Top Government 101 stories
Municipal Court Judge Willie Weaver posts $10,000 bail in connection with his arrest on a felony domestic assault charge.
More Government 101
Albany art winners will be featured at Albany Mall
This year is the first in a three-year commitment by Kiwanis of Dougherty to host the statewide art and music event. In addition to highlighting young talent from a wide geographic area, it is also viewed as an opportunity to showcase Albany and what it has to offer visitors.
Israeli Prime Minister’s speech to Congress another example of rift that had widened between White House and Netanyahu, and between Republicans and Democrats in the U.S.
Facility will enhance amenities at south Dougherty County park
A newly built facility in Robert Cross Park will give groups of up to 400 a first-rate meeting locale.
Walk at Meredyth Place in Albany set to help raise financial support for breast cancer patients
There are two funds this event will benefit, the MaryLynn Mason Endowment Fund, which helps to fund pain and nausea medication, and the Albany Pink Crisis Fund through the Phoebe Foundation, which helps offset living expenses. The majority of the proceeds this year, which is the third event, is expected to go toward Albany Pink.
Temperatures, rainfall, and sun and moon information for the Albany area
Temperatures, rainfall, and sun and moon information for the Albany area.
The following is a list of events happening in the area this week.
FILM COMMENTARY: A combination of technical brilliance and thematic relevance gives 'Birdman' wings
This is a story that speaks to many of us who once accomplished big things but have since fallen silent.
FEATURES COLUMN: Horses get riders back to nature
Complaints about nothing to do in the Albany area? Saddle up and change from a naysayer to a neigh-sayer.
'Dr. Who' alum David Tennant reprises detective Alec Hardy
The murder mystery, which sparked an American version “Gracepoint” that also starred David Tennant, returns tonight on BBC America for a second season of sleuthing.
SHERIFF'S COLUMN: Work of Lt. Terron Hayes and Col. Sabrina Lewis highlighted
I am very fortunate to have many individuals at the Sheriff’s Office who work beyond their normal duties to make a difference in our community.
THE DIXIE DIVA: Knowledge stays alive, even after our parents are gone
There’s not a day goes by that I don’t think of Mama and do something the way she taught me to do it.
THE RECIPE BOX: The most important thing to remember is to not overcook Brussels sprouts
Brussels sprouts, which as I child I used to call mini-cabbages, have some great health benefits.
Opening Day for the 2015 Albany Dizzy Dean Youth Baseball and Dixie Softball League season.
Worth County man charged with home invasion, sexual assault
Timothy Leon Sanford is accused of sexually assaulting an elderly woman.
One suspect pointed a handgun in South Slappey robbery
Albany police asking for help in finding two men who robbed a FairWay store on South Slappey Boulevard.
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Worth County Clerk fired in split vote
- Three convicted of bribery, fraud in Albany Marine base trucking contracts | VIDEO
- Robert Cross Park meeting house product of county leaders' vision
- Dougherty County commissioners asked to join in ethics fight
- Changes under way at Grand Island Golf Club in Lee County
- Utility initiatives adding to Albany's bottom line
- Hugh Mills Stadium upgrade to include artificial turf
- Dougherty County commissioners to take closer look at drug fund usage
- Dougherty County Commission to consider greenspace master plan
- Albany and Dougherty County Police/Fire/EMS reports: Feb. 21-23, 2015
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- County pondering Gillionville speed limit change
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Prohibition by abstention?