The Albany State softball team opens NCAA Regionals with a challenging game against reigning national champ Valdosta State, but the Lady Rams are ready after surviving a wild conference tourney just to get here.
It’s been less than a week since Uyl Joyner stepped down as offensive coordinator at Albany State, and coach Mike White has dozens of candidates knocking on his door about the job.
The Rams will kick off the 2013 football season in four months, and suddenly they find themselves with no offensive coordinator or starting quarterback.
Albany State defensive lineman Justin Blash will try out for the New York Giants, while running back Nathan Hoyte and wide receiver Ronnie Tubbs will attend the New Orleans Saints rookie mini-camp.
Albany State's pitchers can't find the strike zone during their elimination game Friday against Miles College, and the No. 1-seeded Rams are eliminated from the conference tournament after a 14-1 rout.
One day after being ranked a program-best No. 9 in the NJCAA national poll, the Darton baseball team loses to Middle Georgia, 11-1. (ADDS: ASU baseball, Darton softball, DWS golf, DWS baseball)
Albany State third-year baseball coach Kenyan Conner is named the conference’s Coach of the Year on Wednesday — then his No. 1 seeded Rams are stunned in their tourney opener. (ADDS: note on ASU's Conner being named the conference Coach of the Year).
The Rams’ baseball team is looking for is first conference title in three years, and head coach Kenyan Conner thinks his team has the pitching and the hitting to bring the title back to Albany State.
The Albany State Lady Rams softball team wins six games in two days, including three on Sunday, to capture the first conference title.
The GSW softball team is eliminated in the opening round of the PBC tournament after the Lady Hurricane's best regular season in the NCAA-era. (ADDS: ASU softball, Darton softball, Darton baseball, GSW golf)
One day after losing its conference tournament opener to Fort Valley State for the second consecutive year, the Albany State softball team keeps its season alive with an 11-0 victory against Benedict. (ADDS: GSW golf, DWS-Sherwood soccer, Westover soccer)
The ASU softball team has a bad case of déjà vu Thursday by getting upset in the conference tourney opener for the second year in a row.
ALBANY SPORTS HALL OF FAME --- CHRIS CAMERON: Local hoops legend, ASU men’s coach Cameron headed to HOF
Albany State basketball coach Chris Cameron will be inducted into the Albany Sports Hall of Fame on Monday after a decorated career that began as a star at Dougherty.
The No. 1-seeded Lady Rams’ softball team has redemption on its minds as Albany State tries to win the conference title that eluded them last season.
Albany State's Lady Rams sweep Fort Valley to earn the top-seed in the upcoming conference tournament. (ADDS ASU's baseball teams beats Benedict, 9-4, and Darton State's softball team sweeps ABAC).
- Cedric Ashe uses tackling skills off the field
- Georgia will face Tennessee quarterback Josh Dobbs for first time
- With Dalvin Cook hurting, FSU’s backup plan crucial
- Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson explains failed series
- Auburn star dismissed from team
- Georgia looks to leaders to help Bulldogs rebound
- Georgia quarterbacks moving forward
- TOP 25 FOOTBALL ROUNDUP: Second-half rally sends Ohio State past Indiana
- Alabama Crimson Tide hammers Georgia Bulldogs | PHOTOS
- Second-half surge sends Albany State past Miles College
- Valwood too much for Westwood
- Westover wins first football game of the season
- Lee County captures region softball title
- Worth County captures region softball crown
- Darton to host JUCO Women’s Basketball Jamboree
- Lee County plays host to No. 1 Colquitt County in highly-anticipated game
- Worth County travels to Bainbridge to face undefeated Bearcats
- High School Football Capsules
- ALBANY HERALD FOOTBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Baconton Charter’s Matthew Deen
- Chelsea Morrow's pitching gem helps Lee County softball earn split | PHOTOS