City Manager Sharon Subadan acknowledges further multimodal issues
Albany city commissioners get an update from Albany Police Department Chief Michael Persley during a commission work meeting.
Mayoral hopeful Henry Mathis denied civil, political rights restoration
All announced candidates for the Nov. 3 municipal election but one complete qualifying requirements on the first day.
Insurance consultant recommends 7 percent cut in county employees' premiums
Dougherty County employees, who got their first pay raise in years starting in July, are also expected to see their insurance premiums cut.
Rural telecommunications project has far-reaching impact
The time is rapidly approaching for city of Albany officials to determine whether they will continue their relationship with a federally-funded rural telecommunications project.
New Leadership Albany class begins program
A new crop of the Albany area’s best and brightest have begun the process of honing their leadership skills as Leadership Albany welcomed its newest class with a reception Thursday night at the Albany Museum of Art.
Mayor Dorothy Hubbard introduces new Albany leaders at economic development gathering
Albany’s new city manager, police chief and fire chief address the public at an economic development summit.
Tour included a look at Production Plant Albany
Officials at Marine Corps Logistics Base-Albany and Marine Corps Logistics Command hosted media representatives on a tour of the facilities on the installation Thursday morning.
City manager says infrastructure upgrades should be part of strategic plan
Albany Utility Board member Chad Warbington’s suggestion that surplus funds be used for a rate cut or rebates is debated by City Manager Sharon Subadan.
Subadan, Persley and Rowe to be featured at forum
Mayor Dorothy Hubbard is hosting a forum to let Albany residents learn more about City Manager Sharon Subadan, Police Chief Michael Persley and Albany Fire Chief Ron Rowe.
Sharon Subadan says others who should not have been getting benefits were cut off in December
Albany’s city manager says all ineligible individuals have had city benefits discontinued. Only city employees and elected officials are eligible, city attorney says.
Former Community and Economic Development director returns to city government
Latoya Cutts has been named the city of Albany’s new downtown manager.
Challenger for Albany mayor's seat will talk to voters at Carter's Grill event
An announced challenger in the Albany mayoral race will hold a fundraiser Saturday at Carter’s Grill.
Albany Mayor’s forum will introduce Subadan, Persley, Rowe to community
As part of her ongoing efforts to connect the community at large with the people and issues impacting the fortunes of the city, Albany Mayor Dorothy Hubbard has invited the community to come out and meet some of Albany’s newest leaders.
Lonzie White replaces Bobby McKinney who recently resigned to pursue other interests
Dougherty County Elections Board Chairman Bobby McKinney, conducting his last meeting of the body on Wednesday, thanked the members for making his brief tenure enjoyable, then stepped out of his seat to pursue other options.
Community leader wants to help local politicians with their campaigns
Bobby McKinney has decided to resign his position as chairman of the Dougherty Board of Registration and Elections to help with local political campaigns.
Southwest Georgia political news from The Albany Herald newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Postell qualifies, completes list of announced candidates
- Albany City Commission candidate Chad Warbington resigns appointed board positions
- Municipal candidates get early jump on qualifying
- Weeklong municipal election qualifying in Albany starts
- Georgia Political Briefs
- Mayoral candidate Taylor to hold barbecue fundraiser
- Dougherty County Elections Board names Lonzie White chairman
- Bobby McKinney to step down from county Elections Board
- Qualifying dates set for Albany election
- Donald Trump at center of first Republican presidential debate | POLLS
Albany and Southwest Georgia Education News
- ABAC performance series starts on Sept. 27
- Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle to visit Albany Technical College Thursday
- ILOGIC a different kind of community education | PHOTOS
- Sub-surface drip irrigation a possible solution for some Georgia peanut farmers
- Albany Technical College nursing program ranked No. 52 nationally
- Family Literacy Center's goal is to educate the entire family
- Marching Albany State Rams take Albany Mall shoppers by surprise | PHOTOS
- Governor's education reformers take aim at Georgia teacher pay scales
- Leadership Albany welcomes new class | PHOTO GALLERY
- State, Albany State University investigating Financial Aid Office
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- County pondering Gillionville speed limit change
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Prohibition by abstention?