Top Government 101 stories
Municipal Court Judge Willie Weaver posts $10,000 bail in connection with his arrest on a felony domestic assault charge.
More Government 101
Today's meeting comes before the three-day Association of County Commissioners of Georgia annual conference.
Dougherty Interim School Superintendent Butch Mosley gives his views on coming changes within the school system.
Dan McCarthy unveils ambitious plans to transform McIntosh Homes and Golden Age public housing sites.
The Senior Life Enrichment Center being constructed for the SOWEGA Council on Aging is set to be complete at the end of November.
A study conducted by the Georgia Municipal Association shows the need for a more formal administrative structure in Leesburg.
South Georgia Regional Achievement Center Principal John I. Davis is suspended for failing to perform a background check on a school volunteer who has been arrested on child molestation charges.
Glen Rains says his ultimate goal is to develop an automated field scout for growers.
The state Environmental Protection Division has ordered the city of Albany to clean up a hazardous waste site on Front Street.
Albany officials have voted to allocate $500,000 in HUD-generated HOME funds to renovate a local 98-unit apartment complex.
Researchers look to balance environmental concerns with productivity.
Georgia is under permanent non-drought water restrictions, according to Albany Water, Gas & Light Department officials.
The program is sprucing up facades on buildings facing the Riverfront Park.
A businessman who has shown interest in an Albany skate park says he's not sure if he'll make another bid on the property.
Chehaw's annual Native American Cultural Festival provides a weekend of fun and education.
An administrative trial on the merits of the acquisition of the former Palmyra Medical Center is scheduled to begin Aug. 5.
- Love entering Ward II race 19 comments
- County commissioners debate funding NYSP 7 comments
- Albany airport gets FAA reprieve 7 comments
- DCSS chief clarifies position on two principals 14 comments
- Mental health month under way 1 comment
- Phoebe eyes distribution center 2 comments
- Albany gathering documents for Justice investigation 4 comments
- Marines hold 'Safety Stand Down' to prepare for summer
- Goseer, four DCSS principals to retire 59 comments
- Taylor: City's FY 2014 budget $108.6 million 10 comments
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- County pondering Gillionville speed limit change
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Prohibition by abstention?