel betting in Georgia, which would allow for a horse racing track to be built, has floated around the state Capitol like the fabled Lost Dutchman for nearly a decade. And, like the Dutchman, it is rarely seen, but its presence is always felt.
More than 200 show up for public hearing at Albany Civic Center
A sometimes passionate, sometimes angry crowd offers comments on the Sabal Trail pipeline at a public hearing in Albany.
Southwest Georgia political news from The Albany Herald newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Chad Warbington focused on jobs, growth, accountability
- Tracy Taylor says he's optimistic about challenge for Albany's mayor
- Dorothy Hubbard: Albany at the door of economic recovery
- Albany City Commissioner Roger Marietta plans campaign rally
- Albany candidates take off their kid gloves
- Is legalized pari-mutuel betting on horses in Georgia nearing the starting gate?
- Georgia U.S. senators blast Democrats for blocking Iran nuclear deal vote
- Lane Rosen challenging Dorothy Hubbard for Albany mayor's seat
- Postell qualifies, completes list of announced candidates
- Albany City Commission candidate Chad Warbington resigns appointed board positions
Albany and Southwest Georgia Education News
- Deerfield cuts ribbon on new Graham Lowe Family Health and Fitness Center | PHOTOS
- Firefighters present annual Kids Fire Safety Day Event | PHOTOS
- AT&T brings 'It Can Wait' Campaign to Darton State College
- Large crowd attends public hearing on charter schools in Dougherty
- Kids Fire Safety Event headed to the Albany Civic Center
- Renovated Southside Library branch set for January reopening | PHOTOS
- Albany Technical College President Anthony Parker pleased with rising graduation rate
- Dougherty High student found dead in her home late Friday
- Backpack Blessings provides food for Lee children
- Educators treated to two-day, hands on tour of Ft. Benning
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- County pondering Gillionville speed limit change
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Prohibition by abstention?