Ivey Hines was top vote-getter in Nov. 5 Ward II contest
Ward II voters will return to the polls Dec. 3 to detrmine who will represent them on the Albany City Commission.
Bryce Johnson declares his candidacy for Georgia Denate District 13
Worth County native Bryce Johnson announces in Tifton that he is running to succeed retiring state Sen. John Crosby.
The seat is being vacated by Sen. John Crosby when his term ends next year
Georgia Senate District 13 includes Worth and Lee counties.
Following the recent death of his daughter, Sen. John Crosby says he will focus on home and his grandchildren
John Crosby, of Tifton, has represented District 13, which includes Lee and Worth counties, in the Georgia Senate since 2008 and will not seek re-election next year.
Two Georgia Democrats are hoping to carry on their families' political legacies
The big-name candidacies mean the lesser-known rivals will struggle even more for attention and funds.
Sylvester Mayor Bill Yearta easily wins re-electyion
Ward 4 Councilman Larry Johnson defeats two opponents for new Sylvester City Council term.
Newton voters re-elect Mayor Gary Coker to new term
Newton voters approve Sunday alcohol sales 66-65.
Fletcher’s Ward III coalition carries her to a lopsided victory
A Dec. 3 muncipal runoff election will include Albany City Commissioner Ivey Hines and challenger Bobby Coleman to determine the Ward II winner.
Six candidates are competing for two Albany City Commission seats
Some 11,801 voters in Wards II and III are eligible to go to the polls to determine who will represent their interests on the Albany City Commission.
Albany, Dougherty County have separate agreements on 26 shared services
A list of 26 shared services that make up a city/county service delivery strategy that prevents duplication may be the next big debate between Albany and Dougherty County officials.
Two Albany City Commission seats will be decided by voters Tuesday
Election night is a numbers game for six candidates hoping to win a seat on the Albany City Commission.
Early voting totals low for Nov. 5 municipal election
Almost 12,000 voters are eligible to cast ballots in Tuesday’s municipal election, which will determine the Ward II and Ward III Albany City Commission seats.
Darton forum provide opportunity for voters to hear from Albany City Commission candidates
A Darton State College club will host a forum for Albany City Commission candidates in Wards II and III.
Voters in 10 precincts will cast ballots in Albany’s Nov. 5 municipal election.
Albany Election Previews
Businesswoman B.J. Fletcher is trying to unseat Christopher Pike for the Albany City Commission’s Ward III seat.
- Southwest Georgia congressional delegation mixed on reactions to State of the Union address (VIDEOS)
- Georgia lawmakers drop ‘campus carry’ effort
- U.S. Rep. Jack Kingston rebuts perk claim
- Dougherty County School Board to meet with Albany area legislators
- U.S. Senate candidate Michelle Nunn visits Albany Technical College
- Worth Solicitor-General Bryce Johnson to run for Senate District 13
- Sen. John Crosby to retire from Georgia Legislature
- Rynders 'optimistic' funding for a new fine arts center at Albany State will be in the state budget
- Flint River makes the Georgia Water Coalition Dirty Dozen list again
- Carter, Nunn largely untested but give Democrats hope
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Dog dispute in Lee County heads to Superior Court
- City of Albany’s Fiscal Year 2013 audit report a good-news, bad-news mix
- Medical marijuana bill passes Georgia House
- Dougherty County police, fire studies show limited viable options
- Albany City Commission decides to table pit bulldog ordinance
- Albany City Commission must tackle a number of key issues in 2014
- Jeff Sinyard: Coming changes cannot detract from County Commission's focus
- Dougherty County community tennis center part of mega sports park plan
- Auction of four city of Albany properties brings in $566,000, pending commission approval
- Task force convenes to discuss Albany sign ordinance
Albany and Southwest Georgia Education News
- T. Marshall Jones to be roasted for Albany Tech Foundation fundraiser
- ASU sorority promotes the making of good choices by youths
- Dougherty County School System Education Notebook
- Dougherty County School System Notebook
- Girl Talk's Project Inside Out coming to Albany
- Rotary and Lee County Schools help Liberian students
- Dougherty County’s STAR Student, Teacher are named
- Changes on the horizon at Darton
- Butch Mosely recognizes three of the Dougherty County School System's best teachers
- Aaron Johnson announces run for Dougherty County School Board seat
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Prohibition by abstention?
- Now the fun begins 2 comments