Top Government 101 stories
Municipal Court Judge Willie Weaver posts $10,000 bail in connection with his arrest on a felony domestic assault charge.
More Government 101
Police had been searching for Equavious Osby
The Sylvester Police Department arrest teen shooting suspect.
OPINION: Some 'great inventions' could be done without
There’s no pathway back to the simpler good ol’ days.
GUEST COMMENTARY: The South could produce another 8 billion board feet, boosting the regional economy
While Canada and other regions of the United States are facing problems with ramping up production for an expected increase in demand for forest products, the South is in a good position to make the next 10 years a “decade of fiorestry.”
Pick up a copy of The Albany Herald to find out about the Bright Side of life.
Public safety reports for Albany and Dougherty County
The Albany Police Department responded to at least 30 incidents on Tuesday and the early hours of Wednesday, available reports show.
Pick up a copy of The Albany Herald to find out what everybody’s squawking about.
The Georgia Department of Education has replaced CRCT and EOCT assessments with "Georgia Milestones"
New student progress assessments and academic achievement are among the greatest changes facing students and educators for the coming school year in Georgia.
SOWEGA Council on Aging is hosting the Aug. 14 benefit for Meals on Wheels program
The SOWEGA Council on Aging’s annual Comedy Night fundraiser for Meals on Wheels is quickly approaching and organizers have announced that this year’s main attraction is comedian Jeff Allen.
Participants should call research center by Aug. 15
University of Georgia agricultural researchers will discuss their latest findings on corn, cotton, peanuts and soybeans at a field day set for Plains on Aug. 20.
Albany home invasion suspect captured
An Albany man suspected of taking part in a home invasion is taken into custody in Macon.
Temperatures, rainfall, and sun and moon information for the Albany area
Temperatures, rainfall, and sun and moon information for the Albany area.
Work is under way to expand SCA's upper campus to accomodate merger with the church's elementary school
Sherwood Academy expansion under way
FEATURES COLUMN: Love laughter and charm enhance conversation
The rest of the story of Tiger Mountain Vineyards has to do with tootin’ the horn of vineyard founders John and Martha Ezzard and their partners John and Marilyn McMullan.
The following is a list of events happening in the area this week.
GUEST COMMENTARY: Great tastes for everyone in Albany
A new restaurant may just have the tastiest food in Albany.
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Dougherty County commissioners discuss concerns about local-level business participation in projects
- Lee County must tackle SPLOST shortfall issue
- Albany Public Works' Roberson elevated to assistant city manager
- Darrel Ealum upsets Rep. Carol Fullerton in Georgia House 153 runoff
- Dougherty Commission OKs out-of-county solid waste at landfill
- Albany City Commissioner Tommie Postell a lightning rod for controversy
- Juvenile justice grant funds Functional Family Therapy Program
- Albany City Commission OKs multimodal proposal
- Albany City Manager James Taylor resigns; Tom Berry named interim
- Questions linger as Albany city manager ponders future
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- County pondering Gillionville speed limit change
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Prohibition by abstention?