Top Government 101 stories
Municipal Court Judge Willie Weaver posts $10,000 bail in connection with his arrest on a felony domestic assault charge.
More Government 101
The Thomasville Garden Club Standard Flower Show will be Friday and Saturday.
While most of the memorable television characters have been male and female actors, dogs have had important roles for the past six decades.
Public safety roundup for Albany and Dougherty County
The Albany Police Department responded to at least 42 incidents on Monday and the early hours of Tuesday, available reports show.
The musical fairy tale will be performed at the Albany Municipal Auditorium
Seventy-nine Deerfield Windsor students create “Shrek the Musical” for three performances this weekend at the Albany Municipal Auditorium.
Former Secret Service agent Don Brewer will be signing books at Books A Million
Author and former US Secret Service agent Don Brewer will be visiting Albany’s Books A Million this Saturday to sign copies of his debut book Worthy of Trust and Confidence.
These establishments were inspected by the Dougherty and Worth County Environmental Health Offices April 11-17, 2014.
New branches are located in Ocala, Gainesville and Alachua
Alarion reported approximately $283 million in assets, $200 million in loans, $241 million in deposits, and $18 million in tangible common equity. Upon completion of the transaction, Heritage is expected to have approximately $1.7 billion in assets, $1 billion in loans, and $1.4 billion in deposits.
Reimbursement for facilities will be addressed
Such facilities, as proposed, would not be able to bill Medicare or Medicaid at the current hospital rates, but would have to bill those programs at a lower “provider’’ rate.
Aviation Commission ready for Phase III of renovation project
Southwest Georgia Regional Airport is one of 90 nationwide to qualify for online training awards.
ALBANY HERALD EDITORIAL: A study by the Selig Center finds that for every 100 retirees who relocate to Georgia, 55 jobs are created
Albany and Southwest Georgia have plenty to offer retirees who relocate from other states. It’s incumbent on our area to get the word out.
The lone candidate went through the interview process Tuesday morning
An Albany-Dougherty Economic Development Commission Presidential Search Committee will recommend that EDC interim President Justin Strickland get a permanent appointment to the job.
OPINION: Chance stop-off adds to great-local-places-to-eat list
Wendell Joseph draws on the spice of his homeland — Trinidad and Tobago — to create unique cuisine.
The American Cancer Relay for Life starts Friday
The American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life is slated for this Friday night at Albany’s Exchange Club Fairgrounds.
When I think back on the days of my youth, it would be hard to pick a lesson learned that was more important than another.
At 94, Paul Herring, has very few memory lapses.
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Southwest Georgia Regional Airport wins national training award
- Albany Sign Task Force readies recommendations for Planning Commission
- They Said It… April 13, 2014
- Lee County Commission mulls rezoning for concrete plant
- Albany City Commissioner B.J. Fletcher: Tax owners of dilapidated properties
- Officials ponder SPLOST reallocation to improve county fire rating
- The Big 10 - March 21-28, 2014
- Leadership Lee grads hear from existing leaders (Video)
- Lack of funds hampers fire improvements in Lee County
- Albany/Dougherty Planning Director: Addressing could be matter of life or death
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- County pondering Gillionville speed limit change
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Prohibition by abstention?