Opinion

Subscribe

Tease photo
Tease photo

CATHERINE RAMPELL: Limousine liberalisms good works

OPINION: Being rich does not mean one cannot empathize with the poor

Those in the top 1 percent of wealth are not hypocrites in their expressions of concern about the wages, opportunities and safety nets available to the other 99 percent.

SOWELL: Bordering on madness

In a recent confrontation between protesters against the illegal flood of unaccompanied children into the United States and counter-protests by some Hispanic group, one man from the latter group said angrily, “We are as good as you are!”

Tease photo

Federal courts take opposing views on ACA subsidies

ALBANY HERALD EDITORIAL: There is little chance that federal lawmakers will pass refining language on Obamacare subsidies

If a three-panel District of Columbia federal court ruling is upheld, it would make the Affordable Care Act an unworkable law.

Tease photo

LORAN SMITH: Tiger Mountain Vineyards offers smorgasbord of hospitality

FEATURES COLUMN: No better service than at Tiger Mountain Vineyards

Just seven tenths of a mile north of this town of 316 residents and no traffic light, you blissfully arrive at Tiger Mountain Vineyards.

Tease photo

Bright of the Day - July 23, 2014

Pick up a copy of The Albany Herald to find out about the Bright Side of life.

Tease photo

Squawk of the Day - July 23, 2014

Pick up a copy of The Albany Herald to find out what everybody’s squawking about.

Tease photo

CARLTON FLETCHER: When it comes to camp songs, you can’t beat the classics

OPINION: ‘Gopher Guts’ has survived for generations

Writing a timeless camp song is the height of aspirations,

UNREVIEWED: Federal courts take opposing views on ACA subsidies

ALBANY HERALD EDITORIAL: There is little chance that federal lawmakers will pass refining laanguage on Obamacare subsidies

If a three-panel District of Columbia federal court ruling is upheld, it would make the Affordable Care Act and unworkable law.

Tease photo

RONDA RICH: The world view on ‘being cool’

DIXIE DIVA: Good decisions pay off over a lifetime

She took nothing that wasn’t hers but she didn’t give up anything, either. Kinda cool, don’t you think?

THOMAS: No more aid to the Palestinian Authority

There is no moral equivalency between Israel and those who wish to destroy the Jewish state. None. Stopping aid to terrorists would be the best policy option.

Tease photo

Bright of the Day - July 22, 2014

Pick up a copy of The Albany Herald to find out about the Bright Side of life.

Tease photo

EDWARD SCHWEIKERT: Nude beach unlikely on Tybee Island

LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Tybee Island takes conservative approach to beach wear

Tybee Island won’t give up its jurisdiction over its beaches.

Tease photo

WALT SPECHT: Senate candidates in it for themselves

LETTER TO THE EDITOR: GOP Senate ticket a choices between lesser of two evils

The Democratic Senate nominee also has little to offer except her family’s political name.

Tease photo

E.J. DIONNE: Will Flight 17 sober us up?

OPINION: Our political debate in America is just plain stupid

The deaths of 298 innocent people transformed the battle for Ukraine into a global issue. President Obama now needs to offer the other side of his doctrine. The notion that the United States is retreating from the world is simply wrong.

Tease photo

JOHN LAKE ADAMS: Copy of presidential biking award sought

LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Certificate from 1976 is lost by local sports group

A 1,600-mile ride from Pelham to Texas got presidential recognition in 1976, but the certificate has been lost.

Editorials

Letters to the Editor

Columnists

Blogs

Photos

Video