Top Government 101 stories
Municipal Court Judge Willie Weaver posts $10,000 bail in connection with his arrest on a felony domestic assault charge.
More Government 101
Cleanup volunteers pick up trash in East Albany
Keep Albany Dougherty Beautiful volunteers brave the rain to pick up trash in Albany.
HEALTH AND FITNESS: A fast-paced life does not mean settling for waist-expanding fast food
With preparation and planning, a healthy food routine can be fit into a hectic lifestyle by following five easy tips.
OUTDOORS: Ghosts of battles haunt areas of natures beauty
Nature and history are often intertwined.
FISHING REPORT: A weekly summary of how fish are biting in Southwest Georgia lakes and the Flint River
Fishing prospects at Lake Seminole and the Flint River are upgraded to good this week; still fair at lakes George and Blackshear.
OPINION: In her four years as secertary of state, Hillary Clinton has no achievements to point to
As she eyes a run at the presidency, Hillary Clinton has there is no single, momentous thing that she can point to as having achieved during her years as the nation’s top diplomat.
OPINION: Jeb Bush is exception to the general gloomy pessimism of the Republican Party
Jeb Bush is critical of President Obama, but he does not suggest, as so many in his party do, that because of President Barack Obama, the United States is on a path to decline and ruin.
Coggins has seen many changes in the workplace since 1964
Yvonne Goggins said that while she will definitely miss her job, it will be the people she will miss the most.
Public safety roundup for Albany and Dougherty County
The Albany Police Department responded to 37 incidents on Thursday and the early hours of Friday, available reports show.
A roundup of news from the Albany State University campus
An ASU business student places in elevator pitch competition, students are recognized for academic excellence and new online courses are now available.
Identity tax fraud trio sentenced in Albany
A three-person conspiracy team sentenced in federal court.
Candidates from area races address the community and students at Darton State College’s D.I.R.T. Club political forum
Local and state candidates squared off Thursday night at Darton State College’s DIRT forum.
News and notes from around the DCSS
Dougherty County School System Notebook
The educational group plans on holding community listening sessions in early summer.
Leaders firming up plans to help reduce the County’s dropout rate.
Virginia Loretta Pinder is being sought by Dougherty County authorities
Virginia Loretta Pineda, 46, of Putney, is wanted on eight theft charges.
FAITH: Why be abrasive when witnessing to the love of God?
Because I was meeting a friend at the gate, I was subjected to this self-righteous verbal assault for 10 minutes, a man with a portable headset loudspeaker ensuring that nobody missed a single syllable. I was never so glad to see my friend finally appear.
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Albany Sign Task Force readies recommendations for Planning Commission
- They Said It… April 13, 2014
- Lee County Commission mulls rezoning for concrete plant
- Albany City Commissioner B.J. Fletcher: Tax owners of dilapidated properties
- Officials ponder SPLOST reallocation to improve county fire rating
- The Big 10 - March 21-28, 2014
- Leadership Lee grads hear from existing leaders (Video)
- Lack of funds hampers fire improvements in Lee County
- Albany/Dougherty Planning Director: Addressing could be matter of life or death
- Planned Regional Youth Detention Center in Terrell County gets state funding
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- County pondering Gillionville speed limit change
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Prohibition by abstention?