Albany Tech has no answer for Darton’s defensive intensity during Tuesday’s showdown between the two region and city rivals, which the Lady Cavs dominated thanks to 24 Albany Tech turnovers and 25 points from freshman Michelle Mitchell.
One season after the Lady Titans broke through and earned their first win in the rivalry series against crosstown foe Darton, they’re out to do it again tonight.
Worth County grad and Albany Tech star forward Jamorris Gaines sets a school record with his 36-point performance in Thursday night’s win against Southern Crescent.
LOCAL SPORTS BRIEFS: Albany Tech men's, women's hoops win on the road; Fitzgerald's Taylor signs with UGA
The Titans and Lady Titans both beat Middle Georgia Tech on Tuesday as the women move to 2-0, while the men improve to 2-3.
The Albany Tech women's basketball team returns just one starter in sophomore Bianca Fennessee, but Lady Titans coach Kenneth Williams thinks that with a few games under their belt, his team -- which opens its third season tonight on the road vs. Gordon -- can be a force to be reckoned with.
This year's roster for the Albany Tech men's basketball team, which opens its season tonight at home, is half made up of former Southwest Georgia hoops stars, including 2008 Herald Player of the Year, Terrance Noel of Westover.
Uyl Joyner, who was quarterback for the Rams the last time Albany State defeated the Blazers in 2004, is now ASU's offensive coordinator and is trying to give the No. 6 Rams just their second win in the history of the rivalry.
Last season's losing record left a bad taste in the Yellow Jackets' mouths and Thursday's season opener against Western Carolina cant come soon enough.
The Albany Tech women's basketball program is in only its second year of existence, but the Lady Titans feel ready to make a some major steps this season.
- Albany State University, Darton State College to offer unique reverse transfer program
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society names 2014 Coca-Cola Leader of Promise Scholar
- ASU volleyball team stays perfect with win against Claflin
- Yellow Jackets beat Georgia in Athens, 68-56
- UGA vs. Georgia Tech: It's that time of year again
- HBCUs back off planned rally at Regents meeting 12 comments
- Trojans send seven football players to college
- Cedric Ashe uses tackling skills off the field
- Georgia will face Tennessee quarterback Josh Dobbs for first time
- With Dalvin Cook hurting, FSU’s backup plan crucial
- Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson explains failed series
- Auburn star dismissed from team
- Georgia looks to leaders to help Bulldogs rebound
- Georgia quarterbacks moving forward
- TOP 25 FOOTBALL ROUNDUP: Second-half rally sends Ohio State past Indiana
- Alabama Crimson Tide hammers Georgia Bulldogs | PHOTOS
- Second-half surge sends Albany State past Miles College