Top Government 101 stories
Municipal Court Judge Willie Weaver posts $10,000 bail in connection with his arrest on a felony domestic assault charge.
More Government 101
Jimmy Carter to teach Sunday Sunday in Plains
First Southern Methodist Church will host a movie night at 7 tonight showing Left Behind.
MUSIC REVIEW: 'Sailing' singer gets a few things off his chest on exceptional new work
Eighties Grammy darling Christopher Cross is set to release an album of new material on Sept. 12.
Eminem, Darius Rucker prepare new releases
Country star Jake Owen will headline the “Days of Gold” tour at the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center in Tallaahassee, Fla.
Pick up a copy of The Albany Herald to find out what everybody’s squawking about.
SWGA FISHING REPORT: A weekly outlook on how the fish are biting in Southwest Georgia lakes and the Flint River
An update on fishing prospects at lakes Seminole, Blackshear and Walter F. Georgia, along with the Flint River.
FAITH: Stealing has become a commonplace act in America
Material objects are not the only things that can be stolen. Intangible assets such as reputation, honesty and time are at risk, also.
OPINION: Memories of the real MTV
As a young boy for whom music was more important than just about anything else, including baseball, basketball and any other sporting endeavor you can think of, having access to music in a visual format 24/7, right in my living room, was the end-all, be-all of totally awesome.
Public safety roundup for Albany and Dougherty County
The Albany Police Department responded to at least 25 incidents on Wednesday and the early hours of Thursday, available reports show.
Albany Water, Gas & Light Commission sees revenues up, expenses down
Albany utilities officials say changes under the city’s new management team are providing positive returns.
Police say woman stabbed her husband at print show
An Albany man is stabbed while working at his uncle’s print shop.
Garbage truck dumps refuse on man in landfill
A dump truck drops a load of garbage on a man in a Dougherty County landfill accident.
OPINION: The referendum generally pits a younger liberal population in favor of separation against older, more conservative Scots
If Scotland leaves its British “home” of three centuries, it may find it can’t go home again.
OPINION: The unemployment rate for Spaniards under 25 is about 54 percen
These stay-at-home kids are so common — not just in Spain but throughout southern Europe — that they now have a name: NEETs. That stands for young people “Not in Employment, Education or Training,” and there are about 14 million across the continent.
Retired coach and educator Jesse Massey donated $10,00 to furnish the fitness facility
The Kay Hind Senior Life Enrichment Center has a wellness/fitness center equipped with treadmills, stationary bikes and more thanks to the generosity of retired educator and coach Jesse Massey.
Early morning Albany fire set intentionally
An Albany fire investigator believes the shop fire was set intentionally.
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Changing mindset crucial to Albany utilities' financial future
- Downtown Central Library branch reopens | VIDEO | PHOTO GALLERY
- Albany-Dougherty County officials optimistic about State of the Community | VIDEO
- Stop the Violence leader Frederick Williams chastises City Commissioner Tommie Postell for comments
- Lee County officials, sheriff confer on budget issues | VIDEO
- Rep. Sanford Bishop, Thrush Aircraft's Payne Hughes promote Ex-Im Bank charter renewal | VIDEO
- Dougherty County Commission to consider employee review policy change
- Dougherty County Commission rejects alcohol license application
- Leesburg receives state funding to improve water system
- Key activist group sees flaws in Georgia's state health plan
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- County pondering Gillionville speed limit change
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Prohibition by abstention?