Top Sports stories
After 25 years as the respected head coach of state power Lee County High School, longtime face of the Trojans baseball program, Rob Williams, is finally ready to pass the torch.
Former Lee County and current GSW golf star Nate Gahman struggles during the second round of NCAA nationals, but he’s still only four shots out of the Top 10.
Albany State basketball coach Chris Cameron has added to his list of youth basketball camps, which will begin as early as June 2, while the school also has a football camp and golf outing planned.
NFL NOTEBOOK: Falcons get $200M loan to build new stadium, sign tight end; San Fran gets 2016 Super Bowl
The Falcons' new stadium project is full-speed ahead after the owners approve a huge $200M loan Tuesday.
Golf's governing bodes announce that anchoring the club in making a stroke will be banned effective Jan. 1, 2016.
It was supposed to be the second coming of the "Bash Brothers" when siblings B.J. and Justin Upton were signed by the Braves this offseason, but so far Justin is the only one producing.
Braves rookie pitcher Julio Teheran continues to be good, but he gets no run support Tuesday night in a 2-0 loss to the
Andrew Wiggins, the consensus No. 1 high school basketball prospect in the country, opts not to follow in his mother’s and father’s footsteps and attend Florida State, instead choosing Kansas on Tuesday following a nationally televised announcement.
The Cavs play well in their two practice round before the NJCAA national tournament, but mistakes during the first round Tuesday has Darton tied for 11th out of 24 teams.
Miami holds host Chicago to 25.7 percent shooting to take a 3-1 lead in the Eastern Conference semifinal series. (ADDS: Thunder-Grizzlies)
Justin Upton celebrates his return to Arizona with his 13th home run, leading Atlanta to a 10-1 victory.
After serving as the interim coach of the Albany State baseball team for the past three years, Kenyan Conner finally gets the interim tag removed on Monday. (ADDS: GISA Class AAA state golf meet)
Justin Upton leads the MLB in home runs, but entering Monday night’s game, he hadn’t hit one in his last 14 games.
At 32, Michael Vick is the oldest player on the Eagles’ roster and currently splitting snaps with QB Nick Foles.
Nobody on Darton’s five-man roster has played in the NJCAA national tournament before, but Cavs coach Bill Jones III still thinks his team has the potential to bring home a title.
Undrafted linebackers Nick Clancy and Joplu Bartu shine at the Falcons’ weekend rookie mini-camp and earn spots on the team’s roster.
The early moments of former Seminole County star and Georgia grad Bacarri Rambo’s NFL career have been special as he settles in with the Washington Redskins.
Serena Williams stops Maria Sharapova from taking her No. 1 ranking with a straight-set victory in the Madrid Open, while Rafael Nadal beats Stan Wawrinka to win the men’s title.
Sergio Garcia knocks three balls in the water in the final two holes as Tiger Woods wins his first TPC championship in a dozen years.
Golden State rallies to force overtime then dominates the final five minutes to even the series at 2-2 as the teams head back to San Antonio.
Kyle Busch dominated late Saturday night under the lights at Darlington, but Matt Kenseth comes on late to win his third race of the year.
- Posey, Trojan Nation: Coach Williams will be missed 1 comment
- Lights out 1 comment
- Hoping for history
- GISA ELITE 8: Edmund Burke ends Terrell Academy’s season; SGA, Southland knocked out
- GISA ELITE 8: Deerfield sweeps into Final 4
- GISA ELITE 8: Crisp Academy baseball advances to Final 4
- GISA ELITE 8 PREVIEW: Deerfield hits road for series vs. rival Westfield
- Gut-check time
- Former Deerfield star, Herald Player of the Year Crews locks up golf scholarship at Coastal
- PREVIEW: Area GISA baseball teams open play in Elite 8 today
- Gattis, Freeman clutch in Braves' win vs. Twins 1 comment
- Upton on miserable batting average: 'I'm trying, man' 1 comment
- NFL NOTEBOOK: Falcons get $200M loan to build new stadium, sign tight end; San Fran gets 2016 Super Bowl
- Belly putters banned from professional golf
- Braves open series vs. Twins with rout, 4th straight win 2 comments
- NFL NOTEBOOK: Vick calls critics ‘ignorant’; Ochocinco arrested 2 comments
- MLB NOTEBOOK: With O’Flaherty done, Braves’ relievers must step up
- NBA PLAYOFFS: Spurs spank Griz in opener of West finals
- Braves call up heralded reliever Rasmus — but debut on hold
- Braves complete sweep as Dodgers' bullpen collapses
- Albany State set to host plethora of summertime sports programs
- Bear of a career
- Gahman slips to T-26th after Day 2 of NCAA D-II nationals
- GSW’s Gahman rallies for Top 10 finish on Day 1 of NCAA Nationals
- Perno out as Georgia’s head baseball coach
- Four GSW athletes, including ex-Crisp star Cromer, named to PBC All-Academic team
- Georgia, Georgia Tech golf teams advance to NCAA Division I National Championship
- Former Lee County star Gahman ready to close career at nationals
- BULLDOGS NOTEBOOK: UGA’s Grantham, UF’s Muschamp in war of words
- Darton golf turns in worst finish at nationals in 10 years