Wrestling, cross country and swimming will be club sports
Mike Kiefer noted that all other sports have already buckled down in terms of spending and with the additional changes, an estimated $200,000 dollars will be saved.
Jackets end season with 12-19 record
Former Tift County standout Tadric Jackson led the way with 16 points while Charles Mitchell scored 14 and grabbed 11 rebounds for Georgia Tech.
Lady Rams draw No. 8 seed
Albany State will be the No. 8 seed and will open against the No. 1 seed and tournament host Union University (26-3) from the Gulf South Conference.
Mecca Frost scores 26 to help ASU top Benedict 74-64
Albany State women win 13th straight game to capture SIAC Tournament title
Bulldogs win 64-61, earn 20th victory of season
The Bulldogs finish with a school-record six SEC road victories.
Lady Rams hammer Kentucky State 79-64
Albany State earned a spot in the SIAC tournament championship game today against Benedict.
Lady Rams win 68-62 to advance to SIAC Tournament semifinals
The Lady Rams will take on Kentucky State, a team they fell to 61-52 earlier this season.
The Lady Rams will face Stillman College today at 4:15 p.m.
The Albany State Lady Rams quarterfinal matchup against Stillman College was postponed to today.
Lady Rams have won 10 straight heading into SIAC Tournament
The Albany State women will play the Stillman Lady Tigers, who defeated Clark 74-63 Tuesday night.
Rams fall 80-63 in SIAC Tournament first round
Chris Wheeler’s 19 points led Albany State which had no other players in double-figure scoring.
Cavaliers finish six strokes behind Eastern Florida State
The Cavaliers shot the lowest team score in Tuesday’s third and final round, beating EFSC by seven strokes.
The Darton men’s golf team trails Eastern Florida State by 13 strokes
Dalton State College and Central Alabama Community College are both right behind Darton, trailing by only five strokes at 590.
Hot-shooting Lady Jets build big lead early
South Georgia Tech almost shot better from behind the 3-point line than the free throw line in the first half, finishing 10 of 14 from deep and 3 of 4 from the charity stripe.
Bulldogs used a dominant defensive effort to overcome an uneven offensive showing
Cameron Forte and J.J. Frazier added 10 points apiece off the bench for Georgia (19-9, 10-6 SEC).
Tigers survive blowing 23-point first-half lead
Marcus Georges-Hunt poured in 20 points to lead the Yellow Jackets, who missed their first 14 shots before rallying to tie the game at 60 on two Josh Heath free throws with 37.5 seconds left.
- Carl Edwards, Gibbs Racing looks to build on success of Race Weeks
- LeBron says Dellavedova undeserving of ‘bad rap’
- Maybin right at home in Atlanta
- LeBron carries Cavs to overtime win over Hawks, 3-0 series lead
- Braves over .500 on the season
- Steelers’ Rooney sees NFL games in Mexico, Germany
- Stirring charge gives Montoya second Indy 500
- BOB KORNEGAY: Sometimes the catching really is important
- Hawks’ season has turned into nightmare
- Braves defeat Brewers in extra innings
- Deerfield-Windsor beats Pinewood Christian to advance to state championship series
- Deerfield-Windsor splits Class AAA semifinal series with Pinewood Christian
- Mitchell County track standout West signed letter-of-intent with Barton Junior College in Kansas
- Deerfield-Windsor's Toole brothers share unique bond
- Sherwood's Steven Tosky signs with Hiram College
- Ga Tech’s Ted Roof visits Albany
- Deerfield-Windsor baseball sweeps past Westfield
- Americus-Sumter’s Juwan High and Dwight Harris sign scholarships
- Sherwood Christian's Key'yada Thomas signs letter-of-intent
- Westover's Antravious Parks wins state title in shot put
- Albany arena football deal inches closer
- Sports Briefly
- Phillies capitalize on Braves’ mistakes in win
- Braves trade Craig Kimbrel, Melvin Upton Jr.
- Tiger Woods will compete in the Masters
- Mike Minor's injury leaves Atlanta Braves with two rotation openings
- Atlanta Braves outfield positions suddenly up for grabs
- Atlanta Hawks get routed by Toronto Raptors at home
- Position battles at Atlanta Braves’ spring training
- Atlanta Hawks rebound with win over Wizards