Top Danny Aller stories
It's been rumored for weeks that the Thrashers were leaving Georgia for greener pastures in Canada, and Tuesday it happened as Atlanta became the only city to ever lose two NHL teams in the modern era of the league.
In a finish nearly as crazy as the Indy 500's improbable ending, Dale Earnhardt Jr. runs out of gas in the final turn of Sunday night's Coca-Cola 600, allowing Kevin Harvick to win the Sprint Cup Series race at Charlotte.
More Danny Aller
Freddie Freeman hits a walk-off, two-run homer in the bottom of the ninth to lift the Braves past the Mets early Tuesday morning in a game that was delayed nearly four hours before the opening pitch.
Leesburg's Nate Gahman finished tied for 10th in the Southeastern Amateur, one of the top amateur golf tournaments in the nation.
Miami will try to avoid falling in the NBA Finals for the second time in three years in tonight’s Game 6 vs. the Spurs.
Saturday’s loss to Lehigh Valley means the Albany Panthers will have to win back-to-back games on the road to clinch a third straight league title, but it’s a challenge the 6-5 Panthers are up to.
Former Georgia Bulldog Alex Wood, Atlanta’s second-round pick in 2012, will get his first big-league start today. (ADDS: Notes on Freeman, B.J. Upton and Justin Upton)
Tiger Woods’ last major championship victory came in 2008, and many are wondering if the greatest player of this generation will ever win another.
Herald guest columnist Loran Smith writes about Phil Mickelson’s collapse at the U.S. Open and how Lefty’s clock is ticking in his quest to win golf’s second major.
When most of us experience tough times, it becomes difficult to see past our own circumstances. We may shut down and feel sorry for ourselves or even angry at others.
For more squawks, pick up a copy of today's Albany Herald!
For more brights, pick up a copy of today's Herald!
Hillary Clinton is now on Twitter.
There’s a fundamental conflict at the heart of the Senate debate over the Gang of Eight comprehensive immigration reform bill. Most Republicans believe a policy to integrate 11 million currently illegal immigrants into American society must be conditioned on stronger border security and internal enforcement. Most Democrats don’t. At bottom, that’s what the fight is about.
Among the winners at the Kennedy Center event in Washington, D.C., was Roger Ailes, chairman of Fox News, the bete noire to the broadcast networks and other media elites.
Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker and Danny Green combine to score 74 points to lead the Spurs to a 114-104 victory in Game 5 of the NBA Finals against the Miami Heat, giving San Antonio a 3-2 series lead.
Atlanta's Julio Teheran tosses six shutout innings and strikes out eight Giants to lead the Braves to a 3-0 win late Sunday night.
- Albany Tech assistant basketball coach arrested on pot charge
- NBA FINALS: Heat beat Spurs in OT, force Game 7
- Not this time
- BRAVES NOTEBOOK: Gattis put on DL with strained oblique
- Freeman becoming Mr. Walk-Off for Braves
- UGA NOTEBOOK: Georgia's depth in secondary being tested
- FALCONS NOTEBOOK: TE Gonzalez named PFWA Good Guy
- Falcons’ Koetter finally has control of offense
- It happened in Memphis
- Southern Soul puts soul in barbecue
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Discretionary tax fund 'list' a must for local leaders 1 comment
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- Commissioners bid adieu to the mayor in their own unique fashion 3 comments
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper
- First election prediction? There will be a runoff
- Voting: That was easy
- Edwards' little tax problem 2 comments