Top Government 101 stories
Municipal Court Judge Willie Weaver posts $10,000 bail in connection with his arrest on a felony domestic assault charge.
More Government 101
OPINION: Strong economic sanctions, not military action, is needed
Russia’s only export of value is oil, and that is what Western nations should focus on.
Albany downtown manager Aaron Blair addresses Kiwanis Club of Dougherty County
Albany downtown manager Aaron Blair gave a brief overview of downtown projects to the Kiwanis Club of Dougherty County.
QUOTES: Words worth repeating
“They said it…” is a periodic collection of quotes from folks in Albany, Southwest Georgia and/or of national notoriety.
Jimmie Davis also threw out the first pitch 50 years ago during Albany Dixie Youth Baseball’s inaugural season.
Play Ball! 96-year-old former mayor throws first pitch. Jimmie Davis also threw out the first pitch 50 years ago during Albany Dixie Youth Baseball’s inaugural season.
Retired DFACS worker restores the voice boxes of talking dolls
Martin Tyre brings history back to life restoring the voice boxes of talking dolls
OPINION: The nominee was scuttled for doing his job as a defense attorney in a cop killer capital case
Debo P. Adegbile was doing his job in helping get a former Black Panther’s death sentence in the 1981 murder of a Philadelphia police officer commuted to life in prison.
Here are the most-read stories of the past week from albanyherald.com
The Big 10 for the week of Feb. 28 - March 7, 2014. Here are the most-read stories of the past week from albanyherald.com
HEALTH AND FITNESS: That extra push can separate great from good
A single degree of temperature or effort doesn’t sound like much, but it is the difference between winning and losing, and in reaching goals and just missing them.
The following is a list of meetings happening in the area this week.
Get ready for St. Patrick’s Day with some delicious dishes.
FEATURES COLUMN: There is some good reading out there on the road
Many words of wisdom can be found in 10 words or less on the bumper if the vehicle in front of you.
News about business people in Southwest Georgia
News about Michaelk Eric Hooper and Bo Hatcher
The Cookie Shoppe co-owner has been serving up hearty, homemade meals for nearly 30 years
On the Job with Mona Qaqish
Funny thing about the early, early days of rock ‘n’ roll. Some of the biggest hits had highly unusual histories.
Event set Tuesday and Wednesday at Albany State University
The Teen Maze is a large, interactive life simulation where students are shown the positive and negative consequences of their behavior and life choices.
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Dog dispute in Lee County heads to Superior Court
- City of Albany’s Fiscal Year 2013 audit report a good-news, bad-news mix
- Medical marijuana bill passes Georgia House
- Dougherty County police, fire studies show limited viable options
- Albany City Commission decides to table pit bulldog ordinance
- Albany City Commission must tackle a number of key issues in 2014
- Jeff Sinyard: Coming changes cannot detract from County Commission's focus
- Dougherty County community tennis center part of mega sports park plan
- Auction of four city of Albany properties brings in $566,000, pending commission approval
- Task force convenes to discuss Albany sign ordinance
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- County pondering Gillionville speed limit change
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Prohibition by abstention?