Top Government 101 stories
Municipal Court Judge Willie Weaver posts $10,000 bail in connection with his arrest on a felony domestic assault charge.
More Government 101
Dougherty Interim School Superintendent Butch Mosley gives his views on coming changes within the school system.
Dan McCarthy unveils ambitious plans to transform McIntosh Homes and Golden Age public housing sites.
The Senior Life Enrichment Center being constructed for the SOWEGA Council on Aging is set to be complete at the end of November.
A study conducted by the Georgia Municipal Association shows the need for a more formal administrative structure in Leesburg.
South Georgia Regional Achievement Center Principal John I. Davis is suspended for failing to perform a background check on a school volunteer who has been arrested on child molestation charges.
Glen Rains says his ultimate goal is to develop an automated field scout for growers.
The state Environmental Protection Division has ordered the city of Albany to clean up a hazardous waste site on Front Street.
Albany officials have voted to allocate $500,000 in HUD-generated HOME funds to renovate a local 98-unit apartment complex.
Researchers look to balance environmental concerns with productivity.
Georgia is under permanent non-drought water restrictions, according to Albany Water, Gas & Light Department officials.
The program is sprucing up facades on buildings facing the Riverfront Park.
A businessman who has shown interest in an Albany skate park says he's not sure if he'll make another bid on the property.
Chehaw's annual Native American Cultural Festival provides a weekend of fun and education.
An administrative trial on the merits of the acquisition of the former Palmyra Medical Center is scheduled to begin Aug. 5.
The hotel/motel tax generates $750,000 each year for the Convention and Visitors Bureau in Albany.
- Albany Police Department in hiring mode
- Water main rupture sends MCLB workers home Thursday 10 comments
- Firefighters hope to form rescue dive team 1 comment
- County ponders library reopening 3 comments
- Dougherty officials see budget positives 4 comments
- DCSS Transportation Committee sends items to full board 4 comments
- Bishop urges reconsideration of postal centers 16 comments
- Phipps named chief appeals judge 2 comments
- City settles with Albany Heights owners 25 comments
- Kitchen Inspections - May 19, 2013 5 comments
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- County pondering Gillionville speed limit change
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Prohibition by abstention?