An ordinance passed by the Albany City Commission is designed to give local businesses a competitive edge.
The DCSS financial director says the former superintendent did not fully understand the financial implications of a move that cost the system $300,000.
The APD recently hired 16 new officers and is looking to add more in the coming months.
MCLB-Albany has a severe drop in water pressure Thursday following the rupture of a water main.
With preliminary approval from the City Commission, Albany Fire Department officials hope to establish a rescue dive team.
The Dougherty Library Board has offered options that would allow for one of two closed library branches to reopen.
The Dougherty County Commission is considering a spending plan that includes cuts throughout.
Recommendations include the purchase of seven more new school buses and the replacement of vehicle security cameras.
The U.S. Postal Service lost $1.9 billion during the second quarter of the year.
Presiding Judge Herbert E. Phipps, of Albany, will be sworn in to his new position on June 25.
Albany Ventures LLC agrees to turn over the deed of the Albany Heights property and $110,000 in lieu of foreclosure.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty, Lee and Worth County Environmental Health Offices.
While not required by law, most law enforcement officers are prepared to administer CPR.
People, Places & Things
The Albany-Dougherty Inner City Authority is working to restore and repurpose a city landmark.
These were the most-read stories at albanyherald.com for the week of May 10-17,2013.
- Supreme court hands pharmaceutical companies major loss
- Nelson, Obama share stage
- Plan under way to help military medics
- Sherrod, Group takes Baker School Board gripes to attorney general 15 comments
- Political Storm Over IRS Targeting Scandal Shifts To U.S. Congress 5 comments
- Love entering Ward II race 28 comments
- Albany gathering documents for Justice investigation 4 comments
- FDA Approves Plan B For girls as young As 15 9 comments
- Bishop: FAA bill gives transportation head flexibility 1 comment
- Political newcomer Bobby Coleman announces candidacy for Albany City Commission 4 comments
- Former GBI agents, retired cop looking into DCSSPD operations
- Judge 'seriously concerned' about cheating prosecution
- Rookie U.S. Teachers Woefully Unprepared, Report Says
- DCSS public budget hearings sparsely attended
- BIG 10 for the week of June 7-14, 2013
- Town hall on schools has high absenteeism
- Student teachers board bus to tour DCSS summer classrooms
- DCSS plans public meetings to discuss budget
- Students sue to soften 'cruel' truancy policies
- ATC's Construction Academy lends a hand to Habitat
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- County pondering Gillionville speed limit change
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Prohibition by abstention?