The former president and his wife lost a 4-year-old daughter to leukemia nearly 60 ago.
Legislation approved by the Senate now moves to the House for consideration.
Oddsmakers say George is the favorite for name of the baby who is third in line to the British royal throne.
Bookmakers in England say the favorites for the boy's name are James and George.
Hundreds of convicts, including senior members of al Qaeda, broke out of Iraq's Abu Ghraib jail as comrades launched a military-style assault to free them, authorities say.
Paula Deen fans are looking to stick it to the companies who have severed ties with the embattled celebrity chef. Or perhaps they’re trying to butter them up.
The northeastern United States sweltered on Tuesday in a scorching summer heat wave, complete with stagnant, sticky air and no winds for relief, forecasters said.
President Obama calls for protests to be peaceful.
Click here for more.
Celebrity chef Paula Deen, who lost book deals, contracts and her television cooking show on The Food Network after she admitted using a racial slur, is set to be a comic book star of female empowerment, a publisher said on Wednesday.
An Alaska glacier is exposing remains from a military air tragedy six decades later.
Click here for more.
Civilian employees at Albany’s Marine base are among those who will be impacted by the unpaid days off.
Former neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman was well versed in Florida's self-defense laws before he shot and killed unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, despite a previous claim to the contrary, jurors were told at Zimmerman's trial on Wednesday.
Firefighters labored on Wednesday to extend their grip on a smoldering but still potentially lethal blaze in Arizona that killed 19 members of an elite “hotshots” crew in the deadliest U.S. wildfire tragedy in eight decades.
Read the latest Georgia news from The Albany Herald newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Medical marijuana bill passes Georgia House
- Delta to reward frequent flier miles based on ticket price
- Albany State, Darton State and Albany Tech to take aim at county's dropout rate
- Crewmember on Greg Allman biopic 'Midnight Rider' killed during train mishap
- Univ. of Mississippi to question three students from Ga. about noose on statue
- Views clash on Georgia Medicaid expansion
- Critics of state health plan take message to Capitol
- Dougherty School Board OKs grade-changing settlement between Kevin Fretwell and the district
- More images released of new Atlanta Falcons stadium
- Georgians ready to thaw out
- J. Mack Robinson remembered for kindness, humility
- Senate passes farm bill (VIDEO)
- Georgia's physician shortage limits patients' access to care
- Georgia's shrimping season a disaster
- Stratus alliance may become model for hospitals
- Small business owners slightly optimistic in November
- Georgia peanut crop experiencing good year
- Groups succeed in lowering hospital readmission rates
- Watermelon disease a double whammy for Georgia growers
- Gas prices rise as Thanksgiving nears