James Taylor says he’s still weighing his options
Albany city commissioners will be looking for answers from City Manager James Taylor today at their work meeting.
County government approves service agreements with city of Albany
The Dougherty County Commission names new members to its Aspire and Library boards.
Thrush would be the first business to be awarded money from the fund
The decision by the city’s Long-Term Financial Planning Committee must be ratified by the Albany City Commission before it can go into effect.
The city manager says a controversial bonus was business decision
Albany City Manager James Taylor speaks out about the controversy over a $20,000 bonus paid to a city employee, adding the city commissioners who claim to be unaware of the incentives policy have not been paying attention to the five-year plan he has presented to them each year.
County official says he will not advocate for state, county funding
District 4 Dougherty County Commissioner Ewell Lyle joins Flint RiverQuarium Board of Directors.
Albany's Central Services director to head utilities commission
Thirty-three-year Albany city employee Stephen Collier takes over as interim assistant city manager for utilities.
The GM of the Albany utility is gone, and there are questions as to how long the Albany city manager will stay
Albany city officials are looking at possibilities in the event that City Manager James Taylor announces his retirement.
Albany City Manager James Taylor may be considering retirement
WG&L interim General Manager Tom Berry’s sudden retirement last week may be only the start of changes in the city of Albany government.
Increase in tax digest means higher taxes for some property owners
The Dougherty County Commission will hold three public hearings to discuss a proposed property tax increase.
Fiscal Year 2015 budget goes into effect today
Noting small changes in final budget figures, the Dougherty County Commission approved its FY 2015 budget Monday.
What happened to those we heard about?
Some have passed on, others moved on and some are still right here.
City government signs off on state lobbyist, funds for downtown attractions
Despite two votes against, the Albany City Commission approves its Fiscal Year 2015 budget.
Tom Berry say Albany politics worst he's ever seen
WG&L Commissioner Bob Hutchinson said he also is likely to resign from the board.
In a 4-3 vote, Albany city commissioners add $300,000 in support funding to the FY 2015 spending plan
Albany commissioners vote overwhelmingly to prohibit non-law enforcement city eomployees from keeping a gun on city property and in city vehicles.
A Dougherty County resident protests location of Family Dollar store adjacent to his property
The Dougherty County Commission approves a rezoning request that will allow a Family Dollar store to locate at Gillionville Road and Weymouth Drive.
Southwest Georgia political news from The Albany Herald newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Dougherty Commission candidate's online posts criticizing Israel sparks reaction | POLL
- Michelle Nunn, Sam Nunn visit Albany as part of campaign tour | VIDEO
- Early votes to decide Dougherty County election races
- Darrel Ealum upsets Rep. Carol Fullerton in Georgia House 153 runoff
- Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, a Nobel Peace Prize laureate, visits Albany | VIDEO
- Recently elected Harry James prepared to move into Dougherty commission seat
- 'Third candidate' Muarlean Edwards endorses Darrel Ealum in House District 153 runoff
- Dennis Roland, Robert Usry winners in Lee County election
- U.S. Senate candidates make last pitches to area voters
- GOP Senate candidates avoid Sen. Saxby Chambliss' fiscal path in debate
Albany and Southwest Georgia Education News
- Mamie Brosnan Elementary deconstruction bid moves to full Dougherty County School Board
- Georgia Southwestern State President Kendall Blanchard announces his retirement
- Albany Area Kitchen Inspections - Aug. 8-14, 2014
- Childhood love of 4-H leads to rewarding career
- Walmart, Albany State University announce partnership
- Four Darton State College faculty, staff members honored with NISOD Awards
- Albany State University bids farewell to Leroy Bynum | VIDEO
- More than one-third of ABAC students in bachelor's degree programs
- Cynthia George joins Darton State College staff
- Provost Academy charter school aims to help dropouts earn their diplomas
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- County pondering Gillionville speed limit change
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Prohibition by abstention?