OPINION: A peace process will not work if one side does not want peace
The accumulation of evidence over the years points to one thing: Palestinians want Israel wiped out and believe they have a divine mandate to destroy it.
OPINION: CIA response to Sen. Feinstein latest case of men behaving badly
A man in Sen. feinstein’s position would never be accused of having a “deep emotionalfeeling” about an issue.
This was not the way Republican leaders had planned to observe Equal Pay Day.
Get a copy of The Albany Herald to read more about the Bright Side of life.
Pick up a copy of The Albany Herald to see what everybody’s squawking about.
OPINION: A dog is a security system worth its weight in baseballs
An inpromptu “Easter egg” hunt before mowing reveals a collection of used chew toys … but no neighbor’s cat.
GUEST COMMENTARY: One problem with arguments is no room for compromise
Zoos and aquariums have have positive influences on creating awareness about animals such as killer whales, apes and elephants.
Loran Smith writes about his conversation with Verne Lundquist and Bill Griffin
Herald guest columnist Loran Smith meets up with old friends at Augusta National, including CBS announcer Verne Lundquist.
It is fascinating to see how some people — in both politics and the media — can depict their own narrow self-interest as a holy crusade for the greater good of society. The ability of the human mind to rationalize is one of the wonders of the world.
Get a copy of The Albany Herald to read about the Bright Side of life.
Get a copy of The Albany Herald to see what everyone is squawking about.
OPINION: ISO ruling could save homeowners thousands
The Dougherty County Commission approves the purchase of equipment that may save homeowners millions.
ALBANY HERALD EDITORIAL: Real-life worries need more attention than Internet alarmism
Bison running down a road in Yellowstone National Park aren’t the harbingers of doom that some want to believe they are.
THE DIXIE DIVA: Low-fat buttermilk has no place in a Southern home
Always choose a Southern doctor, preferably an overweight one, over a fussy California physician.
Most businesses conduct audits or internal reviews to make sure they are operating efficiently. Not the federal government.
- Irony escapes Russian president
- Thumbs Up! April 14, 2014
- Georgians can celebrate Tax Freedom Day
- End-of-the-world eruption still a ways off
- Thumbs Up! April 7, 2014
- Dougherty School Board going by the book on selection process
- More focus needed on mental health for military
- Driving distractions can be deadly
- Thumbs Up! March 31, 2014
- We should be our brothers' keeper
Letters to the Editor
- MARCIA JOHNSON: Emergency medical team a blessing to patient, family
- WALT SPECHT: Vermont visits always enlighten
- JOHN BRYANT: Moving ahead is only backing up
- WARREN D. GRANT: Divert money from parks and the Civic Center to pay law enforcement better salaries
- SHARISSE KELLY: Law enforcement officers deserve higher pay
- BETTY MCDONALD: Death of Leola Williams a loss to family and co-workers
- JOHN BRYANT: Bill Clinton had strong economic record
- BOB LOGAN: Confederate memorial service set for Dougherty and Lee counties April 5
- WALT SPECHT: America should be worlds top manufacturer
- JOHN A. TAYLOR: Republicans run up bills for future generations
- YARBROUGH: A reminder of what Easter is really about
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Misguided missionaries mar Masters
- CAL THOMAS: Chicken Little science proponents cluck louder
- KATHLEEN PARKER: Erase the race card
- SOWELL: Comparison of men vs. women pay is statistical fraud
- CARLTON FLETCHER: Politics 2014 -- Spell president with a capital 'D'
- LORAN SMITH: Bubba worthy of second green jacket
- THOMAS: Sebelius is the definition of a scapegoat
- E.J. DIONNE: A program Republicans should love
- KATHLEEN PARKER: Stephen Colbert no threat to the heartland
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Discretionary tax fund 'list' a must for local leaders 1 comment
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper
- First election prediction? There will be a runoff
- Voting: That was easy
- Edwards' little tax problem 2 comments