Top Sports stories
The Hawks, who beat Denver late Saturday for their third straight victory, continue to cling to the eighth spot in the Eastern Conference despite winning four times in the past 18 games.
Carl Edwards took the lead by staying out under a caution with 78 laps remaining in the Food City 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race Sunday, and he remained up front the rest of the way.
Kentucky's Aaron Harrison leads the Wildcats past Georgia and into the SEC tournament final.
Fear of the outdoors is often unnecessary
Many creatures incite terror, panic and sometimes even self-inflicted injury, all of which are unnecessary.
Hawks guard Dennis Schroder has seen an increase in playing time of late, as coach Mike Budenholzer has called on the rookie to use his speed to be a disruptive force on defense.
Whether it’s NASCAR’s new rules for Chase qualifying or simply the nature of short-track racing at Bristol Motor Speedway, 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series points leader Dale Earnhardt Jr. won’t be surprised to see push come to shove once the checkered flag is in sight today.
Braves catcher Evan Gattis hadn’t caught consecutive games this spring until Thursday, and now we know why: He had knee surgery in October.
The best acts of kindness aren't calculated
Herald outdoors columnist Bob Kornegay writes about generosity that doesn't seek personal gain.
Find out where the fish are biting — or not biting — around Southwest Georgia this week.
Albany State's season ends in NCAA Tournament second round
No. 1 seed Nova Southeastern flexed its offensive muscles in a dominating victory in the South Region semifinals to advance to the NCAA Division II Tournament Sweet 16 and end the Lady Rams’ season. (ADDS: GSW men lose 2OT heartbreaker)
Albany native and former Dougherty star Daryl Smith signs a four-year, $16.1 million deal with the Baltimore Ravens.
Brandon Beachy’s injury is worse than Atlanta first thought
Brandon Beachy’s arm injury appears to be far worse than he and the Braves initially believed, and Beachy could find out Monday that he needs a second Tommy John elbow surgery and another year-long rehabilitation.
Christina Charles holds Sherwood’s single-season assists record
Sherwood senior Christina Charles, who has set the school record for assists in a season the last two years, signs a soccer scholarship with Truett-McConnell College.
McFather was a four-year starter at QB for the Red Devils
Caleb McFather, Randolph-Clay’s four-year starter at quarterback, signs with NAIA Division II Reinhardt University, completing a promise he made to his father when he was 5-years-old.
- Sherwood's Christina Charles signs soccer scholarship with Truett-McConnell
- Randolph-Clay QB Caleb McFather inks with Reinhardt
- Lee County’s Irby signs with St. Augustine’s University
- Deerfield baseball opens season with shutout of TAE
- Crisp County’s Tyler named SEC Freshman of the Week
- Crisp Academy dominates on way to state title
- Westwood girls repeat as GISA Class AA champs
- Crisp Academy girls cruise into GISA Class A finals
- Westwood girls hold on, top Arlington Christian in state semis
- CHAMPS!!!: Randolph-Clay girls dominate Mitchell County for state title
- Hawks rookie Schroder making most of latest opportunity
- BRAVES NOTEBOOK: Gattis reveals offseason surgery
- Albany’s Daryl Smith signs four-year deal with Ravens
- BRAVES NOTEBOOK: Beachy might need another Tommy John surgery
- Braves’ Medlen to have second Tommy John Surgery
- Braves sign pitcher Santana to one-year deal
- Braves’ Medlen to have more tests
- Braves’ Carpenter puts Uribe homer behind him
- BRAVES NOTEBOOK: Wood driven by competition and skeptics
- Former Brave Hudson turns to next chapter of his career
- Florida heads up NCAA Tournament field as overall No. 1 seed (BRACKETS INSIDE)
- Kentucky ousts UGA, advances to SEC title game vs. Florida
- Lady Rams can't slow down Nova Southeastern in region semifinals
- Albany State women win NCAA Tournament opener with late comeback
- Albany State women leaning on faith, unity for NCAA Tournament opener
- Columbus State pounds Albany State
- Tournament Time
- Darton swimming finishes 2nd, 4th in nationals
- Darton baseball rallies to upend East Georgia College
- Georgia enters SEC Tournament with same record as Kentucky