Top Loran Smith stories
A lucky Albany Herald reader will win $1,000 worth of free gas from Homerun Foods to help make summer days a whole lot cooler.- Carlton Fletcher, metro editor
It's been rumored for weeks that the Thrashers were leaving Georgia for greener pastures in Canada, and Tuesday it happened as Atlanta became the only city to ever lose two NHL teams in the modern era of the league.
More Loran Smith
Easter is about celebrating the One who gives us hope that something better awaits us when this life is done. A miraculous day. A joyous day. That is what Easter is really about. I wish we would all remember that.
Virginia Loretta Pinder is being sought by Dougherty County authorities
Virginia Loretta Pineda, 46, of Putney, is wanted on eight theft charges.
Antonio M. Chitty, died Friday April 11th, 2014 at Southeast Alabama Medical center, Dothan Alabama.
Mrs. Mary Frances Fralick, 97 of Flowery Branch, Georgia passed away Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 at New-Horizons-Limestone, following an extended illness.
Helen Joyce Lee 83, of Albany died April 18, 2014 at Willson Hospice House. Funeral arrangements to be announced by Kimbrell-Stern Funeral Directors.
Vicki Leonard, died April 15th, 2014, at Willson Hospice House.
Vessie Brinson Newberry, 84, of Bainbridge, GA, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014 at Memorial Hospital.
Sis. Beulah Dean Calloway Norwood, 51 of Atlanta, GA and formerly of Dawson, GA died on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at her residence.
Betty Foxworth Watson, 74, of Leesburg, GA died Thursday, April 17, 2014 at her residence.
Willie D. Winns, 84, of Winns Funeral Home, died April 13, 2014.
David Shealie Hautman, Jr., 92, passed away at home after an extended illness on Thursday, April 17, 2014.
Sammy L. Sheard, Sr., 72, of Albany died, Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Phoebe Sumter Medical Center in Americus.
Pamela Faye Johnson
Calvin McCray, died Wednesday, April 9th 2014 at Medical Center Barbour, Eufaula Alabama.
Dorothy Oliver Bozeman, 64, of Sylvester, GA died Wednesday April 16, 2014 at her residence.
- YARBROUGH: A reminder of what Easter is really about
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Misguided missionaries mar Masters
- CAL THOMAS: Chicken Little science proponents cluck louder
- KATHLEEN PARKER: Erase the race card
- SOWELL: Comparison of men vs. women pay is statistical fraud
- CARLTON FLETCHER: Politics 2014 -- Spell president with a capital 'D'
- LORAN SMITH: Bubba worthy of second green jacket
- THOMAS: Sebelius is the definition of a scapegoat
- E.J. DIONNE: A program Republicans should love
- KATHLEEN PARKER: Stephen Colbert no threat to the heartland
Features Analysis and Opinion
- T. GAMBLE: Rights break out right and left
- MANDY FLYNN: You have arrived eventually
- BARRY LEVINE: The end of Beatlemania
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back, April 13, 2014
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Kuyper provides great example of building bridges
- T. GAMBLE: Fathead unravels spring cleaning chore
- RONDA RICH: A Southern conversion
- Website offers unique social opportunities
- MANDY FLYNN: Purses! Foiled again!
- MARY BRASWELL: Looking Back, April 6, 2014
- Phillies' Burnett outduels Braves' Wood for 1-0 victory
- Terrell County runs away with Region 1-A track & field titles
- Westover sweeps Region 1-AAAA meet; Bainbridge boys take 1-AAAAA title
- Darton baseball crushes ABAC for 15th straight win
- Teheran allows three hits in Braves' 1-0 win vs. Phillies
- BRAVES NOTEBOOK: Johnson back in lineup, moved to seventh spot
- Deerfield-Windsor track & field teams roll to region titles
- Major League Soccer coming to Atlanta
- COLLEGE ROUNDUP: Darton baseball, softball keep winning streaks alive
- BRAVES NOTEBOOK: Pitcher Santana making the most of his opportunity
- Standard & Poor's bumps up SYNOVUS credit rating
- Can this phone revolutionize the smart phone market?
- New Waffle House going up near Darton 5 comments
- MUTED: New law could end annoying TV commercial blaring 1 comment
- Want a pricey cup o' Java? Bring in the elephants
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Some people take voting just a bit too seriously 1 comment
- Barack Obama was born in Kenya! (And so was Mitt Romney) no kidding...
- The world will not end no matter what happens with this election 1 comment
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Dougherty County 2014-15 Teacher of the Year Named
- Gov. Nathan Deal signs SB 349 in Albany
- Sandra Masters - 2014-15 Dougherty County School System Teacher of the Year Finalist