Top Government 101 stories
Municipal Court Judge Willie Weaver posts $10,000 bail in connection with his arrest on a felony domestic assault charge.
More Government 101
The Albany-Dougherty Economic Development Commission presents its annual top industry awards to four companies
Business and civic leaders from Albany and Dougherty County honored four businesses at the Economic Development Industry Awards on Wednesday.
EDC wants to extend its self-awareness campaign for Albany and Dougherty County
With Phase I of its communications plan under way, the Albany-Dougherty EDC is looking ahead to the second phase of its program.
The boy is treated for his gunshot wound at the Albany hospital
A woman says her grandson, 7, accidentally shot himself in the foot with a gun he found beneath sofa cushions at an Albany motel.
A Dougherty County Sheriffs Office intervention program to air on A&E
The second 'Beyond Scared Straight' segment of the Dougherty County Sheriff’s Office airs tonight.
Temperatures, rainfall, and sun and moon information for the Albany area
Temperatures, rainfall, and sun and moon information for the Albany area.
Sylvester officer George Hall has been freed under a $15,000 bond
The Sylvester police chief says prosecutors asked that “other issues” regarding George Hall be turned over to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
It marks the third straight year the board has increased tuition by 2.5 percent at most Georgia universities and colleges
Georgia’s four research universities will see tuition increases of 4 percent to 9 percent following Tuesday’s action by the University System of Georgia Board of Regents.
We are losing farms in this country, which essentially means that the small farmer will soon be extinct.
THE DIXIE DIVA: Challenges of life can make for a trove of treasure
It fascinates me to see what the journey of life will drill into our souls and our minds to make a good story.
News briefs from the Albany area
Public service roundup for Albany and Dougherty County
The Albany Police Department responded to at least 37 incidents on Monday and the early hours of Tuesday, available reports show.
ALBANY HERALD EDITORIAL: Russian President Vladimir Putin continues to stir unrest in Ukraine
U.S. and European Union officials must come up with meaningful sanctions against Russia that will convince hardliners looking to return to the “glory” days of the Soviet empire to let Ukraine handle its own affairs.
School superintendent teacher will be fired
Dougherty County School Superintendent David Mosely says accused teacher will be fired.
Development would include new Wal-Mart grocery concept, fueling station
The Albany City Commission paves the way for a new Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market near the corner of Westover Boulevard and Gillionville Road.
OPINION: Republics need a new strategy with 2016 on the horizon
The GOP’s strategy of alienating women and minorities doesn’t play well in presidential politics.
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Albany Sign Task Force readies recommendations for Planning Commission
- They Said It… April 13, 2014
- Lee County Commission mulls rezoning for concrete plant
- Albany City Commissioner B.J. Fletcher: Tax owners of dilapidated properties
- Officials ponder SPLOST reallocation to improve county fire rating
- The Big 10 - March 21-28, 2014
- Leadership Lee grads hear from existing leaders (Video)
- Lack of funds hampers fire improvements in Lee County
- Albany/Dougherty Planning Director: Addressing could be matter of life or death
- Planned Regional Youth Detention Center in Terrell County gets state funding
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Oh the irony...legislators ban cameras from hearing on 'Open Government' 4 comments
- Commissioner officially gets 'schooled' 1 comment
- City commission meeting moved
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Ya'll Come on Back Now, Ya' hear?
- County pondering Gillionville speed limit change
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Prohibition by abstention?