U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss urges White House to declassify info on exchanged Gitmo prisoners | VIDEO & POLL
Five Afghan nationals labeled as high-risk were sent to Qatar in exchange for the release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss says President Barack Obama should explain why the five prisoners were being held, what was found in their annual reviews by the administration and the risks associated with their release.
Enviornmental regulations also should take into account the economic impact, congressman says
U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop said he has asked the EPA to extend the commenting period on its new carbon emission regulations for 120 days to give all sides a chance to give their views on the rules and their impact.
The FCC has proposed a $48,000 fine
A Florida commuter is in hot water with the FCC to the tune of a $48,000 fine after authorities accuse him of routinely shutting down cell phones on a Florida stretch of Interstate highway with a jamming device.
The explosion partly leveled the four-story Escambia County, Fla., jail
About 600 inmates were being held in the jail before the 11 p.m. event that authorities believe was caused by a natural gas explosion.
In the House, the nine GOP representatives from Georgia opposed the continuing resolution Wednesday that raised the debt limit for the federal government.
The Afforable Care Act is designed to make significant changes to the health care system, and potentially to how employers provide health care coverage to employees.
Capitol lockdown is lifted
Congressman says American people have a right to be mighty fed up.
Rep. Austin Scott, R-Augusta today announced he has signed onto the Government Shutdown Fairness Act (H.R. 3160), which would prohibit Members of Congress from receiving a salary during a government shutdown.
The U.S. government on Thursday announced new delays in rolling out President Barack Obama's healthcare reform
Stung by “tastes like vomit” critiques from some students, the USDA looks to make school meals more palatable.
America is struggling to fully realize the vision that civil rights leader Martin Luther King described in his famous "I have a dream" speech 50 years ago, as the goal of economic security for all remains elusive, President Barack Obama said on Wednesday.
Bradley Manning, sentenced to 35 years in military prison for the biggest breach of classified U.S. documents in U.S. history, said in a statement today he is female and wants to live as a woman named Chelsea.
Outgoing Sen. Saxby Chambliss talked at a tribute in his honor Monday of bridge-building and bipartisanship. Republicans competing for his seat offered a sharp contrast.
British authorities forced the Guardian newspaper to destroy material leaked by Edward Snowden, its editor has revealed, calling it a "pointless" move that would not prevent further reporting on U.S. and British surveillance programs.
Read the latest Georgia news from The Albany Herald newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- U.S. Senate candidates meet at Georgia Chamber forum
- Ebola patients released from Atlanta hospital
- The next few days may be hottest stretch of the summer in Southwest Georgia
- Garth Brooks breaks Philips Arena performance record with seven consecutive shows
- State health plan choices for 2015 draw praise
- Georgia unemployment rate up from July
- Kenny Rogers' Buckhead home listed for sale | PHOTOS
- Georgia DOT rail plan meeting set for Valdosta
- Georgia Federal-State Shipping Point Inspection Service moves to new office in Albany | VIDEO
- Medicaid, PeachCare enrollments up in Georgia
- Georgia unemployment rate up from July
- Metro Albany again leads state in lowest gas prices
- Time of change — and crisis — in the hospital world
- Georgia DOT suspends roadwork for sales tax holiday
- Georgia back-to-school sales tax-free weekend starts Friday
- Georgia Business Briefs - July 29, 2014
- Georgia jobless rate for June 7.4% | VIDEO
- Iraqi violence likely to send retail gas prices up
- U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop concerned over potential impact of new carbon emission rules
- Retail gas prices sliding slowly