Game will be Tech’s first game in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff game series
The two teams will play Sept. 4, 2017, on Labor Day night, the second of two college games at the new Falcons stadium that weekend, with Alabama-Florida State on Sept. 2.
Path was started during lake home remodeling project in Georgia
The home builder Nick Saban hired was Chuck Moore, whose uncle, Mal Moore, was the Crimson Tide athletic director whose dogged pursuit eventually succeeded — with an assist from Saban’s wife, Terry.
Violation was for making public comment about graduate transfer Patrick Skov
In reporting the violation, the school classified it as a Level III violation, defined as a breach of conduct that is isolated or limited in nature and provides “no more than a minimal recruiting, competitive or other advantage.”
Alabama picked to win West, Auburn picked to win 2015 SEC Championship
In the annual media vote, Georgia was the clear choice to win the East, receiving 166 first-place votes, with the rest of the division combining for 59.
Bulldogs will have new offensive coordinator, quarterback this season
There are still other questions on the offense, even in areas of perceived strength, that Mark Richt and the Bulldogs quickly hope to answer early in preseason practice.
The University of Georgia will introduce its newest mascot, Uga X, at a yet-to-be announced date during the upcoming football season.
Tigers defense ranked ninth in SEC last year
Fired by Florida, Will Muschamp is regarded as one of the best defensive minds in the country, with the energy and wits to stand toe-to-toe with his new practice field peer, Auburn play-caller and head coach Gus Malzahn.
Former FSU quarterback was dismissed from team
The video showing the incident was released on Monday by state attorney Willie Meggs shows the two pushing each other at the crowded bar, after which the woman begins yelling at Johnson and raised her right fist.
Phillip Lutzenkirchen was tragically killed June 29, 2014
Philip Lutzenkirchen, the former Auburn tight end and Iron Bowl hero, was one of two people killed a year ago Monday when the 2006 Chevy Tahoe they were riding in sped through a stop sign in rural Troup County, Georgia, hit an embankment and flipped several times.
Georgia has big plans for former Westover High Standout
Trent Thompson secretly committed to Georgia, meaning his recruitment really was over before it started.
Madden and his family believes it was divine intervention that brought him to UGA
You might not believe in divine intervention, but Sam Madden and his family certainly do. It’s the only way this close-knit Christian family from New Jersey can explain all the unexpected events that led not only to Madden being at the University of Georgia on a football scholarship, but the entire family now residing in the state as well.
The band needs $250,000 to march in the 2016 Tournament of Roses Parade
To cover the nearly $250,000 needed to march in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Albany State University’s marching band has launched a GoFundMe website. ASU has set a goal of $50,000 by September 1.
The Lea Henry/Darton Team Camp hosted 25 teams this week
The teams came in from Florida, Alabama and throughout Georgia to compete in the two-day camp with each team playing three games a day.
Roquan Smith’s real-life personality is not anything like what has been publicly projected
A trip to rural southwest Georgia to catch up with Roquan Smith confirmed that he’s about as far from Hollywood as one could be, physically and metaphorically.
Game will be played in Dublin on Sept. 3
The official announcement was made in Dublin Thursday by Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny, Dublin Mayor Christy Burke and officials from Aer Lingus (the game’s title sponsor), the Ireland tourism bureau and Boston College.
- Xtreme Whippets 99 captures national championship
- Albany Dizzy Dean 9U All-Star team finishes second at World Series
- SPORTS BRIEFS: Albany Dizzy Dean 10U All-Stars fall
- John Smoltz thanks 'an army' of supporters during Hall of Fame speech
- Ian Poulter says Jordan Spieth could be best putter ever
- William Moore hopes to lead Atlanta Falcons' defensive resurgence
- With Smoltz added, Braves ‘Big Three’ now all in at HOF
- One Albany team remains in the hunt for a Dizzy Dean title
- Dougherty County football teams hit the field
- Prescribed fire good for all concerned
- Hugh Mills Stadium makeover becoming a reality | PHOTO GALLERY
- Deerfield-Windsor School wins Drake Award
- BOYS TRACK ATHLETE OF THE YEAR: Mitchell County's McKinely West
- GIRLS TRACK ATHLETE OF THE YEAR: Deerfield-Windsor's Tarah Young
- ALBANY HERALD ALL-AREA TRACK & FIELD TEAM: Albany Herald’s 2015 All-Area Track & Field Team
- Local girls team benefit from Darton camp
- Lee County quarterback Garet Morrell commits to Marshall
- ALBANY HERALD ALL-AREA BASEBALL TEAM: Albany Herald’s 2015 All-Area Baseball Team
- RAY KNIGHT BASEBALL PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Worth County’s Denzell Gowdy
- Sherwood’s Chad Evans named new football coach
- Atlanta Braves lose second straight to Chicago Cubs
- Kyle Busch wins third race in last four tries
- BRITISH OPEN: Dustin Johnson still in lead after second round delayed by rain
- Carl Edwards takes pole at New Hampshire
- Serena Williams under no pressure to complete Grand Slam
- Alex Wood leads Atlanta Braves past Pittsburgh
- Bubba Watson wins Travelers in playoff
- Kyle Busch wins at Sonoma Raceway
- Jordan Spieth's victory at U.S. Open put all four majors in the hands of golf''s young guns
- Report says Pete Rose bet on baseball as a player