Top Sports stories
After jumping all over RTCA in first, Crisp rolls to easy win
The Lady Wildcats will chase their fourth straight state championship today after destroying Robert Toombs in Friday’s GISA Class A state semifinals.
Lady Rams beat Clark Atlanta, 70-58
After falling behind by seven points in the second half, the Lady Rams storm back to clinch a spot in today’s SIAC championship game. (ADDS: Albany State men eliminated, Georgia Southwestern men advance in conference tournaments)
Crawford Berry wins the 3-meter diving gold medal
Darton State College sophomore Crawford Berry renewed his reign as the 3-meter diving national champion at the NJCAA swimming and diving championships in Fort Pierce, Fla.
Braves pitchers Alex Wood and Freddy Garcia are competing for the final spot in Atlanta’s rotation.
American Patrick Reed grabbed a one-shot lead at the end of the rain-delayed opening round of the WGC-Cadillac Championship on Friday while Tiger Woods saved his day with a blazing finish.
Lady Eagles take control in second half, advance to meet Randolph-Clay in Class A public school state championship game on Thursday.
After Randolph-Clay’s fans called them out, the Lady Eagles earned the right to meet them in the state championiship game.
Sometimes it’s all about happenstance, simply being in the right place at the right time. That’s just as true when it comes to outdoor life as it is in any other endeavor.
Bass fishing is good at Seminole and George
Weekly reports on how they’re biting at Southwest Georgia lakes and rivers.
Top-seeded Lady Red Devils take control early and win easily over Claxton in Class A public school semifinals at Savannah State on Saturday.
Cougars end season at 25-3, falling behind in the third quarter and never catching back up.
Nearly 1,500 runners from 40 states participate in the 8th annual event, which is conducted in nearly perfect weather conditions
After a couple of years of wet and cold weather, it was sunshine and perfect weather for the 8th annual Albany Marathon Powered by Snickers.
Westwood, Crisp will play in next weekend’s Final 4 at Mercer
Defending state champions Westwood and Crisp Academy are now two wins away from adding another state title to their growing collections. (ADDS: Deerfield girls, Southland girls, TAE girls eliminated)
Lady Jets advance to region title game
On Friday, the Lady Jets continued their dominance in the postseason with a 72-54 win against defending region champ Darton in the semifinal round.
Four Southwest Georgia teams to play in state semifinals
The Westover and Calhoun County boys and Randolph-Clay and Mitchell County girls are trying to end a nine-year state title drought in Southwest Georgia.
The Randolph-Clay boys and Bainbridge boys are eliminated in the Elite 8
The Calhoun County boys and Mitchell County girls both end long Final 4 droughts with victories on Thursday. (ADDS: Randolph-Clay boys, Bainbridge boys lose)
Eagles advance to GISA Class AA Elite 8
Terrell Academy’s Jared Sauls banked in a 3-pointer at the buzzer to send the Eagles to a thrilling 65-64 victory and into the Elite 8.
The loss snaps a 20-game winning streak for the Hornets
After Laney High School’s girls stunned Pelham’s Lady Hornets earlier on Thursday, Laney’s boys shocked the Pelham boys in overtime, 78-74, in the Class AA state quarterfinals at Pelham High School.
The Patriots are the final Albany city school remaining
Thursday night the Patriots signed, sealed and delivered one of the school’s biggest wins, triumphing over the Glenn Hills Spartans at home, 68-51, to claim a spot in the Class AAAA Final Four.
Briunna Freeman led Pelham with 15 points
The Pelham girls fall in the final minute of their state quarterfinal game against Laney.
Dee Barber led the Knights with 15 points
The Knights survive in ovetime to advance to the GISA Class AAA Elite 8
- Crisp Academy girls cruise into GISA Class A finals
- Westwood girls hold on, top Arlington Christian in state semis
- CHAMPS!!!: Randolph-Clay girls dominate Mitchell County for state title
- Mitchell County's 'special season' ends in heartbreak
- STATE CHAMPIONSHIP NOTEBOOK: Randolph-Clay coach Acree drinks sweet tea from championship cup
- Turner County’s comeback falls just short in boys Class A title game
- STATE CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW: Mitchell County girls hoping to make history with first title
- STATE CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW: Adversity helped Randolph-Clay girls back to title game
- Oak Mountain ends Crisp Academy's season in GISA Final 4
- Sherwood fires boys basketball coach Bryan Gelfand
- BRAVES NOTEBOOK: Wood driven by competition and skeptics
- Former Brave Hudson turns to next chapter of his career
- Hawks' defensive struggles early prove costly
- Graham grateful to be back on mound for Braves
- After elbow surgeries, Braves’ Beachy feels good
- Hawks have needs as trade deadline approaches
- Hawks' Millsap has proved himself an All-Star
- City of Albany terminates lease with Panthers (UPDATED: 7:50 p.m.)
- Braves re-sign Freeman, Heyward
- Seahawks rout Broncos for Super Bowl title
- Darton diver Crawford Berry wins another NJCAA title
- LOCAL COLLEGE HOOPS ROUNDUP: Albany State women advance to SIAC title game
- Lady Rams advance to conference quarterfinals
- Darton State College divers set to defend national titles
- Darton, Georgia Southwestern can't catch Eastern Florida State in final round of Doublegate Invitational
- LOCAL COLLEGE ROUNDUP: Darton, GSW golf tied for 2nd at Doublegate Invite
- South Georgia Tech downs Darton in region semifinal
- Darton wrestling hoping to make history at nationals
- Lady Cavs advance to Region XVII semifinals
- Albany State gets 'signature win' vs. rival Fort Valley State