Top Sports stories
The 4-1 Patriots and the 6-0 Lady Tornadoes have been strong so far
The first Herald Fab 5 Poll features both familiar and new faces with the Westover boys and the Monroe girls leading the way.
Bulldogs headed back to Jacksonville to face Cornhuskers in Gator Bowl after playing them in Capital One Bowl last year
Georgia will play in Gator Bowl for the first time since Jan. 1, 1989.
The trio combined to win eight World Series titles
Trio will be inducted on July 27 in Cooperstown, N.Y.
Yellow Jackets, in a bowl for the 17th consecutive season, accept bid to Music City Bowl
UGA's New Year's Day opponent will be Nebraska
The Packers, who were 0-4-1 since Rodgers sustained a broken collarbone, rallied from a 21-10 halftime deficit to beat the Atlanta Falcons 22-21 at Lambeau Field.
The BCS committee announced Sunday night that the No. 1 Seminoles (13-0) -- the last remaining unbeaten program in the FBS -- will face No. 2 Auburn (12-1) in the final BCS National Championship game on Jan. 6 in Pasadena, Calif., before college football moves to a four-team playoff in 2014.
Florida State shakes off a sluggish start to win the ACC championship and clinch a berth in the BCS national championship game.
Tre Mason rushed for an SEC Championship-record 303 yards and four touchdowns as Auburn completed its turnaround from going winless in conference play a year ago to winning the Southeastern Conference title.
Rams beat AUM and lost to Saint Leo
After a dissapointing loss Wednesday to Carver College, the Albany State men’s basketball team bounced back Friday with a win against Auburn University at Montgomery but slipped up again Saturday in a loss to Saint Leo University.
The Falcons are not in the playoff picture but are looking for their first back-to-back victories in a season gone wrong.
Westwood Lady Wildcats upset Crisp Academy in Cordele
Westwood, the defending GISA Class AA state champs, hadn’t beaten powerhouse Crisp Academy in coach Jenni Smith’s seven years as head coach, but on Friday Westwood snapped that streak with a 42-39 victory. (ADDS: Results from Seminole boys, Deerfield-Windsor girls, Sherwood boys and girls, Bainbridge boys, Worth County boys and Lee County girls)
Westover's boys, girls hoops teams sweep Terrell County
The Westover boys basketball team rode a big second quarter run to an easy 91-52 victory Saturday night at home against the Terrell County Greenwave.
The Herald previews girls basketball teams from Deerfield-Windsor, Southland, Sherwood Christian, Southwest Georgia Academy, Terrell Academy, Westwood and Crisp Academy.
- PREP BASKETBALL ROUNDUP: Westwood girls beat Crisp in battle of state champs
- PREP HOOPS PREVIEW: GISA girls preview capsules
- PREP HOOPS PREVIEW: GISA boys preview capsules
- PREP HOOPS PREVIEW: GHSA girls preview capsules
- PREP HOOPS PREVIEW: GHSA boys preview capsules
- PREP HOOPS PREVIEW: Dougherty County teams hoping state title drought ends this season
- FRIDAY'S PREP BASKETBALL ROUNDUP:Westover girls survive double-OT thriller
- Crisp County's Cooks hits game-winner to beat Monroe in OT
- Georgia coach Mark Richt visits Westover with eyes on DT Trent Thompson
- TUESDAY'S PREP HOOPS ROUNDUP: Ward's game-winner lifts Dougherty over Crisp
- Packers rally to beat Falcons without Rodgers
- PREVIEW: Falcons prepare for Rodgers-less Packers
- Daring rookie Alford getting turnovers for Falcons
- Hawks begin important homestand
- Falcons preparing for Packers QB Rodgers
- Falcons hope to take battling spirit to Green Bay
- Forced fumbles help Falcons fly by Bills in overtime
- PREVIEW: Falcons looking to snap five-game skid
- Korver’s 3-point streak on hold with rib injury
- Weatherspoon asking Falcons’ defense to step up
- Georgia Tech to face Ole Miss in bowl
- Bulldogs headed back to Jacksonville for bowl game
- Auburn and Florida State to play in final BCS title game
- Auburn runs past Missouri in SEC title game
- LOCAL COLLEGE HOOPS ROUNDUP: ASU men split weekend basketball games
- Westover boys, girls rout Terrell County
- PREVIEW: Surprise SEC title matchup features Auburn, Missouri
- Four Darton soccer players named All-Americans
- Auburn coach Malzahn took backroads to Atlanta
- Georgia AD McGarity reflects on football season