Darton is in fourth heading into the final round of the District IV Championship, where the Cavs need to finish in the Top 8 to qualify for nationals. (ADDS: Lee County soccer)
Albany State's Lady Rams sweep Fort Valley to earn the top-seed in the upcoming conference tournament. (ADDS ASU's baseball teams beats Benedict, 9-4, and Darton State's softball team sweeps ABAC).
LOCAL COLLEGE/PREP ROUNDUP: Darton's Mitchell named NJCAA All-American; DWS boys soccer joins girls as region champs
Darton State College basketball star Michelle Mitchell earns Division I, Second-Team All-American honors from the NJCAA on Friday. (ADDS: roundup items on DWS boys, girls soccer; Westover boys soccer; and Deerfield baseball)
The Darton baseball team rolls the Thomas JV, while the Rams are routed by the rival Blazers, 25-8. (ADDS: roundup items on ASU-GSW softball; Lee County-Crisp County girls soccer; and Worth-Monroe baseball)
Darton freshman Parks Brown shoots an even-par 72 in Tuesday’s final round of the Region XVII golf championship to win the individual title and lead the Cavs to a 12th straight crown.
Officials from the Flint RiverQuarium and Darton State College are planning to host Albany's first 5k color-run and music festival.
The Darton golf team shoots a 295 in the second round of the Region XVII tournament and takes a 21-shot lead into today’s final round. (ADDS: Baconton-Worth baseball, DWS baseball, DWS tennis, Westover soccer)
COLLEGE ROUNDUP: Darton golf leading regionals after Day 1; Cavs baseball falls in 14 innings vs. ABAC
The Cavs are leading after the first round of the region championship, but coach Bill Jones wants his guys to play better and run away from the field today.
The Rams get a game-winning single from Juan Waters to win the second game of a doubleheader in walk-off fashion and will go for the three-game sweep of Morehouse today. (ADDS: roundup items on Darton baseball splitting with ABAC; GSW baseball getting swept by Columbus State)
The Cavs are ranked No. 8 in the country and expect to cruise through this week’s Region XVII tournament for their 12th championship in a row, then head to nationals.
The new women’s lacrosse program could take the same route as the Darton wrestling team and turn into an NJCAA-sanctioned program in a matter of years.
The Cavs’ bats go silent after the first inning as No. 12 nationally ranked Darton losses for just the second time since Feb. 9 and the first time at home this season.
Darton improves to 28-5 overall and 15-1 in the region with a pair of wins Saturday in Cuthbert against Andrew College. (ADDS: GSW softball)
The 12th-ranked Darton baseball team wins for the 20th time in its last 21 games with a 12-6 win against Region XVII rival Andrew. (ADDS: ASU baseball, ASU softball, Lee County baseball, Bainbridge soccer, Lee County soccer, Crisp County-Albany High baseball)
LOCAL COLLEGE ROUNDUP: Darton baseball ascends to No. 12 in Top 25 poll, ties program’s highest ranking ever; ASU baseball, softball falls on the road
The Darton baseball team is rolling like never before right now, and the NJCAA pollsters continue to take notice as the Cavs move to No. 12 in the nation. (ADDS ASU baseball and softball teams lose on the road).
- TOP 25 FOOTBALL ROUNDUP: Second-half rally sends Ohio State past Indiana
- Alabama Crimson Tide hammers Georgia Bulldogs | PHOTOS
- Second-half surge sends Albany State past Miles College
- North Carolina overcomes first-half deficit to stun Georgia Tech
- SEC FOOTBALL ROUNDUP: Peyton Barber paces Auburn to victory over San Jose State
- BOB KORNEGAY: Pondering the mug in the mirror
- Meat-hunting rules for deer are simpler
- ACC FOOTBALL ROUNDUP: Defense helps FSU top Wake Forest
- Local teams compete at Westover invitational
- Devonta Freeman fitting into Falcons new scheme
- William Moore’s interception was the key play for the Falcons
- New York Mets sweep Atlanta Braves
- Braves snap 12-game losing streak with win over Phillies
- Braves blown out by Nationals again
- Falcons finish preseason with 20-19 win over Baltimore | PHOTOS
- Judge overturns Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension
- Day wins FedExCup opener The Barclays by six shots
- New York pounds Atlanta 20-6 for series sweep
- Fan who died after falling from upper deck at Turner Field during Braves game ID'd
- Namesake Mercedes-Benz unveils new renderings of Atlanta's future NFL, MLS stadium | PHOTOS
- Local teams compete at Westover invitational
- PREP FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Lee County will play host to No. 1 Colquitt County
- Deerfield-Windsor beats Brookwood for homecoming | PHOTOS
- Terrell County opens region play with win over Calhoun County
- PREP FOOTBALL ROUNDUP: Terrell Academy stomps Georgia Christian
- Lee County wins region opener against Tift County | PHOTOS
- Friday's High School Football Capsules
- Lee County opens region play with Tift County
- Westover Invitational Cross Country set for Saturday
- ALBANY HERALD FOOTBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Westwood's Collier Baggett