The 13-1 South Georgia Tech men’s basketball team wins its fifth in a row Friday the opening game of the Albany Tech Holiday Classic at the Civic Center, winning a thriller against Alabama Southern, 104-100. (ADDS: items on Darton women; Albany Tech women, men in late games Friday)
The Albany Tech men's basketball team loses its seventh straight game in brutal fashion, giving up a two-point lead with 17 seconds left and turning the ball over on its final possession. (ADDS: Albany Tech women also lose; GSW men win fourth straight)
COLLEGE HOOPS ROUNDUP: Georgia Tech's top men's hoops recruit finally joins team; Albany Tech men lose sixth straight Wednesday
Solomon Poole, a highly rated recruit from Florida, is set to join the team Saturday for his first practice.
The Lady Cavs hold Albany Tech to a season-low 40 points and bounce back from Saturday’s loss with a 62-40 win, which was powered by a high-intensity defensive attack.
The Lady Cavs and Lady Titans are both coming off Region XVII losses and looking for their stars — Darton’s Michelle Mitchell and Tech’s Lashay Lettingham — to get them back on the winning track.
Georgia Southwestern's Michael Tankersley hits a layup as time expires to give the Hurricanes a thrilling one-point win on Saturday. (ADDS: Albany Tech men lose; GSW baseball camp set)
The Albany State women's basketball team committed 24 turnovers Wednesday and lost to Columbus State, 80-52. (ADDS: Albany Tech men, women lose to Central Georgia Tech)
LOCAL COLLEGE BASKETBALL ROUNDUP: Lady Rams — playing with heavy hearts in remembrance of Bradley — wins first game of season Sunday
After learning about the death of Albany State Sports Information Director Edythe Bradley, the Lady Rams go out and get an inspirational win against Georgia Southwestern. (ADDS: Darton women, GSW men, Albany Tech men and women)
Albany Tech men's and women's teams get a pair of wins to open the 2012-13 season Thursday night with a sweep of four-year school Brewton-Parker's JV squads.
The Titans open the season today with plenty of new faces, including former Dougherty star Arabian Williams, who is ready to lead Albany Tech with his up-tempo style of play.
LOCAL SPORTS BRIEFS: Albany Tech to host hoops jamboree tonight; Albany Motor Speedway set to host championship event Saturday; prep softball state tournament roundup
The Albany Tech men’s and women’s basketball programs are hosting a five-game, preseason jamboree tonight at Albany State, while Albany Motor Speedway is gearing up for its season-ending event Saturday and Baconton, Miller and Seminole softball teams were all in action in the state tournament Thursday.
Westover’s Brandon Hudson and Dougherty’s Arabian Williams are the latest former Southwest Georgia prep stars to commit to Albany Tech.
Former Worth County star Jamorris Gaines signs with NAIA Lee University, while fellow Titans stars Terrance Noel --- a former Westover star and Herald Player of the Year --- inks with Miles and Harrison Gibson is headed to Claflin.
Albany Tech's season comes to an end with a 51-44 loss to top-seeded Georgia Perimeter in the Region XVII semifinals.
Albany Tech overcomes a three-point deficit in the final seconds and Jamorris Gaines hits a free throw with 1.7 seconds left to lift the Titans to a thrilling 57-56 victory in Tuesday’s Region XVII Tournament opener against Chattahoochee Tech. (ADDS: item South Georgia Tech men falling to Georgia Perimeter in first round, 95-60)
- ASU volleyball team stays perfect with win against Claflin
- Yellow Jackets beat Georgia in Athens, 68-56
- UGA vs. Georgia Tech: It's that time of year again
- HBCUs back off planned rally at Regents meeting 12 comments
- Trojans send seven football players to college
- LOCAL COLLEGE ROUNDUP: South Georgia Tech men win Region XVII title
- Lady Rams denied SIAC title with OT loss
- Darton diver Crawford Berry wins another NJCAA title
- LOCAL COLLEGE HOOPS ROUNDUP: Albany State women advance to SIAC title game
- Lady Rams advance to conference quarterfinals
- Darton State College divers set to defend national titles
- Darton, Georgia Southwestern can't catch Eastern Florida State in final round of Doublegate Invitational
- LOCAL COLLEGE ROUNDUP: Darton, GSW golf tied for 2nd at Doublegate Invite
- South Georgia Tech downs Darton in region semifinal
- Darton wrestling hoping to make history at nationals