Cavaliers stay in winner’s bracket with 5-4 win
It wasn’t Darton’s most-impressive victory to say the least but the Cavaliers won their third straight and advanced in the winner’s bracket where they will face South Georgia at noon today.
Jarvis Small, Artisha Holston garner athletes of year awards
Cedric Ashe received The RAM Award, which is presented to the student-athlete who exhibits school spirit, dedication, leadership and service to the community.
University of Alabama honors Albany State President Art Dunning, who helped break color barrier on football team
Art Dunning and four other walk-ons became the first black players for the Crimson Tide in spring 1967
In 1967, four years after then-Gov. George Wallace’s infamous stand in the schoolhouse door, five black football players made history by walking onto the team during Alabama’s spring practice.
Cavaliers score 9-7 victory
Trailing 7-5 in the bottom of the eighth inning, the Cavaliers (34-16, 21-8 conference) scored four runs on four hits, including a two-RBI single from Cody Ilgenfritz to complete the come back.
Cavaliers win by 33 strokes to advance
The Cavaliers finished the tournament 3-under par after their 285 in the final round, which included waiting out an hour rain delay.
Conner Watt, Seth Sanders lead Cavaliers
Darton blisters the course Tuesday, finishing with a team score of 287 after firing a 292 on Monday and opening up a 29-stroke lead on second-place Georgia Northwestern.
Cavaliers lead by 12 strokes
Freshman Conner Watt shot a tournament-low 67 to pace Darton to a team score of 292, four strokes under par and a 12-stroke lead over second-place Georgia Northwestern
The good news is that Malcolm Mitchell returns after catching 31 passes last year
Former Mitchell County standout Justin Scott-Wesley started four of Georgia’s first five games in 2013 before a torn ACL ended his season.
Spartans return to Final Four
It will be the seventh Final Four for Michigan State coach Tom Izzo, who is now 21-4 in the second game of an NCAA Tournament weekend and 13-9 in the NCAA Tournament when Michigan State is the lower seed — the most lower-seeded victories in NCAA history.
Wildcats advance to fourth Final Four in past five seasons
Kentucky (38-0) will face Wisconsin (35-3) in the national semifinals next Saturday.
Bulldogs running back drew comparisons to Heisman Trophy winner
Nick Chubb took over for Todd Gurley in the fifth game when Gurley was suspended for breaking NCAA rules. and started the next eight games.
Spartans eliminate Bulldogs 70-63 in second round
To hold off Georgia, Denzel Valentine scored the last eight Michigan State points in the final 2:05.
Charles Stafford, Caleb Edmond take reps at quarterback
The Gold Crush offense was able to come back in the second half and defeat the Dirty Blue defense 34-31.
The former honor student tragically passed after a battle with meningococcal meningitis in 1998
Tuesday, Evan Bozof was further immortalized when GSW retired his number 17, fittingly on St. Patrick’s Day.
Men's basketball team celebrated making the NCAA Tournament
This will be the Bulldogs’ 12th NCAA appearance and first since 2011.
- Robert Kraft rips NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- Re-tooled Atlanta Falcons offense missing few pieces
- Third baseman Adonis Garcia packing punch for Atlanta Braves
- LORAN SMITH: Remembering the past
- NFL upholds Tom Brady's four-game suspension
- FSU's Dalvin Cook won't practice until legal matter is resolved
- Kyle Busch will make history with another NASCAR victory
- Georgia Bulldogs have fun with QBs at UGA Day
- Nick Markakis returns to Baltimore to a warm welcome
- Arizona Cardinals hailed for hiring NFL's first female coach
- Hugh Mills Stadium makeover becoming a reality | PHOTO GALLERY
- Deerfield-Windsor School wins Drake Award
- BOYS TRACK ATHLETE OF THE YEAR: Mitchell County's McKinely West
- GIRLS TRACK ATHLETE OF THE YEAR: Deerfield-Windsor's Tarah Young
- ALBANY HERALD ALL-AREA TRACK & FIELD TEAM: Albany Herald’s 2015 All-Area Track & Field Team
- Local girls team benefit from Darton camp
- Lee County quarterback Garet Morrell commits to Marshall
- ALBANY HERALD ALL-AREA BASEBALL TEAM: Albany Herald’s 2015 All-Area Baseball Team
- RAY KNIGHT BASEBALL PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Worth County’s Denzell Gowdy
- Sherwood’s Chad Evans named new football coach
- Atlanta Braves lose second straight to Chicago Cubs
- Kyle Busch wins third race in last four tries
- BRITISH OPEN: Dustin Johnson still in lead after second round delayed by rain
- Carl Edwards takes pole at New Hampshire
- Serena Williams under no pressure to complete Grand Slam
- Alex Wood leads Atlanta Braves past Pittsburgh
- Bubba Watson wins Travelers in playoff
- Kyle Busch wins at Sonoma Raceway
- Jordan Spieth's victory at U.S. Open put all four majors in the hands of golf''s young guns
- Report says Pete Rose bet on baseball as a player