Herald outdoors columnist Bob Kornegay writes about the oddities surrounding crappies and those who fish for them.
Archery season is underway, and Herald Outdoors columnist Bob Kornegay reminds hunters of safety tips and harvest records.
Herald Outdoors Columnist Bob Kornegay breaks down how to have a successful archery season.
Herald Outdoors Columnist Bob Kornegay recounts a tale from his childhood.
Herald outdoors columnist Bob Kornegay writes about traditions that should be passed down to the next generation of hunters.
Line maintenance often neglected by fishermen
Line maintenance is often neglected by fishermen, but proper line care is one of the most important aspects of fishing.
Herald Outdoors Columnist Bob Kornegay was shocked to see an otter slinking the woods recently during his squirrel-hunting trip — but as he later found out, he shouldn’t have been.
Check out where the fish are biting --- or not biting --- around Southwest Georgia this week.
As Herald Outdoors Columnist Bob Kornegay waits out duck season, he reflects on why last season was as successful as they come.
Small-game hunters across Georgia are excited and ready for the annual squirrel season, which opens next week.
Herald outdoors columnist Bob Kornegay writes about Lake Blue Ridge, where "sparkling diamonds of mountain water dance off the scales of a leaping fish in rising or setting sunlight."
Check out where the fish are biting -- or not biting -- around Southwest Georgia this week.
Herald Outdoors Columnist breaks down why he misses the days sitting around and gazing off a rustic old back porch.
Herald outdoor columnist Bob Kornegay writes about the joys of vacation.
Find out where the fish are biting -- or not biting -- around Southwest Georgia this week.
- Albany State baseball stunned in tourney opener
- Lady Cavs sweep Andrew, finish season undefeated at home
- Darton softball sweeps Middle Georgia
- Lady Rams settle for No. 2 seed
- Darton baseball sets school record with 17th straight win
- Darton baseball crushes ABAC for 15th straight win
- COLLEGE ROUNDUP: Darton baseball, softball keep winning streaks alive
- Cavs win district title, punch ticket to nationals
- Darton golf close to 13th straight nationals berth
- Albany State baseball finishes SIAC slate unbeaten
- Gattis' pinch-hit double lifts Braves past Marlins
- Series lead up for grabs between Hawks, Pacers
- Pacers rally, even series with Hawks
- Braves manage three hits in 1-0 loss to Marlins
- BRAVES NOTEBOOK: Varvaro lighting up radar gun
- Former NFL wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson arrested
- Braves Minor set to return
- Braves fall to Mets in 14 innings
- BRAVES NOTEBOOK: Harang emerging as essential pitcher for Atlanta
- Phillies' Burnett outduels Braves' Wood for 1-0 victory
- Deerfield girls win region tennis title
- GISA STATE SOCCER TOURNAMENT: Deerfield, Sherwood teams advance to quarterfinals
- Dougherty to name former Harlem Globetrotter Randolph as hoops coach
- Four Lee County standouts sign college scholarships
- Terrell County runs away with Region 1-A track & field titles
- Westover sweeps Region 1-AAAA meet; Bainbridge boys take 1-AAAAA title
- Deerfield-Windsor track & field teams roll to region titles
- Three SW Georgia schools ask GHSA to reconsider classification
- Glover’s big game leads Deerfield past Southland
- Monroe girls, Westover boys take Westover Relays