Top Sports stories
Rams play exhibition game against Xavier University of Louisiana
With the uncertainty of losing eight players from last season’s squad to graduation, the Rams won’t have a head coach after Chris Cameron resigned.
Gurley continues to practice and will finish the season
As a draft-eligible junior and projected Top 10 NFL pick, Todd Gurley could choose to forego the rest of the season to begin training for the next level and becoming a multi-millionaire without the risking injury while completing his junior season.
Candidates this week are Emory McKenzie, Garet Morrell, Malik Rhodes, Jysanti Richardson
Online voting for the Player of the Week continues through noon Thursday.
Even with no title on the line, game is still important
No matter what happens on Saturday in the Fountain City Classic in Columbus, ASU will meet the Tuskegee-Miles College winner on Nov. 15 in the SIAC Championship game in Montgomery.
SPORTS BRIEFS: Albany State's Kenyan Conner inducted into Thomasville-Thomas County Sports Hall of Fame
Former TCC standout was also a strong player for Albany State
ADDS: Darton golfers top national poll, Darton wrestling team to host tournament
Former governor and football letterman died Sunday
As governor, Carl Sanders was always looking out for his university whenever he had the opportunity.
Harvick ends season strong for first Sprint Cup championship
Kevin Harvick was a worthy winner of NASCAR’s revamped Chase for the Sprint Cup championship, which successfully put the emphasis on victories over the final two races.
Eagles are 8-3 heading into their season finale
With an expanded stadium and new team facilities ready to open, Willie Fritz said he was given wide latitude to do what he felt needed to be done to bring the program into its new era in the Sun Belt Conference and FBS-level competition.
Lester interested in playing in Atlanta
Jon Lester is being pursued by at least a half-dozen teams, with the Cubs, Blue Jays and his longtime former team, the Red Sox, expected to engage in a bidding war that some believe will push the price tag closer to $25 million annually.
Earl Farnum scored 23 points in victory
ADDS: Darton’s Armbrister named GCAA Player of the Week; Georgia Tech’s Smelter, Davis named ACC Player of the Week
Guard helped Pelham to Class AA state quarterfinals in 2013-14
Briunna Freeman averaged 18 points, 8.5 rebounds and 2.3 steals per game and led the Lady Hornets to a 27-1 record last season.
Crimson Tide surges to top after beating Mississippi State
The top four teams as selected by a 12-person panel will earn berths in the inaugural college football semifinals to be played in the Sugar Bowl and the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1.
New playoff format accomplished everything NASCAR officials hoped
Under a formula that was touted to put more emphasis on winning, Kevin Harvick claimed his first series championship by winning the season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Sunday.
Bryant's four field goals help Falcons beat Panthers
The Falcons (4-6) clearly won the kicking game as Carolina’s Graham Gano missed a 46-yard field goal with 1:27 remaining and then had a desperation 63-yarder blocked as time expired.
Braves re-aquire reliever Arodys Vizcaino
Sunday’s trade was another sign the Atlanta Braves are making moves with an eye toward 2017 and beyond.
Atlanta also receives minor league pitcher Tyrell Jenkins in the deal
The Atlanta Braves trade Gold Glove right fielder Jason Heyward and short reliever Jordan Walden for St. Louis starting pitcher Shelby Miller and a minor leaguer.
Head football coach Otis Covington will be promoted to athletic director
Eddie Dixon, who helped oversee the school’s move from the Georgia Independent Schools Association (GISA) into the Georgia Independent Christian Athletic Association (GICAA), will remain with the school through the end of the month.
After Cincinnati Bengals tight end Jermaine Gresham scored a touchdown in the third quarter against the New Orleans Saints, he casually tossed the ball to the only Bengals fan he saw. It was a woman wearing an A.J. Green jersey.
In his first game game from suspension, Gurley rushed for 138 yards
Todd Gurley energized the Bulldog crowd the first time he touched the ball against Auburn, racing 105 yards on a kickoff return before the play was nullified by a penalty
Albany Tech women drop close game to Denmark Tech
Trio of local school competed in the Albany Tech Classic at Albany State
- Lee County High School Basketball Game LIVE from Gwinnett County Tuesday afternoon
- Lee County High School Basketball Game LIVE from Gwinnett County tonight
- Albany High boys top Dougherty; Monroe pounds Westover
- Defending region girls champion Monroe tops Westover 47-43
- Sherwood Christian wins GICAA state football championship: VIDEO
- Deerfield Windsor Falls to Westfield 28-7 in GISA State Semifinal
- Archer ends Lee County’s dream season
- Calhoun County tops Mitchell County in thriller
- Ground game strong for Sherwood, Calvary
- Sherwood Christian aims for school's first state football championship
- Familiar issues continue to haunt Atlanta Falcons
- Atlanta Falcons fall to Cleveland on last-second field goal
- Atlanta Falcons secondary faces big test against Cleveland Browns
- Former Falcons offensive lineman Mike Kenn a Hall of Fame semifinalist
- Atlanta Braves to meet with free agent pitcher Jon Lester
- Saints fan steals football intended for female Bengals fan | VIDEO
- Falcons hold on to top Carolina
- Matt Ryan becomes more vocal as Falcons' losses pile up
- Buster Posey mystery guest at Lee County Chamber of Commerce dinner | PHOTOS
- Atlanta Braves could go rebuild mode
- Justin Scott-Wesley makes his presence known for UGA
- Alabama Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers can now focus entirely on Iron Bowl
- Resilient FSU faces another test in Florida
- Hutson Mason on record accuracy pace for Georgia
- Auburn Tigers snap two-game losing streak with win over Samford
- Georgia Bulldogs score early and often to pound Charleston Southern
- Late field goal sends FSU past Boston College
- Alabama tunes up for Auburn by routing Western Carolina
- Duke’s loss sends Georgia Tech into ACC title game
- Auburn hosts Pat Sullivan-led Samford
- Westover's Trent Thompson commits to Georgia
- Westover defensive tackle Trent Thompson
- Johnny Seabrooks' retirement ceremony