Bulldogs running back drew comparisons to Heisman Trophy winner
Nick Chubb took over for Todd Gurley in the fifth game when Gurley was suspended for breaking NCAA rules. and started the next eight games.
Spartans eliminate Bulldogs 70-63 in second round
To hold off Georgia, Denzel Valentine scored the last eight Michigan State points in the final 2:05.
Charles Stafford, Caleb Edmond take reps at quarterback
The Gold Crush offense was able to come back in the second half and defeat the Dirty Blue defense 34-31.
The former honor student tragically passed after a battle with meningococcal meningitis in 1998
Tuesday, Evan Bozof was further immortalized when GSW retired his number 17, fittingly on St. Patrick’s Day.
Men's basketball team celebrated making the NCAA Tournament
This will be the Bulldogs’ 12th NCAA appearance and first since 2011.
Conner Watt leads Cavaliers with three-day total of 216
Mesa, Arizona won the tournament with an 871, seven over par, while Tyler, Texas finished second at 880, 16 strokes over.
Bulldogs advance to meet Arkansas in SEC Tournament semifinals
The Bulldogs shot 46.9 percent from the field and hit 23-of-29 free throws while compiling a 34-29 rebounding edge.
Lady Rams play one of best game of year but fall 92-83
Artisha Holston single-handedly picked apart Union’s interior defense and finished with a team-high 24 points and 10 rebounds.
ASU will take on top-seeded Union in the first round of the NCAA Division II tournament
The Albany State Lady Rams women’s basketball team hopse to go farther in the NCAA Division II tournament than they did last year.
Bowden spoke at FCA banquet at Albany First Baptist Chuch Thursday night
Bobby Bowden’s speaking event Thursday night was part of a whirlwind of stops for one of the greatest coaches of all time.
Wrestling, cross country and swimming will be club sports
Mike Kiefer noted that all other sports have already buckled down in terms of spending and with the additional changes, an estimated $200,000 dollars will be saved.
Jackets end season with 12-19 record
Former Tift County standout Tadric Jackson led the way with 16 points while Charles Mitchell scored 14 and grabbed 11 rebounds for Georgia Tech.
Lady Rams draw No. 8 seed
Albany State will be the No. 8 seed and will open against the No. 1 seed and tournament host Union University (26-3) from the Gulf South Conference.
Mecca Frost scores 26 to help ASU top Benedict 74-64
Albany State women win 13th straight game to capture SIAC Tournament title
Bulldogs win 64-61, earn 20th victory of season
The Bulldogs finish with a school-record six SEC road victories.
- BOB KORNEGAY: Nothing better than fishing
- South Georgia Beast finishes second at nationals
- After a month of play, U.S. and Japan square off in Women’s World Cup final
- Juan Uribe has been a hit with Atlanta Braves
- ATLANTA BRAVES NOTEBOOK: Julio Teheran continues to pitch well at home
- Roger Federer slips past Sam Groth at Wimbledon
- Mitchell County’s Justin Scott-Wesley has knee surgery
- TOM PURCELL: The importance of the Fourth
- NASCAR’s No. 1 couple set to marry after nearly six years together
- Braves sign two Dominican free agents
- BOYS TRACK ATHLETE OF THE YEAR: Mitchell County's McKinely West
- GIRLS TRACK ATHLETE OF THE YEAR: Deerfield-Windsor's Tarah Young
- ALBANY HERALD ALL-AREA TRACK & FIELD TEAM: Albany Herald’s 2015 All-Area Track & Field Team
- Local girls team benefit from Darton camp
- Lee County quarterback Garet Morrell commits to Marshall
- ALBANY HERALD ALL-AREA BASEBALL TEAM: Albany Herald’s 2015 All-Area Baseball Team
- RAY KNIGHT BASEBALL PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Worth County’s Denzell Gowdy
- Sherwood’s Chad Evans named new football coach
- Deerfield-Windsor sweeps Valwood for first state baseball title since 2003 | PHOTO GALLERY
- STATE CHAMPIONSHIP NOTEBOOK: Deerfield-Windsor pitchers solid in Game 2 victory
- Serena Williams under no pressure to complete Grand Slam
- Alex Wood leads Atlanta Braves past Pittsburgh
- Bubba Watson wins Travelers in playoff
- Kyle Busch wins at Sonoma Raceway
- Jordan Spieth's victory at U.S. Open put all four majors in the hands of golf''s young guns
- Report says Pete Rose bet on baseball as a player
- Atlanta Hawks agree to buyout with Danny Ferry
- FBI, Justice Department investigating Cardinals' hack into Astros' database
- Mets stay positive and complete comeback over Braves
- Busch takes rain-shortened Quicken Loans 400