New Leadership Albany class begins program
A new crop of the Albany area’s best and brightest have begun the process of honing their leadership skills as Leadership Albany welcomed its newest class with a reception Thursday night at the Albany Museum of Art.
Mayor Dorothy Hubbard introduces new Albany leaders at economic development gathering
Albany’s new city manager, police chief and fire chief address the public at an economic development summit.
Tour included a look at Production Plant Albany
Officials at Marine Corps Logistics Base-Albany and Marine Corps Logistics Command hosted media representatives on a tour of the facilities on the installation Thursday morning.
City manager says infrastructure upgrades should be part of strategic plan
Albany Utility Board member Chad Warbington’s suggestion that surplus funds be used for a rate cut or rebates is debated by City Manager Sharon Subadan.
Subadan, Persley and Rowe to be featured at forum
Mayor Dorothy Hubbard is hosting a forum to let Albany residents learn more about City Manager Sharon Subadan, Police Chief Michael Persley and Albany Fire Chief Ron Rowe.
Sharon Subadan says others who should not have been getting benefits were cut off in December
Albany’s city manager says all ineligible individuals have had city benefits discontinued. Only city employees and elected officials are eligible, city attorney says.
Former Community and Economic Development director returns to city government
Latoya Cutts has been named the city of Albany’s new downtown manager.
Challenger for Albany mayor's seat will talk to voters at Carter's Grill event
An announced challenger in the Albany mayoral race will hold a fundraiser Saturday at Carter’s Grill.
Albany Mayor’s forum will introduce Subadan, Persley, Rowe to community
As part of her ongoing efforts to connect the community at large with the people and issues impacting the fortunes of the city, Albany Mayor Dorothy Hubbard has invited the community to come out and meet some of Albany’s newest leaders.
Lonzie White replaces Bobby McKinney who recently resigned to pursue other interests
Dougherty County Elections Board Chairman Bobby McKinney, conducting his last meeting of the body on Wednesday, thanked the members for making his brief tenure enjoyable, then stepped out of his seat to pursue other options.
Community leader wants to help local politicians with their campaigns
Bobby McKinney has decided to resign his position as chairman of the Dougherty Board of Registration and Elections to help with local political campaigns.
If finalized, the Albany Utility Board and some city services would move to the 400 block of Pine Avenue
The Albany City Commission tentatively approves $2,815,945.01 in spending to purchase, furnish and renovate former bank property on Pine Avenue for use by the city’s utility and other city offices.
Move could pave way for microbrewery on property for agriculture
The Dougherty County Commission voted 6-1 to approve a text amendment that will allow certain agribusiness and agritourism uses in districts zoned for agriculture.
Former Dougherty High principal spent a life time in public service
Commodore Conyers found dead at his home.
Utility authority can now only recommend actions to Albany City Commission
Members of the Albany Utility Board say the city manager’s interpretation of the city charter, which regulates the panel to an advisory-only capacity, makes decision-making slower.
Southwest Georgia political news from The Albany Herald newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Mayoral candidate Taylor to hold barbecue fundraiser
- Dougherty County Elections Board names Lonzie White chairman
- Bobby McKinney to step down from county Elections Board
- Qualifying dates set for Albany election
- Donald Trump at center of first Republican presidential debate | POLLS
- Georgia Sens. Isakson, Perdue blast Clean Power Plan
- Senate legislation to cut federal funds for Planned Parenthood hits roadblock
- Sen. David Perdue talks about global security and ISIS during swing through Albany
- Georgia congressional reaction to Iran nuclear deal
- Georgia delegation congressional votes - June 19-25, 2015
Albany and Southwest Georgia Education News
- Leadership Albany welcomes new class | PHOTO GALLERY
- State, Albany State University investigating Financial Aid Office
- Dougherty County School Board approves phase-out of Albany Early College
- Dougherty school system police official arrested on credit card charges
- College and Career Academy grant application process gets under way
- Dougherty County School System has modest enrollment spike after two weeks of school
- Science gets three dimenional at ABAC
- Albany Technical College, Savannah State University sign articulation agreement
- Doughtery County School Board gives Butch Mosely an excellent evaluation
- Anthony Parker asks Albany Dougherty Economic Development Commission to support college and career academy
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- County pondering Gillionville speed limit change
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Prohibition by abstention?